Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #1
coda
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 25
Getting a better Sprint discount & lowering fees

OK, so me and my family have had a Sprint Talk/Message Share plan for almost a month (there's about a week left before we have to stay with the plan). I feel stupid for putting this off but anyhow:

When I originally ordered the phone, a customer service rep set up an online account while in the store, and said I would be getting a 25% teacher discount. Unfortunately, when the bill came in, it was only a 15% discount- which is the way it's supposed to be, but is there any way I can get the 25% discount by saying I only got the phone because I thought I was getting the 25% discount?

Another thing is, I've just started a part time job at Nasa- if I get a Nasa email, I'll be eligible for another discount. Can I apply two discounts to one plan?

Also, Sprint has a helluva lot of surcharges and fees. I've read that a lot of them are bogus- any tips on how to reduce them?

Also, there are a couple of things on my phone I don't need, for example call waiting and call forwarding. Can I get rid of these for a discount?
coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
toosexyforyou
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Amazed
Phone: A900
SU$: 997
you can't stack multiple discounts.
go for either discount whichever is higher.
no way around reducing surcharges and fees that i am aware of
as for as i know i have not heard of removing call waiting and forwarding for a discount.

gl
Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #3
twosilk
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 4,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post
OK, so me and my family have had a Sprint Talk/Message Share plan for almost a month (there's about a week left before we have to stay with the plan). I feel stupid for putting this off but anyhow:

When I originally ordered the phone, a customer service rep set up an online account while in the store, and said I would be getting a 25% teacher discount. Unfortunately, when the bill came in, it was only a 15% discount- which is the way it's supposed to be, but is there any way I can get the 25% discount by saying I only got the phone because I thought I was getting the 25% discount?

Another thing is, I've just started a part time job at Nasa- if I get a Nasa email, I'll be eligible for another discount. Can I apply two discounts to one plan?

Also, Sprint has a helluva lot of surcharges and fees. I've read that a lot of them are bogus- any tips on how to reduce them?

Also, there are a couple of things on my phone I don't need, for example call waiting and call forwarding. Can I get rid of these for a discount?
I smell a problem customer in the making. discounts cant be stacked, your nasa/government discount may be the largest, if that is so ask for that discount, i dont understand the beginning, you say that you were told you would get a 25% discount, but got 15%, but this is what it was supposed to be? a little confused there, but the bottom line is only one discount, and you have not been with sprint for 30 days and already looking for a discount/reason to call retention. wow!!!!
twosilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
seattlite
Telephone User

Mood: PMSing
SU$: 1,308
way to get right in there buddy!

You have been with Sprint less than 30 days and you are already asking for additional discounts to the one that was given to you.
seattlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
Lakers4ItAll
Account Inactive

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 3,508
Call Sprint ask them what u just asked here all they can do is say NO
Lakers4ItAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
tnman
Forum Member
- Contributor -

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
SU$: 1,654
Looks like I lost my free N&W at 6P, Free power vision and free txt. I called customer service and they said that they were all for a limited time and they had all expired?!?!?!?! I have never had this happen before anyway it added $40 to my bill, the only discount that I am getting now is my 23% work discount.

The only service credit shows up is all for less than 50 cents not even sure how that is calculated or what it is for.

I am waiting to get a new Touch Pro and hope to get something back for free again or at lease service credits to cover costs, I have been with Sprint since 1996!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: