Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
sfxc13
Cellular Phone User

Phone: TP2
SU$: 9,977
Sprint TV Channel Guide

Sprint TV Basic
CNN Mobile
Disney Channel
E!
Fox Sports
NFL Network
Sprint Movies trailers
Sprint Exclusive Entertainment
Weather Channel

Sprint TV Premier - (includes the above)
ABC Mobile
ABC News Now
Cartoon Network Mobile
CBS Mobile
CMT
Comedy central Mobile
Discovery Mobile
Et to Go
Fox News Channel
GT Mobile
LOGO
MTV Mobile
Nascar On Speed
Nick Mobile
SPEED
Spike
The Blast
The CW
TR3 Mobile
VH1 Mobile

Sprint TV Xtra
2008 Emmys
A&E Mobile
Access Hollywood
Animal Planet
Anim8
ATAKU
Bombones
Bravo To Go
Café Music
Chaos Extreme
CNET
Comedy Time
C-SPAN
C-SPAN2
Discovery
Discovery Mobile
Double Z Country
ESPN Mobile TV
Fashion TV
Fox Business
MAXX Look
MAXX Sports
MSNBC
NBC Mobile
NBC Mobile (Entertainment)
NBC Sports Mobile
NFL Network
Oxygen (Oh!)
*****cat Dolls
R&B Jamz
Ritmo Caliente
Sci Fi
History
The Mic
Hip Hop
The Weather Channel
TLC
ToonWorld
TV Classics
Top Ten
Totally 80s-90s
USA Network
V40 Top Hits

Sprint TV Basic is included with any Data Pack (I do not believe it can be purchased separately)
Sprint TV Premier is included with a Data Premier Plan (unlimited data and/or data share plans)
Sprint TV Xtra is always an additional $9.99 (Cause why wouldn't you pay for poor quality pixilated tv...)

For more info: http://www.nextel.com/en/services/po..._Link_SprintTV
sfxc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
Trades: 4
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

The premier pack can be purchased seperately for $7.95 /mo with the basic pack if all you want is the 20 premierTV channels and not GPS...like if you have a Palm OS device that doesn't support GPS

Otherwise it's better to just get the Premier pack that includes premier TV, Sprint Radio premier and GPS for the additional $10/month...JMO
Old 09-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
ZUROBI3
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 4,439
I use to have the sprint basic and the xtra for a total of 25.00 a month and now, I have the premier for the 25.00 but have gps that I don't have before and only ch. I'm missing is MSNBC no big deal I have fox that's great, I think having the premier is worth it than a basic and xtra

ZUROBI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
DulacLancelot
Telephone User

SU$: 643
Send a message via Yahoo to DulacLancelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
Sprint TV Basic
CNN Mobile
Disney Channel
E!
Fox Sports
NFL Network
Sprint Movies trailers
Sprint Exclusive Entertainment
Weather Channel
the Sprint TV Xtra lineup seems to basically match up with what i'm getting, but the Sprint TV Basic doesn't anymore. i did used to get all of the above, but now i'm missing channels...

out of the list above, i'm missing CNN, Disney, E!, Fox Sports, NFL Network, and The Weather Channel. really, i only ever watched CNN and NFL Network so those are the only ones that i can positively confirm i used to have. but now they are gone! really i only just want CNN back.

but as a more general question, what happened to my Basic channels (my Xtra channels are all still there)?
DulacLancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
SprintKids
Telegraph User

Mood: Happy
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 39
I don't see CNN in any of the channel listings? where is it?
SprintKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
rollndice83
SU Drama Club Tech-Printed Circuit Board User

Phone: Samsung M520
SU$: 5,255
Send a message via Yahoo to rollndice83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintKids View Post
I don't see CNN in any of the channel listings? where is it?
It's right under my main channel menu..
Old 01-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
SprintKids
Telegraph User

Mood: Happy
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 39
under the "live" tab- it's(cnn) not there.
SprintKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Dronak
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung Epic 4G
SU$: 8,684
Wow, I guess the fact that I didn't know they dropped so many channels from Sprint TV Premier and moved them into a pay Sprint TV Xtra shows how little I use that feature. It looks like they made this move to three tiers some time ago, and I only just found out about it. I wonder how many people will pay $10/month for the Xtra service. Sprint TV is OK, but it's not so great that I want to pay more money for it.

I think the channel line up has been reduced further than in the original post -- see this Sprint TV page. It looks like 13 channels have been eliminated completely, and Premier only adds 7 channels to the Basic's 16, if I counted the logos in the images correctly. Xtra is supposed to add 35 more channels, but I don't see a listing of exactly what. There wasn't too much I watched on Sprint TV before, and with the recent(?) eliminations there's essentially nothing I want to see. Too bad. I did get some amusement killing time with it now and then, but not anymore. I guess this is basically a wasted application now.
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #9
rivercat123
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Galaxy S6
SU$: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
Wow, I guess the fact that I didn't know they dropped so many channels from Sprint TV Premier and moved them into a pay Sprint TV Xtra shows how little I use that feature. It looks like they made this move to three tiers some time ago, and I only just found out about it. I wonder how many people will pay $10/month for the Xtra service. Sprint TV is OK, but it's not so great that I want to pay more money for it.

I think the channel line up has been reduced further than in the original post -- see this Sprint TV page. It looks like 13 channels have been eliminated completely, and Premier only adds 7 channels to the Basic's 16, if I counted the logos in the images correctly. Xtra is supposed to add 35 more channels, but I don't see a listing of exactly what. There wasn't too much I watched on Sprint TV before, and with the recent(?) eliminations there's essentially nothing I want to see. Too bad. I did get some amusement killing time with it now and then, but not anymore. I guess this is basically a wasted application now.
I wish Sprint would improve the way they show the basic package and the tv premier package. On the web page they only show 2 blocks with a bunch of logos. Why don't they list the channels offered in each package so you know exactly what you are getting?
rivercat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
Levi4u
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC EVO
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 2,942
The sadest part about this is that when they started the SEP's last year, And when we got our instincts back in june ALL the tv was included. Now there is hardley any thing left and they want to charge more to give us some of those back.
Levi4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #11
rivercat123
Cordless Phone User

They are going to have to update the update April 30 because Fox Sports channel is going away.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #12
Dronak
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung Epic 4G
SU$: 8,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercat123 View Post
They are going to have to update the update April 30 because Fox Sports channel is going away.
You're right. CNN has been dropped now, too. I wonder how many more channels they plan to drop before Sprint TV becomes essentially useless, with all the good channels requiring subscriptions at additional fees.
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
ZUROBI3
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 4,439
First was FOX NEWS that was the best news ch. now is CNN, so far the only one that I like is the WX Ch. and is not worth it to pay a lot for one channel

ZUROBI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #14
rivercat123
Cordless Phone User

Sprint advertises the TV Premier add on for $7.95 and now only includes 7 channels. They advertise the TV Xtra add on for $9.99 and it includes 35 channels. The problem is most people don't have TV Premier as a $7.95 add on, it is part of a package. When they signed up for the package TV Premier included many more channels. Since Sprint removed most of the channels the only way to get replacement channels is to pay $9.99 for TV Xtra. It wouldn't be a bad option to pay $9.99 if you could remove $7.95 from the cost of the package.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
dmacrae101
Two Cans & String User

Phone: instinct
SU$: 12
I have had the Instinct for awhile now, have the unlimited data plan, TV Primier etc.. Just found out today that they have cancelled CNN!
I can't even begin to say how "hot" am about this. Being able to have instant access to current news "was" the biggest factor in my decison to get this phone. Why would I pay for unlimited data only to find out a few months later the very thing I got the phone for is not longer available.
I will be warming up some customer service lines very soon.
dmacrae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > Sprint TV Channel Guide

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: