Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
blackerwater
evdo speed abuser

Phone: Instinct
SU$: 796
Motorola® Renegade™ V950

Its on sprint website for sale..... looks good

www.touchhome.org/wap for the best links!
blackerwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #2
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
Trades: 4
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Our Store got several on Friday...Yes it does look good. I wouldn't be surprised to see a launch of NDC on Sprint NATIONWIDE very soon!!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
ink718
Account Inactive

Phone: Touch Pro
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
Is this phone qchat? Works on the EVDO Rev. A network or requires a sim-card like the Motorola Nextel phones?
ink718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #4
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Qchat, 2way works on EVDO Rev A network...No SIM at all.

Last edited by Dragonman; 09-02-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
ink718
Account Inactive

Nice! Going to have to sell my LX400 and buy this babie. Haha. They need to take a damn WM phone with qchat/DC option! That thing would sell like crazy! I don't know what the hell Sprint is waiting for. They took long enough to have Sprint branded phones have the bleep (Direct Connect) and work with other Nextels.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Plus, the V950 uses the EVDO Rev.A network for when using it with a PAM option.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

heard a Rumor that there is a BB with qchat in the works...no word on a WinMo phone...The reason it's taken so long is it is a HUGE undertaking to get 2 seperate networks with different frequencies and different technology to interconnect. The also wanted it to work like Nextel with a less than 1 second initial connect time, which qchat does. I'm hoping to get a Renegade as soon as they roll out NDC on Sprint Nationwide. I currently have an ic902 which I am really enjoying. I assume the Renegade is as good or better. The capabilities are very similar.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #8
ink718
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post

heard a Rumor that there is a BB with qchat in the works...no word on a WinMo phone...The reason it's taken so long is it is a HUGE undertaking to get 2 seperate networks with different frequencies and different technology to interconnect. The also wanted it to work like Nextel with a less than 1 second initial connect time, which qchat does. I'm hoping to get a Renegade as soon as they roll out NDC on Sprint Nationwide. I currently have an ic902 which I am really enjoying. I assume the Renegade is as good or better. The capabilities are very similar.
Yea I understand what you saying but since they now got the frequencies and technology to interconnect what the hall is taking so long to get a WM or a BB with the qchat/DC feature. They would make a killing with a device like that!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
Mikecintel
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung Prevail
SU$: 1,645
Yes, finally the Moto V950 is out. I have been waiting for this phone a loooonnnnnggggg time. I am thinking of upgrade my Samsung A640 phone to this one. This phone can have a option of extending the battery which is great. If someone bought this phone today. Can someone do a review or I can look to other sites to see the reviews. Oh they said this phone has Sprint Navigation but I do not want that. Can I disable the Sprint Navigation? I also don't do the DC (Direct Connect) because I am the only person on Sprint and non of my friends have Sprint. I just want this phone because the display is large and they have a HUGE screen which is good.

Mike
Mikecintel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
ZUROBI3
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 4,439
You don't need to activate the navigation unless you have it on your plan and also the Direct Connect, we bought one of the sanyo phones that have direct connect and we didn't activate that, the navigation is included in my plan and I love it is really nice, specially the live traffic alerts, it works, I can't wait to get my phone, I already order it last friday and they told me tomorrow I hope so

QUOTE=Mikecintel;1922029]Yes, finally the Moto V950 is out. I have been waiting for this phone a loooonnnnnggggg time. I am thinking of upgrade my Samsung A640 phone to this one. This phone can have a option of extending the battery which is great. If someone bought this phone today. Can someone do a review or I can look to other sites to see the reviews. Oh they said this phone has Sprint Navigation but I do not want that. Can I disable the Sprint Navigation? I also don't do the DC (Direct Connect) because I am the only person on Sprint and non of my friends have Sprint. I just want this phone because the display is large and they have a HUGE screen which is good.

Mike[/QUOTE]

ZUROBI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #11
Ronkh
Evil Kraut driving mod

Mood: Lurking
Phone: EVO, Tour
Trades: 1
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 42,655
Send a message via AIM to Ronkh

impressions soon
so far it's seems good. Good interface, quick. Going to activate it now so more later.
Ronkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #12
Gunny
Motorola i880

Phone: Renegade!!!
SU$: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

impressions soon
so far it's seems good. Good interface, quick. Going to activate it now so more later.
\

Cool and if you could post some other pics that would be cool too.

thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #13
ZUROBI3
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

impressions soon
How's the speakerphone and ringers really loud loud and also does it have alarm, cause in some places says yes and in others say not

ZUROBI3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
Smokeless Joe
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN

Mood: Lurking
Phone: 5s
Trades: 1
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 22,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUROBI3 View Post
How's the speakerphone and ringers really loud loud and also does it have alarm, cause in some places says yes and in others say not
Speaker is nice and clear, ringers nice and loud (except the DC chirp) yes it has an alarm. I did a very small review in review section check it out.
Smokeless Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
mgreathouse77
Telegraph User

Phone: Razr2 v9m
SU$: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeless Joe View Post
Speaker is nice and clear, ringers nice and loud (except the DC chirp) yes it has an alarm. I did a very small review in review section check it out.
Just read your review, i'm trying to choose between the PRO700 and V950. I need a sturdy phone. Which of the two would you say prefer? Also I text rather frequently and was wondering if you could give keypad feel impressions? Thanks!
Samsung A900(2 of them), A900M, N400, M510
Toshiba VM4050
mgreathouse77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Other Carriers & MVNOs > Prepaid Wireless Services & PTT > Motorola® Renegade™ V950

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: