Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
bikerich69
Fancy Yellow....The Ice Of Choice:)

Phone: KATANA DLX
SU$: 24,030
Verizon Beats Sprint In Every Category....Gimme A Break!

Just came from phonearena and read alot of posts from verizon customers bashing sprint. they are saying verizon beats sprint in every category regarding reception, customer service, blah. blah. blah.
all this was in regards to the HTC Diamond that sprint will be offering compared to the version that verizon will be offering.
but i have heard this verizon flag waving before. i think it is a bunch of BS. just because the surveys show verizon beating Sprint in every category, I dont believe this to be true in the real world.
how about sprint nickel and diming you for everything you want to add to your plan.
i have had sprint for over 8 years now. As people are aware, i am not a satisfied sprint customer all of the time and i post the faults of sprint when i experience them. It is a rocky road. But all in all I am a very happy customer when it comes to service, reception, and best of all, plan pricing. i have some suggestions regarding the family everything plans, but all in all, verizon cannot touch sprint when it comes to plan pricing.
i have had verizon service for a total of 3 days and ported back to sprint. verizon was deceptive, customer service sucked, and it took me over 6 months to get a $250 refund that was due me.
My sister also has verizon for over 8 years and there is nothing better about verizon compared to sprint.she complains about customer service, etc, etc. she even turned down a sprint SERO Plan to keep her verizon plan which offers her 500 minutes for $50!! and thats it. no extras, data, picture mail,etc. There was no logical reason she could give me to stay with verizon. My brother jumped on SERO from atnt and could not be happier. surveys are biased in some way which always seems to put verizon at the top. a plan with verizon equal to the plan i have with Sprint would probably cost me over twice as much. No Company Is That Good. Even If They Cooked Me Dinner And Fed My Cats!
I just had to post this because I always hear how good verzion is. Good at what? Compared to Sprint, I did not see them being better except maybe in the varied devices they offer.
In the REAL WORLD, SPRINT IS NOT AS BAD AS THESE SURVEYS MAKE THEM OUT TO BE. Sprint just gets a bad rap, and everyone jumps on the Bandwagon.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
I agree that Verizon doesn't beat Sprint in EVERY catagory... one that comes to mind is PRICING (especially if you count SERO, or even SEP)! Verizon has some of the highest priced plans I've seen, and to my knowledge doesn't offer any discounts to customers (except corporate ones if you're lucky enough).

However, that's where the "realistically provable", "unbiased" and "factual" comparisons stop. Coverage really depends on where you are, and unless someone travelled every square foot of the U.S. and measured Verizon's coverage vs. Sprint's coverage in every single part of the U.S., we'll never REALLY know who is "better" than who (all people can do is speculate based on coverage maps and cell site counts). Cell service really depends on your location (similar to coverage), and in order to be accurately measured one must account for every square foot of the U.S. with the same exact phone, otherwise the results are only limited to your immediate location at the immediate time. Customer service really depends on who you get (and unless you speak with EVERY SINGLE customer service agent for both Verizon and Sprint, there's REALLY no way to know who ultimately has the "better" customer service). Phone selection is changing all the time, and is a subjective measure since phone tastes are based on the individual's opinion (what I consider a "better" phone may not be what you consider a "better" phone).

That being said, I see no problems with making limited claims of "better" cell phone coverage, service, customer service, phone selection, etc as long as it can be "proven". (For example, saying my house has "better" coverage and cell service with Verizon than Sprint when it is easily provable.) However, people that make "generalized" comments how carrier X is ALWAYS better than carrier Y (or other similar comments using absolute measures and results) should know better, and always expect to be disproven somehow...

I do have to admit though, that based on MY FRIEND'S and MY experiences (when my friend tried out Verizon in my area at the same time I was trying out Sprint, and while we both had AT&T and T-Mobile respectively), we found Verizon customer service to be quite good (I would rank them #2 under T-Mobile, and he would rank them #1 since he never had T-Mobile nor experienced T-Mobile's customer service before). We also found that in the locations we went, Verizon consistantly had a stronger signal than the other 3 carriers, didn't drop any syllables or words on their end (in the tests that we ran), and had very clean and clear audio (CDMA-to-CDMA seemed cleaner than CDMA-to-GSM). Since 90% of my friend's and my time is spent in the locations we tested, Verizon would work very well for us. However, based on price (SERO) I chose Sprint, and based on price he chose AT&T (corporate discount... and that Sprint sent him a blatantly USED and dirty phone when he signed up, which completely soured his Sprint experience).

EDIT: Forgot to add my friend's MAIN reason for NOT choosing Sprint... and now he won't consider Sprint in the future... ever...

Last edited by chokaay; 08-29-2008 at 11:53 AM.
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
exi
Dazed and confused

Phone: Palm Pre
SU$: 3,632
Bashing Sprint is kind of like bashing our current president or being a democrat on a college campus. It's just the cool thing to do, especially for the trend whores. Grain of truth to everything, sure, but still.

And as I have mentioned elsewhere, it's the willingness on Sprint's part to work with its customers and occasionally provide free services - like my free unlimited texting which I use so regularly - that keeps me loyal to the company. In my area and at the university where I spend so much of my time, the coverage is about equal across the major carriers, so it's not like I couldn't just as easily go to Verizon.

Then again, would Verizon give me a lower monthly phone bill for equivalent functionality to what I have now? Not a ****ing chance.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

Phone: Storm, Palm Pre
Trades: 3
SU$: 4,362
it is a shame, i have customers come in that want to switch just because everyone they know makes fun of Sprint, and i always ask them, What problems do you have with Sprint, and they have none.

And then i have the other customers who come in yelling about the smallest thing and it gets so old. "I want out of my contract i went on vacation and didnt have service. blah blah blah" hating Sprint is the cool and easy thing to do and its gettign quite old.

My favorite customers are the ones who water damage their phone and i cant just GIVE them a new one for free and they get mad and snap back "And this is why everyone is leaving Sprint and your stock is so low" Why because your an idiot and dropped your phone in water and declined insurace? Go buy a car and drive it into a lake and see it the dealer will give you a new one...ahhh
ok thats all..
SprintSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
bikerich69

i hear your pain. must be real frustrating to hear some of these yahoos.
customer service related jobs are tough.
i would probably be fired on the first day for telling a customer to go screw him or herself
Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

haha, as much as i say a hate it, i live for the abuse...lol...
Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
rjijon06
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintSALES View Post
it is a shame, i have customers come in that want to switch just because everyone they know makes fun of Sprint, and i always ask them, What problems do you have with Sprint, and they have none.

And then i have the other customers who come in yelling about the smallest thing and it gets so old. "I want out of my contract i went on vacation and didnt have service. blah blah blah" hating Sprint is the cool and easy thing to do and its gettign quite old.

My favorite customers are the ones who water damage their phone and i cant just GIVE them a new one for free and they get mad and snap back "And this is why everyone is leaving Sprint and your stock is so low" Why because your an idiot and dropped your phone in water and declined insurace? Go buy a car and drive it into a lake and see it the dealer will give you a new one...ahhh
ok thats all..
you are expressing that way because you are in the other side.. making fun of people thats not cool
rjijon06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjijon06 View Post
you are expressing that way because you are in the other side.. making fun of people thats not cool
i dont know what that means...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintSALES View Post
i dont know what that means...

I think what rjijon06 means is that to him/her, your comments in your previous post was made just because you work for Sprint, and that making fun of people is not cool.
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
bmw745ion19s
Telegraph User

Phone: Motorola Razr2
SU$: 186
i think verizon prob has the least attractive phones out there! i wish sprint did have a better selection of high end flip phones and sliders instead of just smart phones at the high end
Sanyo Katana DLX Gold
HTC Touch
VOTE REPUBLICAN 2008!
bmw745ion19s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
exi
Dazed and confused

Phone: Palm Pre
SU$: 3,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s View Post
i think verizon prob has the least attractive phones out there! i wish sprint did have a better selection of high end flip phones and sliders instead of just smart phones at the high end
Yep. Just like in the V9M relaunching thread, I agree. Smartphones are wonderful, but hell, some of us still like our flips and keep track of things in our head more than not, dammit!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
bikerich69

when it comes to DECEPTION, sprint may have verizon beat. although, as i posted previously, from my past experience, verizon was pretty deceptive also.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

Large companies like verizon and sprint have very highly paid lawyers that make sure nothing is deceptive and illegal. But they must be wrong.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #14
bikerich69

Yes, they must be wrong.
happens some of the time. that is why there is a judicial system that finds large companies liable for policies that are initated that are found to be deceptive.
sad to say, large companies including sprint get away with alot more crap than they should.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:39 AM   #15
Wilochka
HTC Fan

SU$: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerich69 View Post
Just came from phonearena and read alot of posts from verizon customers bashing sprint. they are saying verizon beats sprint in every category regarding reception, customer service, blah. blah. blah.
all this was in regards to the HTC Diamond that sprint will be offering compared to the version that verizon will be offering.
but i have heard this verizon flag waving before. i think it is a bunch of BS. just because the surveys show verizon beating Sprint in every category, I dont believe this to be true in the real world.
how about sprint nickel and diming you for everything you want to add to your plan.
i have had sprint for over 8 years now. As people are aware, i am not a satisfied sprint customer all of the time and i post the faults of sprint when i experience them. It is a rocky road. But all in all I am a very happy customer when it comes to service, reception, and best of all, plan pricing. i have some suggestions regarding the family everything plans, but all in all, verizon cannot touch sprint when it comes to plan pricing.
i have had verizon service for a total of 3 days and ported back to sprint. verizon was deceptive, customer service sucked, and it took me over 6 months to get a $250 refund that was due me.
My sister also has verizon for over 8 years and there is nothing better about verizon compared to sprint.she complains about customer service, etc, etc. she even turned down a sprint SERO Plan to keep her verizon plan which offers her 500 minutes for $50!! and thats it. no extras, data, picture mail,etc. There was no logical reason she could give me to stay with verizon. My brother jumped on SERO from atnt and could not be happier. surveys are biased in some way which always seems to put verizon at the top. a plan with verizon equal to the plan i have with Sprint would probably cost me over twice as much. No Company Is That Good. Even If They Cooked Me Dinner And Fed My Cats!
I just had to post this because I always hear how good verzion is. Good at what? Compared to Sprint, I did not see them being better except maybe in the varied devices they offer.
In the REAL WORLD, SPRINT IS NOT AS BAD AS THESE SURVEYS MAKE THEM OUT TO BE. Sprint just gets a bad rap, and everyone jumps on the Bandwagon.
have they loked at their bills? My friend had Verizon and we both got the Motorola Q9c/Q9m and my data plan stayed the same (like $10/mo.) and they changed her plan to some ridiculous $45 win-mo data plan.
History: Sony Ericsson T226 (Cingular), Sony Ericsson T610 (Cingular), Sanyo PM-8200 (Sprint), Samsung SGH-r225 (T-Mobile), Sanyo MM-8300 (Sprint), LG Fusic (Sprint), HTC Mogul (Sprint), HTC Touch (Sprint), Motorola Q9c (Sprint), HTC Touch Pro (Sprint), Samsung Moment (Sprint), HTC Evo 4G (Sprint), HTC Evo 3D (Sprint), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (unlocked), Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint)
Wilochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > Verizon Beats Sprint In Every Category....Gimme A Break!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: