Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Doctor Mabuse
Dr Mabuse

Phone: Blackberry 8830
SU$: 164
RIM A problem occurred while trying to render the page Error Message on BB 8830

I started getting this error message while trying to use the browser this weekend. I've done numerous battery pulls, I've set my start page to Bookmarks page, I've cleared the content cache, I've done what was suggested in the quote below:

Quote:
Open up your browser and hit the menu button. You will see Browser Config option. Select that and when in there, hit menu again and you will see the reset to default option. Do that and restart your phone. See if that fixes your problem. Unquote

I've resent my service books. I then reset my Browser settings to what I had before since resetting to default didn't work. My emulation mode is set to Blackberry. The problem continues!

My OS is 4.2.2.196. I'm looking for help & suggestions that will get this problem corrected.

P.S.
After some research, I set the Home page to Google Mobile. When I entered Google in the GoTo window, the device connects to Google Mobile without the error message appearing & I can access other WEB pages without the error message in the limited number of times I've tried going thru Google Mobile. This appears to be a work around. But not a solution & fix of what caused & is causing the error message to appear when NOT going thru Google Mobile.

I'd still like a solution to the root problem causing this error message.

Cogito
, Ergo Sum
Doctor Mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
dargewrd80
Two Cans & String User

Phone: 800w, 8330
SU$: 164
Send a message via AIM to dargewrd80 Send a message via Yahoo to dargewrd80
i dont know either man for my 8330 i had same error message i had to do a battery pull it worked and a tip for you instead of a battery pull press alt caps del caps right side one
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 AM   #3
punky_noodle
Two Cans & String User

Phone: ic902
SU$: 137
Send a message via MSN to punky_noodle
Clear the cookies and cache! then soft reset and your G2G
punky_noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > RIM BlackBerry Phones > A problem occurred while trying to render the page Error Message on BB 8830

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: