Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
Splattered
Two Cans & String User

Phone: LG Rumor
SU$: 70
What does it mean when your phone says "Digital Roaming"

My home SID is 4174 on Sprint network, but when I force my phone to roam during poor receptions, it would go to different SIDs.

I noticed that some SIDs cause the phone to display. When it jumps on SID 4945, Cricket Wireless, it says "Digital Roaming", but when it goes to SID 30, Verizon Wireless, the triangle comes on by the signal strength bar, but it doesn't say "Digital Roaming"...
Splattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:30 AM   #2
recithree
master electrician

Mood: Happy
Phone: note 2
Trades: 1
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 7,405
as long as you have unlimited roaming then it means nothing to you.it is how they set up the provider in the sid.and some phones just do the triangle now.
it usefulness is for people who didnt have roaming unless it is on a partner that they have a agrement that they wont charge for roaming(sprint and ntelos has some agreement).it was,if it actually said digital roaming then you were getting charged,if it showed the triangle(which is still roaming)then you were just using plan minutes.
recithree is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > What does it mean when your phone says "Digital Roaming"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: