Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
drjewel
Two Cans & String User

Phone: lg rumor
SU$: 47
Angry REACTIVATE SPRINT PHONE AFTER I myself REPORT IT LOST/STOLEN then found it?

Is It True You Cant Reactivate Sprint Phone After I Report It Lost/stolen
Ok Now Here's My Dilema, I Lost My Sprint Phone And So I Reported It Lost Or Stolen.sprint Wasnt Able To Replace My Phone With The Same Exact Phone I Had Because It Was No Longer Available Which Made Me Upset Cuz I Wanted My Same Phone. So I Had To Get Another Phone. Now I Found The Phone I Lost And Loved So Much And I Called The Insurance People To Tell Them I Found It And Would Rather Use That One Instead And I Would Send The New Phone They Sent Back. And To My Surprise The Woman Told Me I Could Not Do That, Cuz The Esn Is Just No Good Anymore And Its A Security Measure. Now Is This Totally True? There Is No Way Around It ? I Mean Its My Phone I Found It Cuz It Was "lost" Or "stolen" Turns Out It Was "lost". So Why Cant I Get My Phone Back On, That They Couldnt Replace . Now Im Stuck Wit This Phone I Dont Like.. I Read A Few Posts On Here About Similar Situations And Read Some People Mention Releasin The Esn.. I Mean It Was My Phone I Didnt Find Someone Elses Phone To Try And Connect And They Could Just Have Verified All My Info Or Something Right.. Or Is This Some Kind Of System They Cant Control Which Really Just Burns The Esn Number So It Can Never Be Used Again..????????/ Please Help.. Should I Call Back And Maybe Ask To Speak To Someone Else And What Do I Say To Them?.. Thanks

Sorry So Long To Explain
drjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Marlon_JB2
How do I become a moderator on this forum?

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5S
Trades: 3
SU$: 32,064
Send a message via AIM to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Skype™ to Marlon_JB2
Well a while back...

Lost meant no blacklisted ESN.
Stolen meant a blacklisted ESN.

I'd attempt to avoid calling the insurance company and call up Sprint, have them run the ESN. It might be clear. Reactivate the phone, be happy.
Marlon_JB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
MotaMonster695
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung M800
SU$: 10
Call Insurance Support 1-800-784-2610 they are pretty good about this stuff that's the number I use as an employee.
MotaMonster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
drjewel
Two Cans & String User

Phone: lg rumor
SU$: 47
well is that number to sprint people, and has nothing to do with the insurace company?.. and also as far as me just callin sprint and reactivating. say i do that and everything is all good , wouldnt it send up a reg flag to the insurance company.. i mean i dont want them to think im tryin to get over on them.. i told them i would send the phone they sent me back to them. i just simply want to use my old phone which i was content with. thought it was something simple since im the owner and i found it so i should have been able to just call and have them clear that problem.. i will try that number MONSTER posted in the meantime. see if i get any other suggestions. thanks
drjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
MotaMonster695
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung M800
SU$: 10
As long as you send the replacement phone back you will be good with the insurance company, that stuff happens all the time (at least my store see's it all the time) so I'm sure they are used to it.
MotaMonster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
iPetATS
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 129
Send a message via AIM to iPetATS Send a message via MSN to iPetATS Send a message via Yahoo to iPetATS
WELL. You can go into the store with two forms of ID if it's marked lost/stolen, and you can totally have it fixed that way. Sprint Tech support, Advance Tech Support, Customer care, etc, have no way to release an ESN once it's been flagged, but the store can.
iPetATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #7
Fubar101
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 11,375
If you already filed a claim and got a replacement the flag on the phone should not be removed. If you by chance find a rep that does remove the flag and you put the device back on your account asurion can bill you for the full price of the equipment.

This is from the equipment brouchere:

> If your device is damaged or later found, it must be
returned, or pay the non-returned equipment charge
applicable to the model of damaged device. You can
avoid this charge by simply returning the covered
property as directed. We will mail you the necessary
shipping material to return the damaged device.
Fubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Total Equipment Protection > REACTIVATE SPRINT PHONE AFTER I myself REPORT IT LOST/STOLEN then found it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: