Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
foxnews
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,859
Disable NAI Functionality

I have family plan with 3 phones; two phones got grandfather vision with full credit and the third phone got no vision.

I just renewed the contract, and somehow the vision was lost on the first phone. I called in a few times and got escalated to Account dep with a cose opened and got it restored to Power vision for the first phone with credit (i hope).

then I asked if I can get vision for the third phone, which never had vision, and she (CS) said no. then she said something about setting up this phone so that they can't accidently add vision later to this third phone.

I went online to check account plan and saw "Disable NAI Functionality" under my third phone plan option. what is "Disable NAI Functionality"? I know about disabling NAI to connect to PC but I never see this "Disable NAI Functionality" on my account plan before.

Last edited by foxnews; 07-16-2008 at 04:44 PM.
foxnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
deathorglory
Telephone User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 1,612
Disabling the NAI is a button we click which adds a code to the line, blocking internet capability from that phone.
Yes, I work for Sprint. No, I cannot "hook you up". No, I will not look at your account or provide you with confidential or proprietary information. All my blatantly honest opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.
deathorglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
foxnews
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathorglory View Post
Disabling the NAI is a button we click which adds a code to the line, blocking internet capability from that phone.
is there a reason why sprint wants to block the internet on a phone?
foxnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
HPLouis
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 4
SU$: 7,952
Send a message via AIM to HPLouis Send a message via Yahoo to HPLouis
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
I did that on one of my lines. One of my add a phones just kept on downloading ringtones and other premium services so I had to block the internet completely on his phone.
at&t Premier customer. 2 iPhone 4 32GB's and 1 Novatel MiFi hotspot, 1300 mins at&t family plan with rollover (700 anytime minutes plus 600 free bonus anytime minutes for life), free A-List, unlimited data, texts and anymobile calling on all lines. 25% discount. Around $175/mo bill.
HPLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
deathorglory
Telephone User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
We often do it (although not required to) when a customer does not have the data plan on the phone so the user can't run up data charges. Saves the customer a phone call on the next bill when there's a $75 charge for internet usage, ringers and such.
Yes, I work for Sprint. No, I cannot "hook you up". No, I will not look at your account or provide you with confidential or proprietary information. All my blatantly honest opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.
deathorglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
kupikunskio
Nextel Ninja®

Phone: BB 8330
Trades: 3
SU$: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathorglory View Post
We often do it (although not required to) when a customer does not have the data plan on the phone so the user can't run up data charges. Saves the customer a phone call on the next bill when there's a $75 charge for internet usage, ringers and such.
Don't forget the "Children that like to buy lots of 3rd party without permission" and the "Employees that like to buy lots of ringtones" and so on....
Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Jay02xBlazer
Formerly known as jay98s10

Phone: Iphone 4s
SU$: 800
Send a message via AIM to Jay02xBlazer
I just had this added to my plan what would happen if i tried to get online with my phone??? Just wondering

Jay
Jay02xBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
Obliark
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Unreleased
SU$: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to Obliark
On most phones you'll get an error message saying the account has exceeded the spending limit when NAI is disabled.
Obliark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
nathanwood1
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 6
Ok I have a question about NAI functionality before I call Sprint. The addon for picture messaging and text messaging, does that include the fee for the picture to be uploaded and sent or is that part of the data package?
nathanwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 AM   #10
Jay02xBlazer
Formerly known as jay98s10

Phone: Iphone 4s
SU$: 800
Send a message via AIM to Jay02xBlazer
you should hava data if you have picture mail.. if you dont have data you get charged for internet usage every time you send and receive a picture i believe...

later

Jay
Jay02xBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
chilidogtampa
Ericas daddy

Phone: TouchPRO2!!!
Trades: 4
SU$: 15,271
I have the internet disabled on my elderly stepfathers phone, he hardly even makes calls but managed to sit on it wrong somehow once and used data....
chilidogtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Disable NAI Functionality

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: