Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
wildpig
Telegraph User

Phone: Touch Pro 2
SU$: 348
Sero and corporate employee discount

Hi, i guess this topic might have been discussed before but i missed it.

I have been a loyal sprint customer since 2002. I guess i am a little late in the ball game as i have only myself discovered sero lately (duh). i called retention and they say they would switch me over come my next new minutes which is tomorrow.

I have been having corporate discount on my old plan for the past 2 yr. I have tried to ask the person in retention at that time and the req to have the corp acc was denied. I guess it was just too much to ask to switch to sero and then apply the corp discount all in one phone call.

Anyone have any advice on when i should try again? should i call retention or customer service or should i just go to a store? My sero plan would start tomorrow according to them. Should i try again tonite or should i wait for sero to start tomorrow and try to call them again tomorrow?

I have seen other people got even more discounts. I am not asking for much. I just want to maintain my monthly payment of exactly $30 which is how much i pay for the last bill with 23% corp discount. Much appreciate any advice.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
Trades: 4
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

You can try whenever you want it will never happen if it's not still on there when the next bill posts it cannot be added.

Yes people have it but will probably lose it at some point as several here on SU have...

I say be happy with SERO especially since existing accounts aren't supposed to be put on it to begin with.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
wildpig
Telegraph User

hmm, i guess i will have to make some excuse to retention again (spotty coverage, etc?) to get this back on? I guess i might contact the person that set up the sprint/nextel plans at my workplace that set me up with the corp discount 2 yrs ago.....

Guess when they say YMMV, you will have to work hard at it....
Old 07-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Treo 755p: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

YMMV no longer applies. To apply a corp discount it has to be sent to a department that reviews it and it will NEVER get by them...I don't think the system allows it now...it will error out.

Sprint now has the ability to stop this kind of improper set-up because of the unified bill platform..

Waste as much time as you want trying but AFAIK it can't happen.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
wildpig
Telegraph User

heh, whatever dude. I got my corp discount back on. I just talked real nicely to the retention rep and said my data connection was flacky. on top of that, i got a bonus 300 anytime minutes (total of 800). Everything now for exactly $30 with tax.

Well, ymmv is still true. might not be as true or easy as before, but if you play nice and have your reasons, you just might get it.

I think i will quit asking for more now. I am kinda satisfied for now..
Old 07-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
cliffr39
Cellular Phone User

Phone: various
SU$: 5,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
heh, whatever dude. I got my corp discount back on. I just talked real nicely to the retention rep and said my data connection was flacky. on top of that, i got a bonus 300 anytime minutes (total of 800). Everything now for exactly $30 with tax...

I think i will quit asking for more now. I am kinda satisfied for now..
No wonder Sprint is bleeding money. Stop trying to rip them off. Getting SERO is one thing but then crying to get a discount (when you shouldn't be - you already get a HUGE discount just for having the plan) just to save an extra $4.50 (at 15%) or asking for other freebies (such as MORE minutes when you already get 11% more minutes than the regular plan at $40).
Old 07-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
tomc585
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: LG G2
Trades: 2
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 9,882
If he got it then good for him...lets see how long it stays. Most of us know that SERO plans are not supposed to have discounts and we all know that some do.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
chilidogtampa
Ericas daddy

Phone: TouchPRO2!!!
SU$: 15,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
Stop trying to rip them off
...sorry, but when you walk out of a store with an item and you haven't paid for it you are "ripping them off", but when you pay the agreed upon price it is a legal contract. period. if the price isn't enough to be profitable to the company then their agent is at fault and to blame. no one here is "ripping sprint off" unless they are stealing service and this guy ain't stealing service. (IMHO).
Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
cliffr39
Cellular Phone User

Phone: various
SU$: 5,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogtampa View Post
...sorry, but when you walk out of a store with an item and you haven't paid for it you are "ripping them off", but when you pay the agreed upon price it is a legal contract. period. if the price isn't enough to be profitable to the company then their agent is at fault and to blame. no one here is "ripping sprint off" unless they are stealing service and this guy ain't stealing service. (IMHO).
so you don't think crying for MORE discounts and free features, on a plan that already gives you a lot, is trying to rip them off? They aren't paying for those things, so nothing to do with contract that you brought up. Sorry, then you and I see the world different.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #10
rennyn
Lets get some shoes!

Phone: iPhone, U727
Trades: 3
SU$: 4,285
Send a message via AIM to rennyn
LOL These threads will never ever go away, will they?
But it takes religion to make good people do evil things.

Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > SERO > Sero and corporate employee discount

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: