Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
dmeier1231
Avid Reader

SU$: 259
Message from Dan

I emailed Dan Hesse. Here is the response to the email I sent. I have included the email I sent under the response. What a cop out! They didn't even address my concerns or suggestions. If Dan says he wants to here what we think, then don't give us canned responses.

=====

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. Your loyalty to the company is greatly
appreciated, especially as we continue to grow and expand our products
and services. There are new and exciting things that are set to come as
we go into the future, which do include bringing forth a new and larger
variety of Sprint/Nextel products. Our marketing teams have been
receiving feedback from customers such as you and are working diligently
in making sure that all of our current and prospective customers are
satisfied. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Shawn J.
Sprint

===========

Dan,

You have asked what people think you should do as the new CEO of Sprint. I was thinking about it this last weekend as I was discussing Sprint with some friends and I have some ideas. First, I have been a Sprint PCS customer since 1999, and I have owned almost every top-of-the-line phone Sprint has ever come out with. I have owned Qualcomm, Motorola, LG, Samsung, Sanyo, and HTC. My current phone is the HTC Touch. I usually upgrade my phone at least once a year. As a long-time customer and power user, here are my thoughts and suggestions:

1. Do one thing and do it well. I have used AT&T (Cingular) and Verizon, and I can tell you from personal experience, Sprint by far has the best call quality in the business. My calls with Sprint are always clear and very rarely do they drop unless there is some unforeseen problem with the network. Sprint also has always been the best with plans. I am currently on a SERO plan, and to be honest, if it wasn't for being on this plan, I might have left Sprint. One of the main issues I think Sprint has is with phones. Sprint used to be the best in the business about bringing out some great phones with revolutionary features from some of the best manufacturers in the market. Lately, Sprint has brought out some phones that really haven't been all that great. The biggest phone to come out in the last year that wasn't something that another carrier already had was the Touch, and I bought it. I had a V9M before, which I bought in the first week it was out, and I ended up returning it after two different phones had software issues that caused it to lock up. I liked the phone, but if it isn't going to work, what is the point. I traded it in on an M510, which is a great phone that worked very well. In November, I got the Touch, and I was very disappointed with it. First, it was released without GPS enabled, which makes no sense. Why release a crippled phone with the promise of an upgrade later to fix it. Second, the software is horrible. It locks up, will not wake up to receive calls, so I miss them, and it has a dialing problem. If you dial a number you have never dialed before, at first, as you start dialing, it pops up previous numbers that start with what you are dialing. If you continue and put in the whole number of the new number you are calling, and then press talk, sometimes it will dial the first number in the list that just popped up when you started dialing, so it dials a complete wrong number, which is just embarassing. I absolutely hate this phone, which I spent $500 on, and I can't do anything but spend another $500 to get another one. I have seen some really amazing phones come out for Verizon, like the Samsung SCH-U900 or the LG Voyager. AT&T also has some great phones, particularly from Sony-Ericsson. Sony offers a K850, which is not currently being offered in the US, but if you look at the specs, Sprint has nothing even close to this. Sprint needs to work on developing phones with good features, but also phones that work, and don't have software bugs. If it doesn't work, don't release it. I know that Sprint is not responsible for the development of phones, but I think Sprint could work harder to work more with the developers for CDMA, particularly Samsung, to get some of these great phones for Sprint. I am excited about the Samsung Instinct, but I am also hesitant as I don't know if it is going to do as it says, though Samsung is usually one of the best in terms of phone quality. I am also hesitant as I have heard that you can't activate the Instinct without an Everything plan, which is basically what I am on, only cheaper. If I have to give up my SERO plan for it, it isn't worth it. By the way, I think having a special plan for a phone is garbage. Let people choose what they want and be fair.

2. Finish what you start. Sprint committed to rolling out EV-DO throughout the network, and yet large portions of heavily populated areas are going without anything other than 1xRTT. Sprint is already rolling out EV-DO rev. A and working on WiMAX, but there are still large areas without EV-DO. A good example of this is my area, Lubbock, Texas, which has 200,000 people in the metro area and close to 400,000 within 100 miles. Amarillo, Texas has almost 200,000 people also. Neither of these areas have EV-DO coverage, other than through Alltel roaming. Lubbock is the home of Texas Tech University, and has 28,000 students in the system, most of which come from DFW, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. Why hasn't Sprint gotten EV-DO here in Lubbock, or at least signed an agreement with Alltel to allow Sprint users to use their EV-DO, similar to what Alltel did with Sprint in some parts of the DFW market? I understand that this market used to be Alamosa PCS, but I don't think we should be punished for a bad company Sprint had to buy to fix. I think before Sprint rolls out WiMAX, it needs to finish deploying EV-DO to all parts of its network.

3. Customer Service is #1. I have to complement you on your customer service. The last 20 times that I have called in with a problem or question, I have had excellent customer service. I don't know if it is because I talk to Employee Services, as I have a SERO account, or if all of it is getting better, but it really has been good.

I have had Sprint a long time. My wife is on Sprint because of me. All of our friends (20) are on Sprint because of us. My parents are on Sprint. We have been one of the biggest supporters of Sprint, and will continue to do so, but I feel these problems must be addressed to stop the continual desertion of old customers like myself. If someone would like to contact me regarding this letter, please feel free to call me at XXX-XXX-XXX.

Thanks.
dmeier1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
ddiokno
I Use a Tin Can and String...

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 1,105
Wow Dennis, Very well written and constructive.

It is unfortunate that Dan didn't personally respond, but I'm sure that he (and sprint) gets tons of emails everyday. I do think that they take feedback such as yours and analyze it as a team (just my opinion).

Since they didn't address your concerns and suggestions, I guess only time will tell... know many of us share your sentiments.

Again, great, constructive feedback to sprint.
david
ddiokno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
r0fl
No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages.

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Samsung Hearing
Trades: 24
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 4,215
send it here instead daniel.r.hesse@sprint.com
r0fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
jumonjii
Digital PCS User

Phone: a920
SU$: 8,583
dan@sprint.com is jsut another ecare route.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
pixielee
smile and believe

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: BB Style
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,427
yes the email was well written - - i do have to say though, i am surprised at the number of people who think that email address REALLY goes to Dan personally .... and kinda surprised too, that you expected a detailed response 1. it is sprint customer service you are dealing with and 2. the email is to them just as they said, suggestions, they will pass on to a team who actually works with suggestions -

and as far as another posting perhaps Dans "real" email - - i would bet that his mail is either screened, or he just hits delete - i would doubt the CEO has time ( or would want to ) deal with all the rants and raves that come through his email - thats not his job
pixielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #6
waynefoutz
Telegraph User

Phone: pantech px 500
SU$: 727
Why upgrade the towers from 1xrtt? Seriously. With the new 5 gig cap, what difference does it make? Doing anything other than reading email and viewing static web pages will get you thrown off, over charged, or whatever else, we still have no idea. I mean does your life get any better because your google search results display in one second as opposed to 5? What is the point of high speed broadband when you're not allowed to use it?
waynefoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 AM   #7

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefoutz View Post
Why upgrade the towers from 1xrtt? Seriously. With the new 5 gig cap, what difference does it make? Doing anything other than reading email and viewing static web pages will get you thrown off, over charged, or whatever else, we still have no idea. I mean does your life get any better because your google search results display in one second as opposed to 5? What is the point of high speed broadband when you're not allowed to use it?
that cap only applies to data cards and PAM,

on top of that, there is a thread open for this already please keep discussion about the data caps to it.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
anskY
Hey! What the hell is ansky?!

Mood: Cool
Phone: Evo-licious!
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 8,274
Dan is a tool.
anskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
youngmoore
Telegraph User

Phone: MM-700
SU$: 352
Because the new Q-chat phones only work DC on Rev.A thats why.
ym

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefoutz View Post
youngmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
fishsung
FishTouch

Phone: NFSFAN WM 6.5
SU$: 1,392
Dan not responding personally just proves you can't trust anything you hear in advertising. You just have to try things yourself or do research in great forums like this one. I have never taken anything Sprint says at stock value without checking in here.
fishsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #11
dmeier1231
Avid Reader

SU$: 259
Re: Message from Dan

All,

Thanks for your responses. Just to update and address some issues brought here:

ddiokno - Thank you for your kind words.

r0fl - I sent an email to that address and received no response at all.

alyxx - I really wasn't expecting a response from Dan at that address, as I figured it was probably a marketing ploy anyway, but I was at least expecting a response that might address my concerns, and not just give me the party line response. I think if you are the CEO of a major corporation, and you go on TV and print to say to contact me with concerns, then the reply should be a little better.

waynefoutz - The difference would be the loading times and speed. I frequently travel to DFW and San Antonio, and I lived for four months in Corpus Christi, and I have to admit, I became spoiled by EV-DO. It would also be nice to use features on my phone such as Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, and others. I am just really irritated because Sprint keeps touting their high speed network, and all of these features that work with it, but then they don't have high-speed in most of their network. I am also irritated because they are already talking WiMAX and I am still dealing with 8 year old data technology.

I really don't think Dan is doing a bad job so far, but I do think he has inherited a mess. I also think that Sprint is trying to correct some of the problems so they will be a better candidate for a takeover. Still, I feel that Sprint needs to do a better job. When I first came to Sprint, they were excellent, and I think they can get back there, but they need to focus on the basics.
dmeier1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #12
feo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Galaxy SIII
SU$: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeier1231 View Post
r0fl - I sent an email to that address and received no response at all.
probably on vacation.

I thought it was a good letter... but generally I get better responses when I send feedback using the oldschool hand written snail mail method.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:41 AM   #13
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by feo View Post
probably on vacation.

I thought it was a good letter... but generally I get better responses when I send feedback using the oldschool hand written snail mail method.
you realize this thread is 6 months old, right?

Also, your signature is too big and when I get a chance i'll have to delete it unless you edit it first

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: