Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
melimel
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 24
temporary disconnect

Does anyone know if you switch numbers and keep the same phone, what is the message for the old number because when I call my friend who has a sprint phone, the old number just gives me a busy signal. Does that mean it's temporarily disconnected or is it completely disconnected?!? Because if it was disconnected, wouldn't it say 'please check the number and dial again' or 'the person you are trying to reach is disconnected or is no longer in service'?!?

Or the better question is what message do you get if the phone is temporarily disconnected?

Thank you.
melimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Sprint has 2 typical messages given when you call a number that is not in service.

I believe one is "the party you have called is not accepting calls at this time, please try your call again later" for temp suspensions such as late payments.

The other tells you that the number you have dialed is incorrect or no longer in service. That is the message you would get if they switched numbers or just canceled their line, or were no longer on "suspended disconnect."

If you are just getting a busy signal, I would think perhaps their is a problem with the connection to their phone some how. Perhaps tower issues or something like that, maybe a bad connection between a carrier that is not sprint and sprint, such as calling from a verizon landline and getting an error message that was not a sprint generated message saying the number you dialed is incorrect.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
melimel
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 24
Well, I know the person I am calling has changed their number, but the old number doesn't ring or anything.....it just hangs up, or busy signal using a landline. I figured that if it was disconnected or changed it would give me some sort of message. So I'm just trying to figure out if that is for a temporary change of phone number or something like that?!? (like if someone wanted to keep both numbers but temporarily disconnect the old number). I hope I am making sense. Thanks for the help.
melimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Deval
Resident Phone Expert

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Changes Daily
Trades: 3
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 92,979
Send a message via AIM to Deval Send a message via MSN to Deval Send a message via Yahoo to Deval
I think once you change your phone number, the old one goes into a pool for anyone to grab. I remember once when I worked in retail, a customer complained because she had changed her phone number, and about 2 months later, had wanted her old number back, and that it was Sprint's fault that someone else got it.

Phones
iPhone 5
Blackberry Bold 9930

Deval is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > temporary disconnect

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: