Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
em072205
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 34
Sprint Online order status

I just ordered a Sprint Data plan around 9 p.m. PST and thought if i needed a deposit it would tell me right away. Well, in the middle of the ordering process, I got a message saying this:

"Reviewing your credit score is taking longer than expected. As part of processing your credit application, one of our representatives will contact you for additional information required to complete your order."

The confirmation email I received after ordering said the exact same thing.

When the order was first submitted and I went to check the status online, there was nothing on the status message. A few minutes ago when I went to check the status it's now saying this:

"We are reviewing payment information on your order and will be attempting to contact you. To expedite processing please contact 866-860-6241 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday, and 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays."

Does anyone know what this means?
em072205 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to em072205 For This Useful Post:
domingo nunez (10-13-2009)
Old 05-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #2

SU$: 0
it probably means you will have to pay a deposit.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #3
jedholm
Store Manager

Phone: Tour & ic902
SU$: 488
do you already have a sprint or nextel account or did you used to at one point? In my own experience this message is shown when your social matches another account in the billing system. Your order is then put into a queue for someone to manually process the order. What the order status message is saying is you can "jump the queue" if you call in yourself (instead of waiting for someone to call you) and mention the order number and then it can be processed then. Keep in mind that even if you canceled at one time, the ensemble (original nextel) billing system keeps your account there just in a closed status.

Your best bet would be to contact the number mentioned in your post when they open up in the morning.

Last edited by jedholm; 05-12-2008 at 01:59 AM.
jedholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 AM   #4
em072205
Two Cans & String User

Hmm, I've never had an account with them, but I did have an identity theft issue about two years ago. I've either always been with T-mobile or Verizon wireless, but sprint had one of the best data plans, plus prices on data cards so I went with them. I thought at first maybe something was wrong with my credit card, thus saying payment on the status message but they have already charged my card for the data card.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
jedholm
Store Manager

Phone: Tour & ic902
SU$: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by em072205 View Post
Hmm, I've never had an account with them, but I did have an identity theft issue about two years ago. I've either always been with T-mobile or Verizon wireless, but sprint had one of the best data plans, plus prices on data cards so I went with them. I thought at first maybe something was wrong with my credit card, thus saying payment on the status message but they have already charged my card for the data card.
Well yes that message could be for many things. I'm sure they can give you more detail in the morning. Just figured I would ask because I've seen that to be the reason several times. Since you ordered on the weekend anyway it wouldn't have been fulfilled until Monday anyway. So, hopefully, you can get the issue resolved before the day is over and if its the usual overnight shipping you will have it tuesday.
jedholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
em072205
Two Cans & String User

Yep they wanted a deposit of 160...my credit isn't that bad, I've had good credit for four years, but had a bankruptcy four years ago so I was expecting maybe 100. Oh well, looks like no sprint for me!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Online order status

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: