Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

Phone: Iphone 6s Rose
Trades: 45
SU$: 14,531
Discount in store for no reason / no contract extention?

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this happen. Store giving a discount of a few hundred off (basically matching new customer pricing) for NO contract extension and no other reason? I know it happens w/ retention and for specific situations but in store and for no reason I doubt (Friend is selling her mogul and one of the potential buyers swears up and down a store offered him one for $269 with no contract extention in store and no 'reason' - just walked in and they told him that price)

Wonder if employees sometimes lie just to make the sale and renew the persons contract anyway?
missdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
nctrevor24
Thats what she said

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdiva View Post
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this happen. Store giving a discount of a few hundred off (basically matching new customer pricing) for NO contract extension and no other reason? I know it happens w/ retention and for specific situations but in store and for no reason I doubt (Friend is selling her mogul and one of the potential buyers swears up and down a store offered him one for $269 with no contract extention in store and no 'reason' - just walked in and they told him that price)

Wonder if employees sometimes lie just to make the sale and renew the persons contract anyway?
well i have heard of contracts being renewed over the phone without consent but not the store hmmm interesting hes either lying or confused thats my guess
nctrevor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
maybe one of the workers was selling him one of their own phones?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #4
Dale
Forum Member

Phone: Toshiba 4050
SU$: 10,942
Or they are desperate to close the sale. Sales people are on quota. If they don't sell a certain number of phones per month, they get written up or canned. Basically, the retention principle. You practically give away the service or product in hopes of retaining a customer. It's usually cheaper to give away something for free, lock 'um in for 2+ years on a contract, then run millions of dollars worth of commercials to get new customers.
Line 1 ($15.40/mo): 870 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. Line 2 ($8.23/mo): 320 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. Lines 3-8 ($86.96/mo): 2000 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. U590 Card & BlackBerry 8703e ($0.00/mo): 600 at, unl data & sms. (Roaming Included) Why did Sprint lose over a million customers recently? May 2008 Bill - Over $135 in bogus charges!
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Discount in store for no reason / no contract extention?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: