Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
bikerich69
Fancy Yellow....The Ice Of Choice:)

Phone: KATANA DLX
SU$: 24,030
"A Special Offer For Special Customers" But....

As always, read before you take advantage of a special offer, then make a decision.

I just received a sprint flyer card that said what I wrote in the title. It is a $50 savings reward.

"For a limited time, you can save $50 on your sprint service plan for phone number(s): primary line is listed. I have 3 lines on my account.

Sounds nice but i read the really tiny small print and among the small print is bold print that says: $50 Access Credit/Subscriber Agreement: "....you must sign a new two-year subscriber agreement for each line on your account sharing the minutes of the plan."

There is nothing wrong with this flyer except at first glance, it is easy to assume that the $50 credit is for my primary line and I assumed i would have to renew my contract on my primary line only, but I read the fine print.

I suggest that other customers also read the fine print so that you know what you are agreeing to. Always read to avoid confusion.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
MadGasser
Life Is Good!!

Mood: Lurking
Phone: BlackBerry 9650
Trades: 1
SU$: 3,244
I called in to customer service about a month ago and they offered me the same thing. I said no thanks I will wait for my credit towards a phone.

pin:321EB4D0
MadGasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
bikerich69

Yes, my 22 month $150 upgrade/new customer pricing is available in 2 weeks. i also have approx. $225 in credits towards a new device that sprint put in my notes a few months ago for a bunch of hassles i was going thru.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #4
MadGasser
Life Is Good!!

Mood: Lurking
Phone: BlackBerry 9650
SU$: 3,244
Damn wish I could go thru some hassels. I would like some more credits towards a new device.

pin:321EB4D0
MadGasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #5
Dale
Forum Member

Phone: Toshiba 4050
SU$: 10,942
The only offer that I got recently with my dealings with Sprint was a $800 account credit, plus 3 new free phones and the plans below. That was Sprint's latest offer to renew for another 2-years. I think with the new CEO taking over and readjusting everything, retention offers isn't so good any more. I mean, I wouldn't mind having more BlackBerrys and data cards added on to my account, but they want me to change everything, costing me over 5x as much as I am paying now!!!
Line 1 ($15.40/mo): 870 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. Line 2 ($8.23/mo): 320 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. Lines 3-8 ($86.96/mo): 2000 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. U590 Card & BlackBerry 8703e ($0.00/mo): 600 at, unl data & sms. (Roaming Included) Why did Sprint lose over a million customers recently? May 2008 Bill - Over $135 in bogus charges!
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:26 AM   #6
sjones
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Angelic
Phone: 2 x IP5's ipad3
Trades: 5
SU$: 11,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
The only offer that I got recently with my dealings with Sprint was a $800 account credit, plus 3 new free phones and the plans below. That was Sprint's latest offer to renew for another 2-years. I think with the new CEO taking over and readjusting everything, retention offers isn't so good any more. I mean, I wouldn't mind having more BlackBerrys and data cards added on to my account, but they want me to change everything, costing me over 5x as much as I am paying now!!!

Real simple question, i know you love showing off your plans Dale, but why would Sprint offer you an $800 credit plus 3 free phones with thier value being approx $300-400 and your complaining that "sprint retentions offers isnt so good anymore" HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?

What do you expect them to give you? Your already are somewhat "stealing" (sarcastic) from them already with FREE data cards and the plans you have ?

But you expect MORE by having more Blackberrys and data card added to your account?? i assume free or some crazy discounted price. Again your complaning because they want to charge you for those??

Pls don't use the excuse "sprint owes me" because they made a mistake in billing etc, Sprint might have made mistakes, but to be getting products for life free in return is crazy. Yes a sprint employee added those services, but don't get upset if a sprint employee takes them away, through an audit or through the system changes ?

Enjoy what you have, but please stop complaining about sprint plans and services, as you would have to be one luckier people around here.

Last edited by sjones; 07-17-2008 at 05:37 AM.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:54 AM   #7
JeffDTD
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Samsung EPIC
SU$: 18,855
Send a message via AIM to JeffDTD
I got this letter too.

What DOESN'T MAKE SENSE is that they called me 2 weeks ago to ask me if I would renew for $70 credit. I said "no, i'm going to wait"

So since I said no to $70, they go and print full color letter, envelope... spend the money to mail this to me, offering me $50? Whose memory should be insulted? mine or theirs?

JeffDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #8
hike1751
Thumbs Up for BB Curve

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 141
What irks me is they send me a postcard. I call and get told that I'm not eligible for service credit and contract extension.
hike1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #9
TvTech
Crackberry Addict

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 6,312
I've been contacted by Sprint recently to offer me an upgrade. I know it's too good to be true. First, my dad says he got a voicemail on his phone for me. Now he was on my account up until a few months ago. Then he ported to AT&T. Somehow his number was still in Sprint's system and they left a voicemail on his phone for me! It was a lady from "Sprint Account Management" saying I was eligible to upgrade my phone. She left her direct number. I'm only 12 months into my 2 year contract so I know I can only get $75 off the FULL price of a phone. That's not a deal. I know better to wait till my contract is up to get the best possible price!

Then, a few days after that I got an e-mail directly from someone at Sprint with a Special Offer to get the Instict for $75 via my employer discount that I currently have on my account. It even listed my employer and everything so I know that part was true. I read the fine print at the bottom of the e-mail but still I know that sounded fishy. How could they give me it at that price when I'm only 12 into my 24 months.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #10
AllTeedUp
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 4
SU$: 377
Just another failed ploy by Sprint to retain customers. I renewed in december then got one of those postcards in February and they said I wasn't eligible. Why did I get the postcard then?
AllTeedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #11
kupikunskio
Nextel Ninja®

Phone: BB 8330
Trades: 3
SU$: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones View Post
Real simple question, i know you love showing off your plans Dale, but why would Sprint offer you an $800 credit plus 3 free phones with thier value being approx $300-400 and your complaining that "sprint retentions offers isnt so good anymore" HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?

What do you expect them to give you? Your already are somewhat "stealing" (sarcastic) from them already with FREE data cards and the plans you have ?

But you expect MORE by having more Blackberrys and data card added to your account?? i assume free or some crazy discounted price. Again your complaning because they want to charge you for those??

Pls don't use the excuse "sprint owes me" because they made a mistake in billing etc, Sprint might have made mistakes, but to be getting products for life free in return is crazy. Yes a sprint employee added those services, but don't get upset if a sprint employee takes them away, through an audit or through the system changes ?

Enjoy what you have, but please stop complaining about sprint plans and services, as you would have to be one luckier people around here.
He likes to bash Sprint on one hand, and then say 'Look what I got from such a crappy company' on the other.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #12
SingSongBird
Sprint is my baby daddy

Mood: Ninja
Phone: SGIII
Trades: 3
SU$: 4,009
Ditto, I got one in the mail yesterday too. The sad part is I re-upped already and got all my credits.

Sidebar: They did call hubby on the line on my account and told him they would take 40% off his past due bill if he would reactivate that account.

SingSongBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
Shoshana
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 8,190
I haven't gotten that flyer but did get one for 10% off my bill for the next 2 months if I renew. It annoyed me because Sprint dropped the 15% loyalty I got for resigning in Aug 2006 back in April without any explanation. I have since spoken to them and got 3 answers 1) We already have a 25% NVP and isn't that nice? 2) It expired 3) Can't have 2 discounts. Even tho Ensemble did have them for our first 2 months.

I told them 1) Yes it is but I resigned to get an additional 15% and we had NVP then. 2) No it didn't - it was a 2 year renewal for 2 years of 15% off and 3) It's not my problem that y'all are having software problems.

I got a call from Loyalty that offered a single $70 credit if I renewed our primary line. I didn't take it because I didn't know if by doing so the rest of my lines would renew without any further $70 credits. I'd already been told that if I renew I could get $70/ line.
Shoshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
TheTruckGuy
Wrangler to Off-Road..

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: SonyErics K750i
SU$: 16,602
Send a message via AIM to TheTruckGuy
I just rerewed my plan in May. So I guess they wont send me that offer.. if they do.. I dont mind signing up for 2 more year.. coz anyhow i recently started the contract..

TheTruckGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
bikerich69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshana View Post
I haven't gotten that flyer but did get one for 10% off my bill for the next 2 months if I renew. It annoyed me because Sprint dropped the 15% loyalty I got for resigning in Aug 2006 back in April without any explanation. I have since spoken to them and got 3 answers 1) We already have a 25% NVP and isn't that nice? 2) It expired 3) Can't have 2 discounts. Even tho Ensemble did have them for our first 2 months.

I told them 1) Yes it is but I resigned to get an additional 15% and we had NVP then. 2) No it didn't - it was a 2 year renewal for 2 years of 15% off and 3) It's not my problem that y'all are having software problems.

I got a call from Loyalty that offered a single $70 credit if I renewed our primary line. I didn't take it because I didn't know if by doing so the rest of my lines would renew without any further $70 credits. I'd already been told that if I renew I could get $70/ line.
Sprint gave me the following excuse regarding misappropriating my loyalty discount:

"it is the fault of your company because they went into an agreement with sprint regarding the corporate discount and because of that, you are not able to get a loyalty discount and a corporate discount. it is the fault of your company so you have to contact them."

sprint is becoming a "Just Wing It And Let The Crap Fly" Company. The reps are just making things up as they go along.

If it wasn't costing customers alot of money, this would comedic.

It is good that you are villagent when it comes to sprint sending you or telling you things that you believe may not be what it appears to be. There used to be alot more trust then there is now between the customer and sprint.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: