Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
TallassJonG
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung Moment
Trades: 1
SU$: 206
Sprint Service is DOWN in Detroit!!!

I posted this a minute ago and it fixed itself and now its down again. Sprint is having issues in Detroit. Service keeps going up and down. Makes a beep then goes to a busy signal. Sorry Nino for asking you to remove the other one.

Thanks to Matt for the Premium Membership.
Thanks to Ccalvinn for the avatar.
TallassJonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
NINO63004
Put your Ad Here

Phone: Droid 2
Trades: 18
SU$: 20,000
Next time just let me know that you want the other thread back and I can bring it back for you.

Nino
NINO63004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
TallassJonG
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINO63004 View Post
Next time just let me know that you want the other thread back and I can bring it back for you.

Nino
Will do, sorry I didnt know that could be done.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
NINO63004
Put your Ad Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallassJonG View Post
Will do, sorry I didnt know that could be done.
No worries at all.

So everytime you try making a call you get a busy signal? Strange. My guess is they are doing some towers updates or something to that extend. The worst I had here in East Lansing was when I would lose service completely around 1-2am for no reason. Come to find out they added a few towers and were updating other ones in the area.

Nino
Old 04-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
TallassJonG
Telephone User

Yeah that would make sense around that time but its around noon on a sunday and this would not be the best time to schedule an outage. I just got off the phone will network support and he said that there are a few trouble tickets in the area and they are being worked on and we should expect spot outages for the next 24hrs.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
NINO63004
Put your Ad Here

Quote:
Yeah that would make sense around that time but its around noon on a sunday and this would not be the best time to schedule an outage. I just got off the phone will network support and he said that there are a few trouble tickets in the area and they are being worked on and we should expect spot outages for the next 24hrs.
Well lets hope that it wont take 24 hrs to fix it.

Nino
Old 04-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
SNI.SRD
It's the PCS (Personal Cellular Service!) way.

Phone: Nokia 5190
SU$: 1,742
Quote:
I posted this a minute ago and it fixed itself and now its down again. Sprint is having issues in Detroit. Service keeps going up and down. Makes a beep then goes to a busy signal. Sorry Nino for asking you to remove the other one.
And this is one of the reasons we have In-Network roaming. What you should do, if you have not already, is to go into your phone settings and put your phone into Roam Only/Roaming mode. If your plan includes roaming this will not cost you - most newer plans do include roaming.

So, anyone else affected by this outage, you can resume your services (text/voice, and data [VZW = 1xRTT]) by forcing your phone into Roaming mode. - Detroit roaming provider is VZW I believe.

Let me know how it goes.

PS - Don't foget to set your phone back to Automatic (or Sprint Only) once the network is backup.
T-Mobile: 2500 Nationwide FamilyTalk Plan (2 lines) for $99.99. I also have $9.99 Unlimited Family Messaging US/Canada, $25.00 Unlimited Family Data Pack, three add-a-lines at $9.99 a piece, and a $10 loyalty discount. That comes out to... $165.00 total, or $33.00/line (before taxes & 12% Corp Disc). Plus FamilyAllowances, unlimited MyFaves, unlimited Hotspot@Home calling, unlimited 9PM N/Ws, unlimited M2M, Visual VoiceMail, GPS Navigation, and 500 CF Mins included on all lines at no extra cost.
SNI.SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
TallassJonG
Telephone User

I appreciate the info but I have a Pearl and I am unaware of how to force my phone into roaming.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
SNI.SRD
It's the PCS (Personal Cellular Service!) way.

Phone: Nokia 5190
SU$: 1,742
Unfortunantly with the BB Pearl there is no way to force roam. Sorry.
T-Mobile: 2500 Nationwide FamilyTalk Plan (2 lines) for $99.99. I also have $9.99 Unlimited Family Messaging US/Canada, $25.00 Unlimited Family Data Pack, three add-a-lines at $9.99 a piece, and a $10 loyalty discount. That comes out to... $165.00 total, or $33.00/line (before taxes & 12% Corp Disc). Plus FamilyAllowances, unlimited MyFaves, unlimited Hotspot@Home calling, unlimited 9PM N/Ws, unlimited M2M, Visual VoiceMail, GPS Navigation, and 500 CF Mins included on all lines at no extra cost.
SNI.SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
specialguy
Telephone User

Phone: Sanyo Pro-700
SU$: 1,110
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNI.SRD View Post
And this is one of the reasons we have In-Network roaming. What you should do, if you have not already, is to go into your phone settings and put your phone into Roam Only/Roaming mode. If your plan includes roaming this will not cost you - most newer plans do include roaming.

So, anyone else affected by this outage, you can resume your services (text/voice, and data [VZW = 1xRTT]) by forcing your phone into Roaming mode. - Detroit roaming provider is VZW I believe.

Let me know how it goes.

PS - Don't foget to set your phone back to Automatic (or Sprint Only) once the network is backup.
I had this problem at about 11:30a. When I discovered the problem was with my phone and my wife's phone, I was worried that my account was axed, although I could not figure out why that would happen, I always paid my bills on time.

As far as roaming, my phone indicated it was on Sprint's network, but I could not initiate or recieve calls. When calling, it said my phone was "not registered" ( I can't remember the complete message). When calling, the caller would go directly to voice mail on my wifes phone and got a busy signal when calling my phone. About 10 minutes later, everything was back to normal.

My phone (Nokia 6016i) has a setting for "Sprint Only", "Automatic" or "Analog Roaming". With all of the analog service in the area turned off, I was completely with out service.

Well, thanks to the OP, I at least know that it is not just my account.
specialguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Service is DOWN in Detroit!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: