Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
SweetBearCub
Telegraph User

Phone: Motorola Q9c
SU$: 815
Mogul - TeleNav for free?

Hi. I was wondewring if there is a free version of TeleNav (Or another GPS program) for the Mogul.

Note that I have already tried Google Maps, MS Live Search, & NAV4ALL. NAV4ALL was the closest, but I miss the format of TeleNav.

Some time ago, a user on here sent me a link to download a Java version of TeleNav for my Samsung A900M. It worked quite well with my SERO plan. (Other than taking ages to start up, compared to other apps on the phone.)

Is there a similar solution for the Mogul?

Thanks...
SweetBearCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
dahand
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: Samsung Epic
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 1,908
Send a message via Yahoo to dahand
There is a product called google Navigator. I hear there are some gllitches with it though. You can use telenav with sprint for 5 buck a month more than your basic powervision pack.
Sprint and/or Nextel phones: Qualcomm 2700 >> Qualcomm 2760 >> Neopoint 1000 ++ Motorola i500 ++ Motorola i700 >> Samsung a400 >> Samsung a620 >> PPC6600 ++ Motorola i55 ++ Motorola i730 >> MOGUL>>Touch Pro2>>Samsung Epic Everything Data Pack, unlimited N&W
dahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
klmsu19
Account Inactive

Phone: Touch
Trades: 4
SU$: 180
only way to get telenav is pay monthly for it (its also the same thing as sprint navigation). If someone sent anything to you and it was free, it was obviously hacked versions not able to be discussed in these forums.
klmsu19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
dmaul3300
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 4g LTE
SU$: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
only way to get telenav is pay monthly for it (its also the same thing as sprint navigation). If someone sent anything to you and it was free, it was obviously hacked versions not able to be discussed in these forums.
I'm still confused myself after reading many different posts. The first time I loaded it, it said that it was $2.99 a day or $9.99 a month - i closed the application and then a few days later loaded it up and i havent seen the message since. With the NEW rom update including GPS - you would think they would include the gps program that people with vision plans that have GPS are supposed to use.

I emailed sprint customer service to try to get some clarification and here is the email.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sprint Customer Solutions - eCare3" <ecare3@cc.sprintpcs.com>
To: "dmaul3300"
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: ID# 20080315011320 USC (KMM48287334I124L0KM)
Question: I just upgraded to the NEW rom 3.35 with the GPS update.
>
> I notice there is a Telenav icon in my program files. When I went to try
> it out it mentioned it was $2.99 a day or $9.99 a month. I closed the
> application and tried to open it one more time (I have NOT used it) to
> see if I get the same message and the message disappeared. I have a
> couple of questions. I have the ultimate vision pack for $30 which includes
> UNLIMITED GPS.
> 1. is Telenav FREE for me since I have the ultimate vision package which includes unlimited GPS.
> 2. Do I need to use Sprint Navigation for GPS instead of Telenav?
> 3. What is the difference between Sprint Navigation and Telenav?
> 4. Will I be charged for opening Telenav (the first time I opened it, it
> did mention I would be charged. If so, how do I cancel it. I will use the > Sprint Navigation or google maps
> 5. Do I need an EXTERNAL bluetooth GPS reciever to get GPS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sprints response to me
> Dear dmaul3300,
> Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be happy to assist you about the
> the Telenav and Sprint Navigation.
>
> Sprint Navigation and Sprint TeleNav are two separate services.
>
> TeleNav provides real time visual and audio GPS driving directions to
> guide a subscriber to their destination using their phone. It provides:
> Visual and audible turn by turn directions.
> Auto re-routing if you missed a turn.
> Points of interest ? Business finder.
> Full set of maps ? pan and zoom.
>
> Sprint Navigation is an application that provides GPS Location Based
> Service:
> Assisted turn-by-turn directions
> Trip information
> Categories of points of interest
>
> The Sprint Power Vision PRO Pack for $30.00 is added on the account.
> This includes unlimited Sprint Navigation. Since both the services are
> different, you cannot use Telenav on the pack.
>
> All TeleNav Track options require a one-time set-up fee similar to an
> activation fee.
>
> If you purchase more than one product from a Partner on one device, the
> set up fee is applied only once. TeleNav Track set-up fee is $19.99. The
> account will be charged $9.99 per month for Telenav Basic.
>
> For GPS, you can use Sprint Navigation.
>
> No, you will not be charged for opening the TeleNav for the first time.
> In case, you are still charged for TeleNav, you can write back to me. I
> will apply the credit.
>
> In order for a device to use the TeleNav GPS Navigator application, you
> must purchase a TeleNav Bluetooth GPS receiver. TeleNav Bluetooth GPS
> Navigator Receiver is TeleNav billed at $99.99 each, plus shipping and
> tax.
>
> If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know.
> Have a great day!
> Sincerely,
> Danny G.
> Sprint
dmaul3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
dahand
Walkie Talkie User

Danny G is flat wrong. Telenav IS sprint navigation. It even says so when you launch it. Never believe a sprint rep. They have never been right in anything they have told me.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
dahand
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahand View Post
Danny G is flat wrong. Telenav IS sprint navigation. It even says so when you launch it. Never believe a sprint rep. They have never been right in anything they have told me.
Let me clarify. There is a standalone product made by telenav. You have to buy it and it comes with maps etc. Sprint Navigation is "Powered by Telenav" which uses the network connection to download maps on the fly. The Telenav icon that appears when you update the ROM launches sprint navigation, which if you pay attention to the splash screen, says powered by Telenav. You will get the 2.99/9.99 option if your account is not coded for sprint navigation. You have to have the nav powervision pack or higher to get navigation included. If you only have the basic powervision pack, you can select the 9.99 option (why on earth would you?) or you can do the daily rate of 2.99 for limited use. The Nav pack is only 5 dollars per month more than the basic power vision pack.
Sprint and/or Nextel phones: Qualcomm 2700 >> Qualcomm 2760 >> Neopoint 1000 ++ Motorola i500 ++ Motorola i700 >> Samsung a400 >> Samsung a620 >> PPC6600 ++ Motorola i55 ++ Motorola i730 >> MOGUL>>Touch Pro2>>Samsung Epic Everything Data Pack, unlimited N&W
Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
dmaul3300
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 4g LTE
SU$: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahand View Post
Let me clarify. There is a standalone product made by telenav. You have to buy it and it comes with maps etc. Sprint Navigation is "Powered by Telenav" which uses the network connection to download maps on the fly. The Telenav icon that appears when you update the ROM launches sprint navigation, which if you pay attention to the splash screen, says powered by Telenav. You will get the 2.99/9.99 option if your account is not coded for sprint navigation. You have to have the nav powervision pack or higher to get navigation included. If you only have the basic powervision pack, you can select the 9.99 option (why on earth would you?) or you can do the daily rate of 2.99 for limited use. The Nav pack is only 5 dollars per month more than the basic power vision pack.
i didnt think Danny G was right.. With the lauch of the latest rom with GPS for the mogul, why would they NOT put the correct GPS software on the rom. Maybe I didnt make myself clear enough when I emailed them BUT i did want to TRY to get something in writing. One reason I bought the vision ultimate power pack was becuase it had unlimited GPS. I have read many posts on this site,ppc geeks etc. and there seems to be some confusion between the Telenav and Sprint Nav as well as the price (is it FREE etc).

I myself didnt care for Sprint Nav. I like Telenav BUT to me its NOT worth the $9.99 a month for it. i used Telenav with my sanyo 5600 before I upgraded to the mogul. Google Maps is also nice.
dmaul3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
novastar
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Mogul
SU$: 3,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Hi. I was wondewring if there is a free version of TeleNav (Or another GPS program) for the Mogul.

Note that I have already tried Google Maps, MS Live Search, & NAV4ALL. NAV4ALL was the closest, but I miss the format of TeleNav.

Some time ago, a user on here sent me a link to download a Java version of TeleNav for my Samsung A900M. It worked quite well with my SERO plan. (Other than taking ages to start up, compared to other apps on the phone.)

Is there a similar solution for the Mogul?

Thanks...

Why pay for real-time GPS navigation when you can get it for 100% free via your Mogul with the SERO service plan which has unlimited data?

Your Mogul has internal GPS capabilities and all you need is to configure it properly in order to use Google Maps w/ GPS (real-time) and a couple of other free real-time GPS navigation softwares out there.

Check out amAze GPS navigation software which is totally FREE! URL below.

http://www.amazegps.com

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
jmc67
Telegraph User

Phone: PPC6800
SU$: 132
Do you get charged only if you use the routing capabilities or do you get charged just for using sprint navigation (loading the program and seeing the map move)?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #10
dahand
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc67 View Post
Do you get charged only if you use the routing capabilities or do you get charged just for using sprint navigation (loading the program and seeing the map move)?
It does not charge on a per use basis. You can use it as many times as you need to, based on your plan. If you opt to have the unlimited nav power vision plan, you can use it as many times as you like. If you subscribe to the month to month plan, the same thing. If you opt for the 2.99 daily plan, you can use it as many times as you can in 24 hours.

If you do not have a data plan, or if you haven't selected a daily or monthly plan, you cannot use Sprint Navigation beyond the free two-day trial period. If you launch the application, it will check your account status, and then offer you a payment option. If you do not accept the payment choice, the application quits.

You will be unable to view the moving map without paying for the service in some way.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #11
m4f1050
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTC Touch
SU$: 34
Another great one is Microsoft's LIVE Search, it has GPS and aerial view using GPS at the same time. Both Mogul and Touch has the capability of using the aGPS with LIVE Search or Google Maps. -1 for Sprint trying to charge for something is free out there.
m4f1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
jryanbrown
Telegraph User

Phone: Motorola Renega
SU$: 361
i had some weird stuff happen with my sprint navigation lately. i've been using it regularly for the last few months, then the other day i got on there to use it and it asked which plan i wanted to purchase monthly or daily? this screen has never popped up on me before and now its asking me for money!!! i have a sero plan so maybe i was just lucky the last few months?
jryanbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Mogul - TeleNav for free?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: