Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Juan
Administrator

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: SG 4
Thanked 5,210 Times in 122 Posts
SU$: 26,714
Sprint Reverse Cell Phone Directory

By Evangeline Bruce
January 17, 2008

Sprint officially known as the Sprint Nextel Corporation is considered to be one of the largest American telecommunications companies. It currently boasts approximately 54 million subscribers, with its wireless telecommunications network ranking at the number three spot within the United States.

Sprint truly delved into wireless communications when it purchased NEXTEL communications in 2005 for $35 million. Executive headquartered in Reston, Virginia, it also holds an operational and engineering headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas.

Sprint Nextel is now offering cell phone services through both Nextel and Sprint PCS brands as well as its traditional landline, business communication, and long distance services and its Tier 1 PrintLink Internet Service Provider. Sprint Nextel also has pre-paid services available through its Boost Mobile brand, and has its Next Mobile brand within the Philippines.

With such a large number of users, its no wonder that so many people are asking themselves whether Sprint provides white pages for the cellular phone numbers that it issues. Is there any kind of database that includes all Sprint numbers. Unfortunately, as of yet, the answer is no.

Read the article here.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Juan For This Useful Post:
apey1212 (11-28-2011), Bigdummy (03-30-2011), dlsmith678 (11-27-2010), g2mach (01-16-2013), kriegernight (12-15-2011), mbaliff (04-24-2012), mysticalrain (10-30-2011), tjohnson36 (09-14-2009), toniav1299 (11-03-2010), WomanRising (04-21-2012), x1 AM THE K1NGx (09-17-2012)
Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
MsMasterOLove
I fall in love with phones

Mood: Angelic
Phone: EPIC
SU$: 14,679
Don't know if I would want my cell phone number in a directory that anyone can look me up. A lot of people got a cell phone so that they would have it for privacy of phone number and also for safety issues. If it is anything like my local directory you can get people's address or those of the account holder. Information is going a little too far here. I can only hope for those who opt not to be in the directory will not be able to have that information given out. I'm with Verizon on this one.

MsMasterOLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
LJA
Grumpy old Dog

Phone: Appl iPhone 3gs
SU$: 341
They publish or 411 numbers and I'm gone.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
SU$: 38,724
Doesn't matter to Me, I've got My phone in his name.
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
MOsprintGUY
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 290
Sprint does not and has no plans to give out customer numbers in any form.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
jello22
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 5
That reverse phone detective thing works pretty well. I gave it a shot when I got tired of someone calling me at wierd hours and hanging up. Once I got their info back I told them I knew who they were as I answered the phone with Hello John...hehe...dude's name was John...never called again.
jello22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
ebynum

SU$: 0
How do you use it? I am having a simulare problem.
ebynum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
xevious
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 7,313
Intelius is the "phone directory" magnate. They pay all of the leading carriers for access to their regional cellphone listings. For land lines, the information is basically free for them--the "white pages" is public data. But for anyone with a land line not wishing to be listed, they pay an extra fee to their provider to keep their information confidential. With cellular providers, it is a different situation. Incoming calls cost the receiver (unlike land lines, where incoming calls are free), so there is a cost danger with having phone numbers public. As such, cellular numbers are not listed by default, unless the customer allows it.

But Intelius is essentially breaking the rules. They have paid for those numbers and will give them out if paid. And that's how those "reports" work. You pay some fee (based on either single use or time period) and you get the information on that number selected. There should be a means for customers to have that information blocked, as with land lines... but the FCC is not doing anything about it. A majority of Intelius' revenue comes from selling background reports.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
In early 2008, Intelius came under scrutiny for providing access to private cellular phone numbers culled from a variety of sources. In response, Verizon threatened a lawsuit over posting consumer phone numbers without consent. A few days later, on February 1, 2008, the cellular phone directory was taken down.

Washington State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau received over 900 complaints about Intelius as of March 2009 according to the Seattle Weekly website. Most involved the practice of "Post-Transaction Marketing." Partly because of concerns about Intelius, Washington Attorney General Rob McKenna requested legislation this session aimed at stopping what he calls "deceptive" Internet marketing.

There has been criticisms for the difficult nature of "opting out" of being listed on Intelius. The firm's Web site states, "Intelius does not usually offer individuals the opportunity to permanently remove their publicly available information from our public records databases." The site states, "as a courtesy," that personal information may be suppressed by a user's request, provided they mail or fax a notarized letter and a copy of their driver's license, in order to confirm the person's identity.

Last edited by xevious; 01-29-2010 at 10:42 AM.
xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #9
marlena21
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello22 View Post
That reverse phone detective thing works pretty well. I gave it a shot when I got tired of someone calling me at wierd hours and hanging up. Once I got their info back I told them I knew who they were as I answered the phone with Hello John...hehe...dude's name was John...never called again.
I agree with you! It is really very useful thing
marlena21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
patfwalsh

I personally use USA Phone Data for my reverse phone lookups. It has always helped me figure out who is calling me.
patfwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #11
shellyagal

Its always better to use a website that provides paid reverse cell phone lookup services; since it needs a lot of money to maintain a proper cell phone number database. And, so those who claim to conduct cell phone lookup at free of cost are all bogus; they charges money afterward. There are several sites that provide the most reliable fast and accurate result for minimum charges. You may use AAfter to get a comprehensive list of such sites. Just put the number in the search box and get it done.
shellyagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyagal View Post
Its always better to use a website that provides paid reverse cell phone lookup services; since it needs a lot of money to maintain a proper cell phone number database. And, so those who claim to conduct cell phone lookup at free of cost are all bogus; they charges money afterward. There are several sites that provide the most reliable fast and accurate result for minimum charges. You may use AAfter to get a comprehensive list of such sites. Just put the number in the search box and get it done.
what website do you use
AL_CAPONE_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,316
so whats the best website to use at a good price?
AL_CAPONE_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #14
pinbot61
Telegraph User

Phone: Katana DLX
SU$: 620
I am glad they dont give out cell numbers unless you want them to!