Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
laj0131
Telephone User

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 982
Send a message via Yahoo to laj0131
how to return phone?

so ive had my new phone for about 2 weeks and i dont want it i know i have 30 days my question is can i go to the store and do a swap or do i have to deal with telesales. I originally got the phone from telesales.
laj0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
PintaC
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Treo 700wx
SU$: 466
Because you got the phone from telesales you will probably have to do the swap through telesales. If you look on the store locator on sprint's website, there are some stores that will do web/telesales returns. It is always worth trying to exchange it in the store. But if they don't let you, then you will have to call customer service and tell them the phone that you want and they will send you a return kit for your current phone and they will also send you the new phone. Hope this helps.
PintaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
laj0131
Telephone User

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 982
Send a message via Yahoo to laj0131
ooh that would be great i rather do it at the store i will check it out thanks a lot!
laj0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
Romeo8Juliet
Live. Laugh. Love.

Trades: 1
SU$: 6,238
If you are going to take it into the store, they will most likely refer you back to CS unless you get CS to send you the form to allow you to return it in store. No idea what it is called, but I think I've seen it referred to as an "In Store Return Authorization" or something..

But, I'd get CS to send you something, even if it's via e-mail.. prior to going into the store. Just in case.

Or just call and have them send you a return kit, wait a few days.. then send it back once it arrives.
Romeo8Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
Fubar101
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 11,375
Go to www.sprint.com/returns and it will give you all the info that you need. Most returns can be processed at the store once you get the form, but some have to go back through telesales. They will tell you what you need to do once you call: Call 866-789-8292 Monday through Friday to verify eligibility and receive return instructions.
Fubar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
TonyC
Telephone User

Phone: 700wx Q centro
SU$: 740
returning thru telesales is quite a PITA. you gotta wait for 'em to send you a return label. then you gotta drop the pkg off at FedEx/DHL or whatever it is (can't quite remember). you better xerox a copy of the detached label (and keep it secure) because they WILL lose your phone return.

be sure to call and confirm the return label's returned because the system WILL forget to send the return label to you. g'luck sir.
TonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
ar15kaizoku
Account Locked

Phone: Curve
Trades: 6
SU$: 0
I just had to go through this.

I called the number that was listed above and they sent me an in-store return authorization form. I took the form and the phone down to the local corporate store and they said they wouldn't do the exchange.

So, I went back home and called a few numbers until I got someone who could process my exchange over the phone.
ar15kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #8
indyfsufan
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 607
My centro got damaged by a sprint case (started to turn the keys brown) I tried to go thru tele-sales of course no help. So i'm going to exchange thru store, my only question is when I bought my phone i recieved the $75 discount for one year discount. Will I get an even exchange or will I be forced to to pay that $75 now? I am within my 30 days.
indyfsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > how to return phone?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: