Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
dabug911
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung M500
SU$: 53
Keep getting the same text message, over and over

Any suggestions? I called sprint and spent an hour on the phone with them and they were zero help and told me to take it to the store, I went to the store and they told me I had to go to another store.

Not sure what to do, but its ridiculous.

Its not spam either its a message a friend sent me this morning, however I keep getting it any time someone else tries to message me, I even tried sending myself a message from the sprint site and i get that message from earlier again, with the same timestamp as this morning.
dabug911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
otacon
Telephone User

Phone: Curve
SU$: 640
Too funny....this started happening to me around 11:30am this morning... call Sprint and ask to speak to Tech Support... don't bother explaining anything to the front line agents. Soft reset your handset first though just to make sure and to cut them off when they ask you to do it. If they don't, insist they open a ticket. Two hours later my text messages were working fine again. I actually have a Moto Q (Mogul gets here on Friday) but what you described was exactly what was happening to me earlier today. Even their tech support people are pretty clueless, she told me to do a hard reset....I asked if I would lose my contacts and she said no at first.... then put me on hold....came back and said don't do that...just do a soft reset. No way I was doing a hard reset anyway.... Just make sure they open a ticket....
Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
Exit24
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 6,648
I was actually just coming here to post a topic on the exact same thing. The only thing is that I can send out texts perfectly fine and people get them instantly, I just can't receive them. It started happening yesterday morning for me where anytime someone would send me a text message it would resend me one that my brother had sent me earlier that morning (with the same time stamp).

I did a soft/hard reset, both to no avail and then contacted Sprint. Tier 1 knew nothing and Tier 2 opened a ticket for me. After a callback from Tier 2, they tried reprovisioning my Mogul and rechecking the MSID. After another callback later in the day they said that they were going to check their routing system and see why even they can't successfully send me/ reply to a text message I send them.

If anyone gets this fixed through Sprint or just waiting please post your results.
Exit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
dabug911
Two Cans & String User

So mine started to work yesterday afternoon, then all the sudden late last night and now again this morning, right back to the same text message again, and its the one from yesterday morning I kept getting!

I love sprint but between my mogul issues and this kinda stuff I'm so close to droppin them, especially if they try to make me go out of my way to fix something that is clearly there problem.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
Exit24
Cordless Phone User

For the people that are having this problem (myself included) Do you guys know if you are still on the premier system or ensamble? I'm on ensamble and my brother is on premier and he isnt having any problems with texting.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
dabug911
Two Cans & String User

Update -

Spoke with Sprint, they said there is a problem with some of the towers that is causing this and they are looking into it. So eh...
Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
Exit24
Cordless Phone User

Just wanted to let everyone know, Sprint is calling be back tonight and they assure me, as always, that they will get the problem fixed for me tonight and it is most certainly not a phone issue. I'll be sure to update everyone once I get the call.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #8
Bam
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,813
Had the exact same problem around 11:30am yesterday.

Kept getting the same Text Message about a grandcentral voicemail over and over again, seemed liked every 1-2 hours.

Got woke up around 3am this morning with the same text message and got pissed enough I just turned off the phone. Seems like the problem is finally fixed this morning.
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
Exit24
Cordless Phone User

Just got off the phone with Sprint. They sent me messages from two different network systems... One went through and the other was lost somewhere. The tech is escalating the issue to an engineer since they claimed that the problem was fixed this morning although massive amounts of people are calling saying they are having the same problem.

She instructed me to turn off the phone and take the battery out and as of right now it seems to be working fine, she sent a test that worked fine (not sure which system it was from) and I received text messages from my AIM account and also a test to myself. Hopefully it gets fixed fully for everyone soon.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #10
OGGrey
Telephone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: Mogul
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 1,864
I would definitely say that this is an issue with Sprint. I just got my Mogul on the 12th and haven't had any problems with text messaging.
OGGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:07 PM   #11
otacon
Telephone User

Phone: Curve
SU$: 640
I got 2 of the texts that I was getting when this all started today but as of this afternoon things seem to be back to normal. They ALWAYS try to blame it on the customer or the phone...no possible way it could an issue with Sprint
Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
PowerJunkie
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Treo 700wx
SU$: 5
sprint tech support is about worthless. On the phone with them right now for an hour they act as if they've never heard of such a problem.
PowerJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Keep getting the same text message, over and over

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: