Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
ajblbv
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: 800w
Trades: 1
SU$: 1,156
Account Migration and Merge ?

Hey guys,

I have read the threads about migrating to ensemble and see a few references to it merging accounts too. I have two accounts, both under my SSN. Two different numbers, two separate lines. Will they be merged to same account number? I got notification and one has been migrated to ensemble and one has not, and also I do not want to start a migration because of the headaches it has caused for some people, but when the other migrates, will they automatically merge? The billing addresses are different. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #2
sshorkey
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 1,768
No. they will be independent as they are now.

The only way to bring them to one acct is if a "transfer of liability" were done in P2k terms or a "change of ownership" in Ensemble terms.
But you would have to request this even though you are the only owner.
2 different accounts should have never been allowed to be opened under the same ssn in the 1st place but they wont automatically merge.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
Sprintina
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 4S/S4
SU$: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshorkey View Post
2 different accounts should have never been allowed to be opened under the same ssn in the 1st place but they wont automatically merge.
Unfortunately due to the whole business of the Nextel-Sprint merger, many of us were forced to have 2. I.e., I have been a Sprint PCS customer since 2001 with 2 lines on a family plan. This past summer, I wanted to upgrade one of my phones to a hybrid ic902. However I was told because the hybrids were under the purview of Nextel rather than Sprint, that a new "Nextel account" had to be applied for and setup on the Nextel side (which is ensemble). So now I have 2 accounts and 3 lines under 2 different billing systems and under the same SS # and billing address. I expect that they may eventually merge them into one but I don't think it can be said that "2 different accounts should have never been allowed..." without offering possible exceptions. In reality, those of us originally on Sprint are being migrated over to the Nextel billing system and there may be cases like mine where people are customers of both formerly separate entities - post-corporate merger but pre-billing system merger. If anything, my having an ensemble account with a hybrid should provide the account that Sprint could move my PCS account into if they do their homework properly. As it is, I was due to be migrated this past week but that has apparently not occurred yet - maybe because of this issue.
Sprintina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
sshorkey
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 1,768
When I say 2 accounts under the same ssn should not have been opened it is assuming one system.. Sprint.

I understand the diff when it came to Nextel/Sprint.

The original poster said one had migrated and one hadn't which to me means both were Sprint as Nextel was already in Ensemble.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
PrincessPixie
It's still PixieDrea. I'm still a dork.

Phone: Palm Pre
Trades: 7
SU$: 8,038
No matter, it does happen. I had a SERO account on it's own, and I had my family share plan on another. Both had seperate account numbers, etc, but both were solely mine with my SSN. One was migrated, then the other was "merged" (transfer of liability) with the already migrated one. If you can possibly wait for them to both be migrated on their own, please do so for your own mental health.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #6
ragincajuns
Telegraph User

Phone: Blackberry 8130
SU$: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintina View Post
Unfortunately due to the whole business of the Nextel-Sprint merger, many of us were forced to have 2. I.e., I have been a Sprint PCS customer since 2001 with 2 lines on a family plan. This past summer, I wanted to upgrade one of my phones to a hybrid ic902. However I was told because the hybrids were under the purview of Nextel rather than Sprint, that a new "Nextel account" had to be applied for and setup on the Nextel side (which is ensemble). So now I have 2 accounts and 3 lines under 2 different billing systems and under the same SS # and billing address. I expect that they may eventually merge them into one but I don't think it can be said that "2 different accounts should have never been allowed..." without offering possible exceptions. In reality, those of us originally on Sprint are being migrated over to the Nextel billing system and there may be cases like mine where people are customers of both formerly separate entities - post-corporate merger but pre-billing system merger. If anything, my having an ensemble account with a hybrid should provide the account that Sprint could move my PCS account into if they do their homework properly. As it is, I was due to be migrated this past week but that has apparently not occurred yet - maybe because of this issue.

With the migration, does that mean I could have a family plan with 2 CDMA only phones and 2 hybrid phones?
ragincajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:02 AM   #7
gooberpyle
Telegraph User

SU$: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedrea View Post
No matter, it does happen. I had a SERO account on it's own, and I had my family share plan on another. Both had seperate account numbers, etc, but both were solely mine with my SSN. One was migrated, then the other was "merged" (transfer of liability) with the already migrated one. If you can possibly wait for them to both be migrated on their own, please do so for your own mental health.
I have a similar situation. I have a 10 year old P2k account and a new Ensemble account with SERO. The thing is, I just cancelled my OOC line in the P2k account and there are no active lines in it anymore. Will that history eventually be merged with my new Ensemble account?
gooberpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
rdaex
Telegraph User

Phone: Samsung A920
SU$: 464
PLENTY of ppl have 2 account with one SSN.
One in Ensemble (For iDEN phones)
One in P2K (for CDMA phones)
Or, if they were at their credit class limit and we needed to sell them new lines..

There are specific credit class descriptions for these customers.
rdaex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Account Migration and Merge ?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: