Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
rpina1
Telegraph User

Phone: samsung m610
SU$: 565
My TEP experience

I have had TEP since Jan. I have never used it because every time I broke my phone I just got another one for cheap used on craigs.

However, I got a new M610 in april which actually cost money, so I was glad I started TEP. I had been very careful with the phone, not even dropping it. In Oct, just before a business trip, I put my phone in its usual resting place in a drawer. That drawer just happened to have a cup of water in it. So I'm working along and go to check my phone for messages. It is in the cup of water! Oops.

It basically died for a few hours, then as it dried started to come back to life. It finally started working in the evening, but the speaker no longer worked and the battery would only last for about 30 minutes.

Anyway, first time calling in to TEP. They wanted CC information and at least 4 days to get a new phone. I ended up saying nevermind and bought a phone that night so that I could make my business trip.

I used the new phone for about a month before I was tired of it. I kept seeing my old m610 just sitting there so I called TEP again. I figured since I had activated a new phone I was SOL on the m610. However, as soon as I called in they said I had a claim pending for the m610. I asked if I could still replace it even though it is no longer on my account. They said yes and got it done. They billed the $50 to my account and said 4 days. The phone was sent 2 day air and it came in.

I sold the m610 for $160, about what I paid for the original new one. So, I lost the $50, but overall I am happy with the experience. They were friendly, helpful, and everything was done very quickly.

I always thought TEP was stupid before, but I see that it does actually work well.

Retention deals:

500 free text per month for life
$150 upgrade while not eligible
Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
sde780
Digital PCS User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
Trades: 18
SU$: 8,567
Send a message via AIM to sde780
Glad to hear you had a good experience with sprint
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Total Equipment Protection > My TEP experience

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: