Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
om4eccv
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 47
Additional Line, No Contract - Help?

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this. If not, let me know and/or move it?

I've been a Sprint customer for about 6 years. For more than half of that, I've had 3 phones on my account. 2500 Anytime Minutes, free n/w, free pcs2pcs, 7pm N/W, Unlimited Power Vision on line 1, unlimited vision on lines 2 & 3, Unlimited SMS on all 3 lnes.

I need a 4th phone for a few months. I'd like to add it as another line on my account. $20 Add-a-line, + $8 unlimited SMS. I already have a phone that I can activate.

What's the best way to go about doing this? It's only a temporary thing. I don't want to sign up for a year (or 2) of service, nor do I want to get an ETF later on when I disconnect this 4th phone.
om4eccv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by om4eccv View Post
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this. If not, let me know and/or move it?

I've been a Sprint customer for about 6 years. For more than half of that, I've had 3 phones on my account. 2500 Anytime Minutes, free n/w, free pcs2pcs, 7pm N/W, Unlimited Power Vision on line 1, unlimited vision on lines 2 & 3, Unlimited SMS on all 3 lnes.

I need a 4th phone for a few months. I'd like to add it as another line on my account. $20 Add-a-line, + $8 unlimited SMS. I already have a phone that I can activate.

What's the best way to go about doing this? It's only a temporary thing. I don't want to sign up for a year (or 2) of service, nor do I want to get an ETF later on when I disconnect this 4th phone.
Sadly, sprint does not have an option for adding a line to a shared plan for a few months. Sprint has one plan available that doesnt include a contract, but it only has 200 minutes I believe and may include 7pm nights and mobile to mobile.

Alternatively, if you select a desirable phone, you can probably sell it to recover the associated ETF that the line would be charged. Some people do that with the belief that they will recover the $200 ETF with the sale and be able to share the minutes for that timeframe. Onbiously the phone would have to be in great shape to recover the ETF with the sale!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
Obliark
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Unreleased
SU$: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to Obliark
if you already had the phone, you wouldnt even have to open the box when it comes. Add line, do esn swap to your phone, sell new phone. (if you sell it now, it will be newer model, you'll get more.)
Obliark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 14,804
or put the old phone you have on the 200 minute $40 a month month to month plan. sure it's a little more, but you dont have to worry about the etf.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: