Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
gwyneth
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 742
Send a message via Yahoo to gwyneth
Question Sprint Mobile Email and IMAP and Q.COM

Hi, I am a newbie to this site and have just upgraded to a premium membership. In the past I tried posting/ answering to some posts and all I would get is that it would be reviewed by the Administrator (maybe because I tried posting a reply to a post where premium members have posted already?), so hopefully by becoming a premium member this annoying feature will be gone for me. I really need help with the matters below...

Anyways... please help, 2 questions... Thank you so much beforehands!
1>>> I use Sprint Mobile Email with 3 of my emails: Bluebottle, Yahoo and MSN. (Gmail takes way too long and sometimes freezes up the whole application on me. The Gmail application is a lot better for that.) Everything works just fine for the Yahoo and MSN.
Now Bluebottle can be accessed through POP3 or IMAP. Difference in the two should be that I would be able to access all my folders I created on Bluebottle through IMAP (including the Pending folder). While POP3 of course would basically get me into the Inbox only. I also am a Premium Bluebottle member and never had any problems with it, I love the safety procedure for spam emails. IMAP is easily accessible on my Cingular prepaid account.
IMAP server settings:
GENERAL MAIL SETTINGS

* POP/IMAP Server (Incoming): mail.bluebottle.com
* SMTP Server (Outgoing): mail.bluebottle.com
* SMTP should be port 25, 26 or 587
* POP3 should be port 110, using SSL 995
* IMAP should be port 143, using SSL 993

Outgoing server requires username/password authentication. Also make sure your username is 'username@bluebottle.com' not just 'username'. We suggest using SMTP port 587 or 26, as many ISP's will block the use of port 25.
Important - Bluebottle servers must be used for both your inbound and outbound email. Outbound email also requires that you have SMTP authentication enabled within your email client. If Bluebottle is checking your external mail, you must remove direct checking of the original account from your email client.
Now what I do not know is the "ROOT" folder that Sprint Mobile Email asks for.
I tried 'blank', by not filling in anything and it did not work. When I put "Inbox" as the root it would get me into my inbox but not into my other folders.

2>>> What are the POP3 settings for q.com email (the newest qwest email)? It does not work through the MSN settings but it would work through on the Windows Live site in the web browser.

Thank you so much!
Sincerely, Gwyneth
gwyneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
gwyneth
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 742
Send a message via Yahoo to gwyneth
Palm hmmm no reply?

I thought I would just post what I found out as a partial answer to myself, hopefully it can help other people facing the same problems...

POP3/SMTP issue for QWEST q.com:
The basic settings for it:
1. Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
2. Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
3. Your complete e-mail address as the user name (username@q.com).
5. Incoming mail port is set to 995 (The SSL box should be checked.)
6. Outgoing mail port is set to 25. 4. (The "my server requires authentication" check box should be checked.)

Sadly 'tho I still cannot get the bluebottle to work. That being my only email that is a premium paid (not free) email it really is not nice. The Sprint CS said that my phone (Samsung M610) did not support IMAP. So I tried the newest PALM CENTRO... still the same... the folders on the server just don't show up. Both for the Sprint Mobile Email Application and the Versamail Application. Could it have something to do with the "root" folder in the settings? Tried putting nothing (default), "inbox", "mail"... Still not working.

So now I am curious... Has anybody on here gotten any IMAP email to work with any of the two applications above on any type of sprint phone? Could anybody help me please?

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Gwyneth
gwyneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
toe
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Touch
SU$: 3
Does anyone know how to remove an ISP account in sprint mobile email?
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
rsaz
Two Cans & String User

Phone: SCP-7000
SU$: 11
Palm settings for Q.com email

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyneth View Post
:
POP3/SMTP issue for QWEST q.com:
The basic settings for it:
3. Your complete e-mail address as the user name (username@q.com).
5. Incoming mail port is set to 995 (The SSL box should be checked.)
6. Outgoing mail port is set to 25. 4. (The "my server requires authentication" check box should be checked.)
I was able to get my Palm to access Q.com but only after calling Qwest technical services at 1-800-573-1311. I am thinking that they setup something on their end.

The final settings I used are:

QWEST -- POP3/SMTP mail sync for QWEST q.com:
3. Your complete e-mail address as the user name (username@q.com) and password.
4. Incoming mail port is set to 995 (The SSL box should be checked.)
5. Outgoing mail port is set to 25.
6. Use Secure Connection (SSL) and use Authentication (ESMTP)

Send and receives q.com email.
rsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
willjohnson
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaz View Post
I was able to get my Palm to access Q.com but only after calling Qwest technical services at 1-800-573-1311. I am thinking that they setup something on their end.

The final settings I used are:

QWEST -- POP3/SMTP mail sync for QWEST q.com:
3. Your complete e-mail address as the user name (username@q.com) and password.
4. Incoming mail port is set to 995 (The SSL box should be checked.)
5. Outgoing mail port is set to 25.
6. Use Secure Connection (SSL) and use Authentication (ESMTP)

Send and receives q.com email.
put in the information you used from qwest customer care and didnt work for exspress mail
willjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
willjohnson
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by willjohnson View Post
put in the information you used from qwest customer care and didnt work for exspress mail
did everything the person above said to do but changed outgoing to tsl instead if ssl and it recieves and sends
willjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Mobile Email and IMAP and Q.COM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: