Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
spano45
Telegraph User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 834
Send a message via AIM to spano45
Free new line of service and phone?????

I just got a call from an employee at sprint. She told me sprint wanted to offer me a free phone and line of service. I started asking questions and i came out with that sprint wanted to give me a phone and service w/ 550 anytime for no additional cost. I was baffled and and i kept asking questions (she became so frustrated with me) it was funny you could hear someone in the background telling her what to say when i challenged the offer. I asked her if i could have a day to think about it and she said no. In the end after a 15 minute talk i realized i don't need a new line of service due to the fact that i don't have kids or a spouse; therefore the phone would have no purpose.

Anyways i was very sketchy about it so i declined. Has this happened to anyone?? does anyone know anything about this?? I'm curious to see if this was a genuine offer from sprint or some kind of ploy to make me send more money in the end
spano45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
tarmacevo
Honor First

Phone: GS4
Trades: 6
SU$: 5,165
Send a message via AIM to tarmacevo
Never heard of this myself, but I wouldn't mind a second line just for well I don't need one either but if it was in fact truely free why not right :P
Old 09-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
jumonjii
Digital PCS User

Phone: a920
SU$: 8,583
It was an offer for a family plan. The marketing team is hired to close sales, not answer questions.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
sde780
Digital PCS User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
Trades: 18
SU$: 8,567
Send a message via AIM to sde780
Do you have a blog or something? I've heard about Sprint giving out 6 full months of service free with a free phone, to people that have popular blogs, so that they would post a blog about it something, that was like a year ago though.
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
jumonjii
Digital PCS User

Phone: a920
SU$: 8,583
That was part of the Ambassador(sp?) Program I believe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: