Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #1
bkusterbeck
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Sanyo SCP-8400
SU$: 51
bye bye free downloads

for all of you that wonder why jump codes no longer work, or why you only get the sound instead of the download of a ringtone from other sites , I finally got a sprint programming tech to admit that they are now blocking certain sites that allow free access to ringtones, screensavers and the likes. The big lie of updating their billing website and upgrading the servers was just that a big fat lie! If you have anything other then a PDA you are dead in the water. If your older phone still gets them, you are lucky, they won't soon. I bought a samsung m520 and a centro and now the m520 is useless, and unless someone comes out with a wi-fi adapter for my centro this thing will be useless soon. If their are any hackers out there who can beat the proxy string that sprint adds to the web address you type in please POST THE HACK. I hate what sprint has done and it is unconstitutional and illegal to block their competitors. Verizon did it and got slapped. Maybe it is time to do the same to sprint. when my contract expires with sprint I'm done with them if their censorship continues. Shame on sprint and the big fat corporate idiots who want to control what we put on our phones. If anyone figures out how to beat it let me know, the tech we talked to said some hacker will beat the block within two weeks and to watch the forums. until then sprint stinks!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:15 AM   #2

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkusterbeck View Post
for all of you that wonder why jump codes no longer work, or why you only get the sound instead of the download of a ringtone from other sites , I finally got a sprint programming tech to admit that they are now blocking certain sites that allow free access to ringtones, screensavers and the likes. The big lie of updating their billing website and upgrading the servers was just that a big fat lie! If you have anything other then a PDA you are dead in the water. If your older phone still gets them, you are lucky, they won't soon. I bought a samsung m520 and a centro and now the m520 is useless, and unless someone comes out with a wi-fi adapter for my centro this thing will be useless soon. If their are any hackers out there who can beat the proxy string that sprint adds to the web address you type in please POST THE HACK. I hate what sprint has done and it is unconstitutional and illegal to block their competitors. Verizon did it and got slapped. Maybe it is time to do the same to sprint. when my contract expires with sprint I'm done with them if their censorship continues. Shame on sprint and the big fat corporate idiots who want to control what we put on our phones. If anyone figures out how to beat it let me know, the tech we talked to said some hacker will beat the block within two weeks and to watch the forums. until then sprint stinks!
i have no problems getting ringers on my m1, v9m, or mm9000

Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Stiff
Two Cans & String User

Phone: VGA1000
SU$: 15
Facist Pigs!

This is BS. I will be switching phones. The focus and rumkin type uploaders are the only reason I have stayed with them this long. BASTIRDS!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
ill
Cordless Phone User

Phone: M610
Trades: 31
SU$: 8,486
Send a message via AIM to ill
i haven't tried any jump codes, but i host my own stuff for personal use and i noticed about a week ago at the bottom of my pages it's been saying "HOME" and "don't show images" when it shows that.. none of my ringers, screen savers, videos, streaming music or videos will work. i just tried again and the same thing happened. last time i fixed it by restarting my server. and on my phone i cleared cookies and refreshed page. i did the same thing, but this time i checked it on my touch and it worked on the touch, but not on my m510 or m610. i just restarted my server again and it seems to be working now for about 20 minutes.. hopefully it stays working. i'm gonna try using some jump codes here in a minute.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
ill
Cordless Phone User

Phone: M610
Trades: 31
SU$: 8,486
Send a message via AIM to ill
Jump codes seem to be working fine
Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
ar15kaizoku
Account Locked

Phone: Curve
Trades: 6
I put a ringer on my 9000 this morning...don't see what the fuss is all about.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 39,048
I have not been able to download from the free ringer websites for a few weeks. I noticed it when accessing the sites from a customers phone so I tried it on My phone and when I click on the download link, it just loops Me back.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
ar15kaizoku
Account Locked

Sempre, which sites aren't working for you?
I just got one from dbringers and the Rumkin uploader still works for me.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #9

i find that uploaders tend to not work as well anymore, but if you got to a website that hosts them such as laursifers site(s) or dbringers they work fine.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #10
ar15kaizoku
Account Locked

I just tried Rumkin again and it's not working.
Another upload site worked though.
The Focus uploader hasn't worked for me since December.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #11
coachpelkey
Man of LaMancha

Mood: Amused
Phone: Sam Galaxy 3
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,374
Send a message via Yahoo to coachpelkey
funformobile works for me just fine.....I am still looking for good apps for my m520...any help? pm please
Old 03-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 39,048
gritsandeggs.com/ringers

I tried it on the customer's phone, My phone and the store demo phone and it would just loop back to the same page. Very annoying since I use the download sites as an incentive to add Vision.

I have not tried laurs site recently.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #13
sergio15
Go Chargers!

Phone: Razr V3m
SU$: 284
Why is Sprint doing this? How can we stop them?
Old 03-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
ar15kaizoku
Account Locked

I just tried the gritsandeggs site and I kept getting "insufficient memory - restart your browser" errors, but it let me download a ringer.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
knytphal
Bows down to the current Frogger champ!

Phone: HTC 8925 on Tmo
Trades: 4
SU$: 14,396
Well, isn't that kind of underhanded of Sprint.

I was another one of those people that would just throw up a file or ringer onto a lighttpd server that I run and download from there. Hadn't tried it recently, though, as everything that I needed was on my SD card. Of course, I can't very well test it anymore and see if it still works as I no longer have a Sprint account.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > bye bye free downloads

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: