Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
Ken
Formerly known as Ken

Mood: Amused
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,866
Post Focus Uploader Bugs Here

Many of you are having issues with the focus uploader and I'd like to determine what the problem is so I can fix it right away. Please post the problem you're having with some details. If you could take a screen shot of some funkiness that is hard to explain, please do so.

Also, if the focus uploader is working for you, please let me know. It seems to be working for me, at least it's uploading the files to the sever and converting them to a .GCD file for me.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

Phone: Katana DLX
SU$: 4,373
Send a message via ICQ to Citibrat Send a message via Yahoo to Citibrat
Well, here's my dilemma:

I have been trying to post a .m4a to my phone to use as a ringer, and I can fill out the form with no problem, but when I click "upload file" it does absolutely nothing. I don't mean it comes up with an error, I don't mean it sends and then never reaches my phone. I mean the button changes color, and then back (button up and button down) but the site does nothing. If it is working for you, maybe it is the browser we are using- which, I'll admit, may very well be (and something I didn't think of before).

Which browser did you use when it worked? What type of file did you upload?

I would take a screen shot of what is happening, but you would see nothing since there is no error or anything, as I said. I could take a "before" and "after" pic of how it looks at those times, but they'd look exactly the same. The strange part is, normally when you click a button, there would be some change: browser load bar, activity notice (loading http://...), etc. With my problem, there's nothing at all. No change other than the button appearance.

That's about all I can tell you. I'm going to try it with a different browser, to see if I have any luck. I'll post the results here.

Thanks for posting this, by the way. We all appreciate this!
Citibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

Alright, here's the results of my test:

Normally, I use Slimbrowser as my default browser. When I clicked the upload button, nothing happened at all.

However, when I used Firefox, it worked fine.

This is strange, as I have used Slimbrowser as my browser for years and have never had a problem with anything else, but this seems to be the reason for the problems.

Still, not everyone uses Firefox, so there is still a problem with the uploader. I have no problem using FF to do my uploads, but others may not be capable or willing to do so.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Thanks in advance for anything you can do to fix this!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Penny
Yeah I know, I'm a Girly Girl

Phone: S Galaxy S3
Trades: 30
SU$: 12,426
Send a message via AIM to Penny
Ok, here is what is happening with me. I go to focus uploader. I browse for a JPG and I find it. I resize to proper size and then hit Upload/Send and Nothing happens at all. The page just sites there.

Kyle, My beautiful friend, I love and will miss you. But only for a short time, we shall meet again one sweet day
No Jesus ,No Peace - Know Jesus ,Know Peace
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
Ken
Formerly known as Ken

Okay, definitely sounds like a browser issue. I have Firefox, Safari, Opera and all versions of IE. I'm going to test with all those browsers and also download Slimbrowser as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
Ken
Formerly known as Ken

Okay, I found what the problem was. It's now working in all browsers including Slimbrowser. Give it a try and let me know your results.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

Works beautifully, now.

Thank you for your response and the thurough way you handled it. I know Slimbrowser is a rather rarely used browser, but I LOVE it.

Anyway, Thanks!

Just another reason to enjoy this site even more. I'm giving serious consideration to Prem. Membership, if for nothing more than to support it financially!

You guys rock!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
papertiger71
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung A900
SU$: 23
the uploader doesn't seem to have any trouble sending the message to my phone but in the middle of the download it stops and says the "Issue has been reported". It used to work just fine...until the website changed that is...I have a Samsung A900 if that helps. Peace
papertiger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

Might be something with the phone, as it worked just fine for me a minute or two ago. Uploaded an m4a ringer, and everything happened as normal.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #10
papertiger71
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 23
I sent an m4a ringer to my phone and it uploaded just fine, but its the pictures I'm having problems with. Every time I send a Jpg to my phone it does not download and gives me the same error message.
papertiger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
blaubon
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 17
Focus works for me, the problem I have is that I don't have or will ever use text messaging. So how can I find out where to download the things that I do with Focus Uploader. Where's the folder or server I can point my Katana II towards to download the files to my cellphone..I do have webservice, internet (etc..sprint vision pack)
blaubon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:50 AM   #12
Ken
Formerly known as Ken

You should see a message after you upload that says:

Quote:
We have sent you a text message. Once the text message arrives, browse to the URL in the message and download your file.

http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/d/1234567890.gcd
That URL is where you need to point your browser to.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
esco79
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
We have sent you a text message. Once the text message arrives, browse to the URL in the message and download your file.

http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/d/1234567890.gcd

i get this page but my phone gets nothing i tried to type in the address manualy and gives me an error the page does not exist? i have 2 sprint phones and have never had any issues sending ringtones
esco79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #14
SarEliz0131
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 14
The problem I am having does not seem to be browser-specific. I usually use AOL explorer for my default browser and it always worked just fine with Focus.
Today I tried to use the downloader with the actual AOL software (not the AOL explorer browser) and it did not work. I switched back to the explorer with no luck either.

I browse to the file, type in all the correct info and send the mp4 to my phone. It gives me the response saying I should be receiving a text soon.... but I do not. Tried several times with no luck.
SarEliz0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
dmartinsson
Telegraph User

Phone: M540 (Rant)
SU$: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarEliz0131 View Post
The problem I am having does not seem to be browser-specific. I usually use AOL explorer for my default browser and it always worked just fine with Focus.
Today I tried to use the downloader with the actual AOL software (not the AOL explorer browser) and it did not work. I switched back to the explorer with no luck either.

I browse to the file, type in all the correct info and send the mp4 to my phone. It gives me the response saying I should be receiving a text soon.... but I do not. Tried several times with no luck.
Same here. I have tried all weekend. I get as far as uploading a M4A file. Tittle it , put my cell number, get the appropriate msg afterwards saying a text msg has been sent...But nothing is being received. I use firefox (as I always have done since I found this site) also sending the file to the same phone I have had since I found this site (Samsung M500). I was starting to wonder if it was my text msging service by sprint but have received a text msg from my sister since I have been trying.

Thanks,
Dmartinsson
dmartinsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Introductions > Site News & Feedback > Focus Tool > Post Focus Uploader Bugs Here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: