Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

Phone: Iphone 5
Trades: 45
SU$: 14,437
Unbelievable..sprint cancelling my service!

Just got a letter and its due to too many billing calls - which were due to THEIR MISTAKES and averaged 2x a month since January, less before that! A few other randoms like esn swaps etc but absolutely nothing excessive or even that big of a deal. I've paid early every month for the past 7+ years! Every single call - they have hung up or transferred me 2 or 3 times to diff. departments, where I have to give my name/number/password again, and that gets logged as a new call. Or, call back after being hung up on, or after I can't wait that long.

Anyone ever hear of this? Getting nowhere w/ the department and every # just hangs up or says "final decision" and wont listen to me!

Last edited by rjmoose; 07-05-2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo police ;)
Old 07-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
UofAZSprint
Telephone User

Phone: Red Pearl
SU$: 774
Has it been canceled? What I would do is stop by a store and see if you can't get them to let you know of the specific notes on the account, maybe you can find out even more details of what is going on.

Other than that honestly, if you've tried all the customer service lines, you can try to have a manager (when your in the store) call manager hotline and see if they can't help you get some things sorted out.

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
jumonjii
Digital PCS User

Phone: a920
SU$: 8,583
Exexcutive Customer Service
703-433-4401
Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

They are saying they log each call transfer, each time when they keep asking for your info again is ONE call, so one actual call can turn into FIVE on their records.

So 20 calls becomes 60 or something like that - however if they even look into WHY they will see its only due to the billing errors on their part!

Now hes saying I paid something like 600 and had 300 credited, which is RIGHT - I should pay 40 a month, and that comes out to $240 since Jan, so if I paid around $300 I paid more than I should have!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

I really don't want to go BBB route, but anyone think that might help?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
Yay4Juggs
The Don of SU

Mood: Angry
Phone: HTC EVO 4g
Trades: 22
My Mood: Angry
SU$: 4,641
Send a message via AIM to Yay4Juggs Send a message via Yahoo to Yay4Juggs
have you tried executive services? bbb is a good route as a last resort

Old 07-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

That # above works but they are closed for the day. Cancellations, Acct services, and the # in the letter all said sorry nothing can be done and hung up. One woman was really nice, said she never heard of this, asked around and no one else ever heard of it and she would review with supervisor to figure it out but did not sound like they would/could do anything.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #8
unbreakableblue
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Ninja
Phone: EVO!
Trades: 2
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 7,776
Send a message via AIM to unbreakableblue
I have heard of this, but I thought the context of the calls was taken into account when making the decision. Apparently not. That sucks, I hope you can get it figured out.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

I sometimes have had to speak to 5 people over one error, but I didn't think that being hung up on/calling back OR being transferrred 6 times within one call equals "me calling too many times" Unreal!

Their mess ups made me pay twice as much, then their own corrections made me get credited 1/2 back to the normal amount. However they dont see it that way - they just see it as "too many credits" FUNNY they didn't see the mistakes as "too many charges"

I will call ES tomorrow and if they do nothing I'm filing w/ BBB. I have put up with so much BS from them and stayed even through all the crappy CS and even re signed when the 775 came out. This is so ridiculous, my close friends all are out of contract and want to leave for fear it can happen to them (they, suprise, often have similar errors and have to call in to fix them!)

Aside from that one woman, every single person has been rude to me and one even hung up while I was mid sentence. I pay early and never ask for anything OTHER THAN what I was offered to be put back on, or when Im' resigning. This new contract didnt come with any perks actually - just a discount on the 755.

So, anyone want to suggest what my (and my closest friends) new carrier should be!? LOL

Last edited by missdiva; 07-02-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
The Unabomber
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO 3D
Trades: 3
SU$: 583
So what exactly is the reason they are cancelling your account again? The whole thing sounds weird. Why on earth would they cancel your account for calling in too many times? It makes no sense what so ever.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
Yay4Juggs
The Don of SU

well i hear that iphone is pretty nifty...can i have your 755??? he he he it would be a pisser to see you go...im sure executive services will come up with some sort of solution for you.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #12
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

I'm going to scan the letter in. They said it was the calls, but then he mentioned the credits, which were 100% JUST crediting their mistakes/overages. Aside from their tons of billing errors that I called about - I think I called in two times over past year to get dropped call credits, and some esn swaps or other people calling about other accounts using my phone (which I learn DOES get put on your record, but they can easily see the call wasnt even about me, right?)

They offered me a plan which I took, now I'm getting booted because I called them to FIX them taking back the offer they made me!? Make that 3 contracts for 2 yrs each, with a perk or two along the way each time AND a few large mistakes over the years on their end, which they ended up apologizing for and fixing the issue in the end.

Figures I hate the iphone.. I hate to go to at&t but I need a Treo. My friend w/ bad credit who can't switch from sprint will get my 755 if I have to go. What a fkn MESS!

Last edited by missdiva; 07-02-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
Yay4Juggs
The Don of SU

they can tell by the footprint and notes left on the account from the original rep that took the call in the old p2k system not sure aboot now

Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #14
Yay4Juggs
The Don of SU

this almost smells like an audit to me...i was just recently audited for having 2 sero lines with a free data card(yes absolutely free) then they discovered i was old school and said oh...sorry sir have a good day! I was given the data card when i was a tmobile dealer as an incentive to become a sprint dealer. its not like i use the card but it is associated with my account as being free.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
The Unabomber
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO 3D
Trades: 3
SU$: 583
It still dosn't make sense though. I don't understand why they would cancel your service for calling in too many times. I can see them canceling the service for having excessive amounts of credits on the account or something. I don't know but your starting to give me a heart attack because I just renewed my contract for some 6800's and called in a couple of times for tracking numbers and then of course to do the ESN swap but I can't imagine that having a negative impact on my account.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Unbelievable..sprint cancelling my service!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: