Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
identity
Telegraph User

Phone: 4s 32gb White
SU$: 381
how can i waive the 150 down payment fee?

i went to the sprint store today to get another line added to my account and the salesperson said i have to pay $150 before i can activate the account. i asked if there was any way to waive that fee and he said he can't do it but i have to call in customer service and have them re-evulate my status. i've been with sprint for one year and i haven't been late in my bills during the whole time.

has anybody else done this? does it work? let me know!

thanks....
identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
gosprint
Telephone User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 1,274
You have to call the credit department, they are the only ones who can re-evaluate your credit status and upgrade your credit class so you don't have to pay the deposit. I believe their number can be found in the FAQ section under important Sprint numbers. Good luck!
gosprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
identity
Telegraph User

Phone: 4s 32gb White
SU$: 381
the guy said dial *2 so i'm going to try that. thanks.
identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
Gibsohnn

Trades: 3
SU$: 9,210
I have been able, with relative success, to get some SUers a credit class upgrade. However, you'd have to meet some requirements:

1.) No disconnects or hotlines in the past year
2.) No late payments in the past year
3.) Have been at least one year since activating the last line that maxxed out your number of lines (IE you are eligible for 2 lines and it's been at least a year since you activated that second one)

Being as you have not maxxed out your number of eligible subscriptions yet, then there lies your first problem. Deposits cannot be played with, messed with, removed or changed (unless you definitely don't want your job anymore). Keep in mind that they give the 150 back after a year.
Gibsohnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
Tai
Hawtness :)

Phone: W810i
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,009
edit for you Btrav your allowed 1 hotline a year
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
Gibsohnn

I don't usually broadcast that, LOL.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
gosprint
Telephone User

What is a hotline?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
Gibsohnn

Phone turned off due to request, over the spending limit, or past due. So there's "courtesty hotlined" as in your lost your phone and wanted it suspended or there's "collections hotlined" as in you have a past due amount that is unpaid, so on and so forth. Sorry, more an internal phrase than anything. Or do you SUers use this phrase? Bleh, who cares, I'm tired, no one cares who uses "hotline" do they? LOL
Old 09-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #9
gosprint
Telephone User

Well I've never had a late payment since I've had Sprint for almost 5 years now, so I guess that's why I never knew of that term!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:05 AM   #10
Gibsohnn

That's a good thing then. You're among a small minority.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #11
WowLancer
Telegraph User

Phone: Sanyo 7400
SU$: 413
Send a message via AIM to WowLancer Send a message via MSN to WowLancer
Quote:
Originally posted by btrav13
Agreed.

GO SPRINT!
WowLancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:32 AM   #12
Agent-G
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: iPhone 5
SU$: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrav13
Phone turned off due to request, over the spending limit, or past due. So there's "courtesty hotlined" as in your lost your phone and wanted it suspended or there's "collections hotlined" as in you have a past due amount that is unpaid, so on and so forth. Sorry, more an internal phrase than anything. Or do you SUers use this phrase? Bleh, who cares, I'm tired, no one cares who uses "hotline" do they? LOL

Why would requesting your phone to be shut off due to possible fraud be considered a point against you?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:46 AM   #13
Ced91071
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Treo 650
SU$: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrav13
So in other words, according to your statement, most of the 50 million + customers of Sprint consistently make late payments? ARE YOU SERIOUS?????????????????
Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 AM   #14
D-Struct45
Telegraph User

Phone: BlackBerry 7130
Trades: 1
SU$: 238
Send a message via AIM to D-Struct45
Most wait till they are turned off to make a payment!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #15
Gibsohnn

Quote:
So in other words, according to your statement, most of the 50 million + customers of Sprint consistently make late payments? ARE YOU SERIOUS?????????????????
Let me put it to you this way (and this is based off what I see every day, not some sort of national information): I took 14 payments yesterday. Of those 14 payments, 9 were folks who were shut off and ALL of them asked me the same question "what's the minimum I can put on this to get it cut back on?" Of the remaining 5 customers, 3 were decent credit classes with a past due amount (hence they weren't turned off yet), but still...they were late. Only 2 came in and paid their bill with me that were not late or turned off due to over the ASL or late. It's like this every day. The only thing that hurts my view is that the vast majority of A and B credit customer either have automatic bill pay or mail a check, we never see them in -store. It's the "credit challenged" customers that deal in cash and money order that come in shut off all the time, so granted, that hurts. But there are still a lot of the A and B folks out there who I notice (usually while doing upgrades and so forth in the account) who pay behind all the time. They always have an amount sitting in "past due". Not sure what this says about a national level "on time payment" customer base, but of those people who come in the store, the extremely vast majority always want to know the absolute smallest dollar amount possible to be paid to get service back (I always want to say, "you want service back you're not paying for? oh, ALL OF IT THEN"). It may be different in different markets, but I highly doubt it.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > how can i waive the 150 down payment fee?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: