Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
compnewbie01
Two Cans & String User

Phone: i850
SU$: 12
Clearing i850 Memory

I have a Nextel i850 and tried to upload some custom ringtones. After much trial and error I finally got it to work. However the problem is that I uploaded a 6.6mb wav file that did not work. However, it still took up that much space. So 70% of my phones space is being taken up and there is no way to delete it (since it doesnt show up anywhere). Does anyone know how to find a "bad file" that doesn't appear under normal ringtones/apps through some kind of archive feature? Or possible by using my computer? If not, is the only way of freeing up the space to do a hard reset back to manufacturer settings? Lastly, if this is the only way, I need to know the security code for doing so.
compnewbie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
pookie00
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 3
I am having the same problem, has anyone found a resolution to this?
pookie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
some18mybrain
Still Going Strong

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy SIII
Trades: 2
SU$: 29,551
I'm not sure about the first part(deleting the one file), but as far as resetting to the factory defaults, unless you changed the security code it should be 000000.
Every smile that lights my face; Every teardrop, every trace; Every secret hidden place; Belongs to you. Everything that's good in me; All I'll ever hope to be; Every drop of every dream; Belongs to you.
Frank and Rebecca - Joined forever on May 16th, 2009
some18mybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Clearing i850 Memory

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: