Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-31-2004, 10:48 AM   #1
meztl
Two Cans & String User

Phone: PM-8200
SU$: 10
Ringtones out of Beats? i read the "How do I create voice ringers from MP3 or WAV"

but when i try to make ringtones with just the beats (by like cropping the end of DMX's "ready to meet him") i find that the volume is really low (almost inaudiable) and when i use the sound recorder's ability to "increase volume 25%" enough to hear it, it become REAL distored....

I have sceen people who phones almost identical to mine (sanyo pm-8200) with very nice beat ringtones, like Jay-Z's " La-La-La (Excuse Me Again), where the ringtone beat sound almost identical to the song beat, so i know its possible (only difference in our phone is his has motion-video and about double the memory or so).

Im not a lazy bum i read the FAQ links:
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11225

and i guess that is good if you want a song for your ringtone but i prefer to just have the beat... does anyone know a more optimum way of doing this? thx for your help
meztl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:53 AM   #2
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,296
Being a ringtone maker myself...there is a thin line between making the ringer loud and not distorting it. I usually make a ringtone by converting to a wav file, then using my sound recorder on xp and cutting it...I PLAY with the volume...sometimes creating 3 to 4 QCP and loading them on my phone to see which one sounds the best....Some people use software filters

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
meztl
Two Cans & String User

Phone: PM-8200
SU$: 10
Yea i been playin with the volume too, i was just wonder if since Deval's guide is primarily concerned with voice recordings, thier would b a more ideal way to pre-format the file if you just wanted a beat... or is the song a bad place to get the beat? should i just get on 'topia or something and d/l just a beat, u think that will produce better quality? or even a place someone knows of to d/l beat ringtones?
meztl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:16 AM   #4
Bropoet
Telegraph User

Phone: Sanyo RL-4920
SU$: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by meztl
Yea i been playin with the volume too, i was just wonder if since Deval's guide is primarily concerned with voice recordings, thier would b a more ideal way to pre-format the file if you just wanted a beat... or is the song a bad place to get the beat? should i just get on 'topia or something and d/l just a beat, u think that will produce better quality? or even a place someone knows of to d/l beat ringtones?

I followed Deval's method and have had good quality in my opinion but you tell me. Here's a test post I did from one of my jazz tracks just upload it to your phone and let me know the quality to you.

I also have tracks with voices in them and thay came out good also. I usually start with a very hi quality mp3 them convert it to wav using Deval's method...

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64519

Check it out and let me know...

Music from my NEW CD
Bropoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #5
FlimFlam
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sanyo 5600
SU$: 1,116
meztl,

Having played around with a load of electronica files I've had on my computer and trying to set them up as ringtones, only one thing's really holding true - until phones come with subwoofers, it's way too easy to push the speakers into distortion. What I've had to do is play with the equalization a bit - I've had to cut down the bass level on a lot of the songs I've been working with, and nudge up the midrange and high range of the song. That makes it possible to crank up the volume without hitting that bass distortion. Don't know what recorder you're using to edit your file - otherwise, I'd be a little less vague. What editor are you using?

FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 PM   #6
alvinthag
Two Cans & String User

Phone: a900
SU$: 16
eahhh ms randall how do i make the ring tones for the blade what program do u need
alvinthag is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Ringtones out of Beats? i read the "How do I create voice ringers from MP3 or WAV"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: