Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
enfuego44
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 21
Cannot update PRL, Profile, Firmware

Samsung Intercept....I can't update Profile, PRL, Firmware. It just gives me an error message "internal Error" and tells me to call sprint customer care if problem persists. Anyone else have these issues with updating. There is a PRL update available. My wifes phone is updated, but i still cannot update.

Thanks
enfuego44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
ReppinTheSouth
Telegraph User

Phone: Transform
SU$: 292
I have the same problem with my Transform. I searched the net and came across a lot of similar posts. I called Sprint and after the tech tried to help me but couldn't she advised me to take my phone to a store which I probably should do. I'm just being lazy about it. However, some people said that the sprint tech walked them through some stuff in the msl and they were able to fix it.
ReppinTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,553
You might try pulling the battery for a couple of minutes and then letting the phone boot back up. Then try again to update your profile or the PRL. Sometimes a soft reset like that straightens out minor issues that can keep a phone from doing it's thing.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
ReppinTheSouth
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
You might try pulling the battery for a couple of minutes and then letting the phone boot back up. Then try again to update your profile or the PRL. Sometimes a soft reset like that straightens out minor issues that can keep a phone from doing it's thing.
I tried and this didn't work.

I went into ##3282# and snooped around. Under username, there is a field called "M Home Address." Mine was "0.0.0.0." Is that right? Could this be causing my problem?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
cyorke
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: SGS2 E4GT
SU$: 2,911
I aam using a Transform andhave the same issue. But my has a Transform and hers updates just fine. Hers is all stock except Handscent messaging. Mine only has Handscent and Launcher Pro. I haven't tried pulling battery yet or calling. I guess I am wondering if anyone else that is having the same issues is running similar apps?
cyorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
ReppinTheSouth
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
I aam using a Transform andhave the same issue. But my has a Transform and hers updates just fine. Hers is all stock except Handscent messaging. Mine only has Handscent and Launcher Pro. I haven't tried pulling battery yet or calling. I guess I am wondering if anyone else that is having the same issues is running similar apps?
It's not the apps. It's the phone. I did a lot of searching and found forums where other people with Moments and Epics are having the same issue. I deleted everything from my phone and still had the same problem. I took my phone to a sprint store and they couldn't fix it. They're mailing me a replacement.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Before getting a replacement, I would perform both an RTN (##786) and software reset (going through the menu on the phone). We have seen a lot of phones with this issue and this resolved it.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
ReppinTheSouth
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Before getting a replacement, I would perform both an RTN (##786) and software reset (going through the menu on the phone). We have seen a lot of phones with this issue and this resolved it.
How do you perform an RTN? I dialed the number but that didn't seem to do anything.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
w7excursion
Hit Boy

Phone: 007 S4
Trades: 10
SU$: 114,940
##786#
Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
Duffman
Eh.

Yeah, I am so used to leaving off the last # in my notes. You will need your MSL. Also, you could try just clearing storage with the hardware keys. I am looking into this, but it seems that the later versions of the Android cache may be preventing a full wipe with ##786# like techs are used to.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
ReppinTheSouth
Telegraph User

Well I'm screwed. I did the RTN but now my phone won't activate. I get the same error because I can't update my profile. I ran into this one time before and I don't know how but suddenly it activated itself.

I booted to recovery and wiped all the data and the cache. To be continued............

*EDIT*

Ok. I'm back in business. My phone activated somehow but in notification bar, I still had the little green ball saying that my phone wasn't activated. I could call and get on the internet so it's activated.

However, I still cannot update firmware, PRL, or profile. Oh well. New phone's in the mail.

Last edited by ReppinTheSouth; 12-24-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
cyorke
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: SGS2 E4GT
SU$: 2,911
Well I just spent 1.5 hour on the phone with tech support and no luck with fixing mine. Tried RTN and resets and all kinds of crap. Put everything in the notes and I have to call employee care tomorrow to get it swapped out. Since I am on advantage club they cant process the exchange through tech support. I am still within my 30 days so I guess they should do it as a swap for a defective phone.

It must be very random because like i said my wife's updates fine.
cyorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #13
Duffman
Eh.

You just need the update.zip file. You save it to your SD card, then flash from recovery. It will overwrite everything and get you 2.2.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Cannot update PRL, Profile, Firmware

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: