Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
cvcxl
Telegraph User

Phone: 6800
SU$: 39
NFL Suspends Michael Vick Indefinitely!

NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL has suspended Michael Vick indefinitely.

The suspension comes after a plea agreement was filed in federal court in Virginia today, in which Vick admitted his involvement in a dogfighting ring.

In a summary of facts in the case, Vick admits to backrolling Bad Newz Kennels and its gambling operation. He also admits to participating in the execution of dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions.

The summary says Vick did not place bets himself, nor did he receive any winnings.

Vick is scheduled to formally enter the plea Monday. The judge in the case is not bound by the sentence recommendations. The charges are punishable by as much as five years in prison.

Vick's attorney says his client's role “was different” than that of his three co-defendants in the case, and he would try to explain that to the court.

Vick's Signed Plea Deal
cvcxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
Oh blah blah blah. Ban from Pro football.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
The SPCS Guy
Yup...Still With Sprint... ImmaTwiztedOne!

Phone: Galaxy Note 4™
Trades: 1
SU$: 10,113
Send a message via Skype™ to The SPCS Guy
The only reason he is on the front page is because he is Black! There are plenty of White pro players that do the same darn thing as Michael Vick! Maybe he went about getting caught all wrong, but basically he just got Lynched! IDIOT! VICK, YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN THE WRONG HANDS MY MAN!
Of course it will be played out as the Dog fighting scene, but we all know what the real deal with that is. I'm Suprised PETA hasn't jumped all over this.

Hey Mike, you ever watched the movie O?

JE
Customizations:AppBrain Apps

Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 08-24-2007 at 10:17 PM.
The SPCS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
Wayne 1
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Sanyo
SU$: 18,654
IMO Vick bet on the dog fight's too! That's a no no, ask Pete Rose........
Wayne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
some18mybrain
Still Going Strong

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy SIII
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 29,551
IMO, PETA, the ASPCA, and every other animal rights group should be breathing down Vick's neck. There are a lot of people out there that think this isn't such a big deal....but it really is! It's cruelty, plain and simple. The fact that Vick got caught has nothing do with with him being black, it has to do with him being stupid for getting involved with it in the first place. I think he should be out of football permanantly, and if they do decide to let him back, I feel sorry for the team that get's him, because they probably won't be liked by the fans or the media very much for it. Too bad too....he had a very promising career.
some18mybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
tbakergobuck
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by some18mybrain View Post
The fact that Vick got caught has nothing do with with him being black, it has to do with him being stupid for getting involved with it in the first place.
However I think we all make mistakes so I think Vick should get a second chance as long as he ment that he was sorry.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
some18mybrain
Still Going Strong

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy SIII
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 29,551
I would agree with you...if he was genuinely sorry.....but I don't think he is. He is sorry that he got caught, but think about it. If he hadn't, do you think he would have had some sudden epiphany that what he was doing was wrong, and then come forward to say how sorry he was? He'd still be doing it today if he hadn't been caught.
some18mybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
UofAZSprint
Telephone User

Phone: Red Pearl
SU$: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
However I think we all make mistakes so I think Vick should get a second chance as long as he ment that he was sorry.
Sadly I don't know if what he said was truly genuine considering someone is selling his "notes" on Ebay (there was a link on Yahoo! Sports a lil while ago about this). This was sick and illegal and he should be banned forever.

And to anyone who thinks it's "Because he's black" please set out into reality. Whether he was Black, White, Purple, Green or Blue, he A) acted ILLEGALLY and got CAUGHT (whether other athletes do this or not is unknown, Vick got caught and was PROVED to be doing this) and B) He participated in gambling, if you know ANYTHING about sports that is a bannable offense (look at the NBA ref). So please stop trying to make things racially oriented when they aren't. It honestly has become obsurd how some people try to link almost anything to racial.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #9
Wayne 1
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Sanyo
SU$: 18,654
Gambling is a big no no. For that reason Pete Rose will probably never get into the baseball hall of fame. No more glory for "Charley Hustle"!
Wayne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
UofAZSprint
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne 1 View Post
Gambling is a big no no. For that reason Pete Rose will probably never get into the baseball hall of fame. No more glory for "Charley Hustle"!
Yup, Rose was one of the best players to play the game, but you gamble you're screwed.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
NONAME
Resident Phone Whore

Phone: IPHONE 4S 4now
Trades: 4
SU$: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SPCS Guy View Post
The only reason he is on the front page is because he is Black! There are plenty of White pro players that do the same darn thing as Michael Vick! Maybe he went about getting caught all wrong, but basically he just got Lynched! IDIOT! VICK, YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN THE WRONG HANDS MY MAN!
Of course it will be played out as the Dog fighting scene, but we all know what the real deal with that is. I'm Suprised PETA hasn't jumped all over this.

Hey Mike, you ever watched the movie O?

JE
.....another "left field comment"

My opinion on the whole Vick situation is....he did a very cruel, stupid and inhumane crime AND NOW he MUST pay for it PERIOD!

If he were to have played his ball here in Pittsburgh, we the fans, media, and whoever else wouldve ripped him a new a** hole AND YES, I'M BLACK!

WHICH I FEEL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SITUATION!

Last edited by NONAME; 09-22-2007 at 09:56 PM.
NONAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
Cheatachu72
Liability

Mood: Lurking
Phone: pbr
Trades: 23
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 14,032
http://www.cbs46.com/news/14210094/detail.html

and now he failed a drug test....well played sir!

but then again if i was facing jail time and it didnt look like i would be playing pro football for a long time, i would be tempted to partake
sanyo 8100>sanyo 5500>samsung i330>sanyo 5500>nokia 6016>sanyo 5400>sanyo 5600>samsung a900>samsung a900m>sanyo 8300>UpStage>sanyo 8300>lucky-goldstar fusic>lucky-goldstar muziq>htc mogu>sammy m610>htc touch>Palm Pre>Lucky-Goldstar Optimus Prime
Currently: Content with an Optimus S
Cheatachu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #13
tbakergobuck
Satellite Phone User

Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
SU$: 189,328
Makes me wonder if he paid someone off at the airport. In a way it's sad because Vick had the ability to be a very good QB.

Last edited by tbakergobuck; 09-26-2007 at 04:03 PM.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #14
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
SU$: 40,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofAZSprint View Post
And to anyone who thinks it's "Because he's black" please set out into reality. Whether he was Black, White, Purple, Green or Blue, he A) acted ILLEGALLY and got CAUGHT (whether other athletes do this or not is unknown, Vick got caught and was PROVED to be doing this) and B) It honestly has become obsurd how some people try to link almost anything to racial.

Funny you would think in 2007 we wouldnt have to RIGHT to talk racism in America but Jena 6 and the recent very hush hush incident in West Virginia where a 20 year old was enslaved for days and forced to eat dog and rat feces makes the "because he is black" very much possible.....I cant call it either way

I am tired of hearing of it personally...He did it he should be punished what I dont understand how he could be faced with up to 40 years for dog fighting when you can kill a human and get 15 years or less

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!

Last edited by MsRandall; 09-27-2007 at 10:16 AM.
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #15
UofAZSprint
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
Funny you would think in 2007 we wouldnt have to RIGHT to talk racism in America but Jena 6 and the recent very hush hush incident in West Virginia where a 20 year old was enslaved for days and forced to eat dog and rat feces makes the "because he is black" very much possible.....I cant call it either way

I am tired of hearing of it personally...He did it he should be punished what I dont understand how he could be faced with up to 40 years for dog fighting when you can kill a human and get 15 years or less
He should spend 40 years in jail for it. As well it's a stupid that you can get 15 for murdering a human being.

On another note, now he failed a drug test, what's next for Vick... any predictions?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: