Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
KAT
Digital PCS User

Phone: Samsung m610
SU$: 14,285
Browsing issues with Optimus....

This just started happening today. When I do a search on Dolphin, and scroll up and down on the results page, its jerky as hell... doesn't scroll smooth at all, sometimes it sticks stationary for a second, and when I flick my finger up or down it will click on something I don't even want. I mean its bad... not smooth at all anymore. But if I do click on a result, and get a actual website, it seems to scroll fine, its only the results page that scrolls horrible. I tried the stock browser, same thing. I deleted some apps that I really didn't want to delete for more memory to see if that made a change, nope. Anybody know why this might be happening all of a sudden?

Scrolling thru my homescreens got jerky a couple of times as well but still seems to be OK for the most part. Its really bugging me...
Old 12-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
indyalex
treo 700p

Phone: Hero
SU$: 7,013
Try turning off ph.,remove battery a min.or so then replace then try it.If that doesn't work uninstall Dolphin app.,then re download it.
indyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
KAT
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyalex
Try turning off ph.,remove battery a min.or so then replace then try it.If that doesn't work uninstall Dolphin app.,then re download it.
Already removed battery twice to see if it made a difference ... forgot to mention that, but no change. Ill uninstall Dolphin and reinstall, but like I said, it happens with the stock browser as well so I'm not sure it will make a difference but Ill try
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
KAT
Digital PCS User

Just uninstalled Dolphin... went right to the stock browser to check it out, smooth as silk! Not really sure what happened but looks like Ill be using the stock browser for now although I liked some of the Dolphin features better. Got a little chunk of memory back to removing Dolphin. I'd rather have one smooth running browser than two that aren't right... still a bit baffled at what happened but oh well... Thx for the suggestions!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
Chris Kay
Formerly known as Mr.Lloyd

Mood: Amused
Phone: MyTouch 4G
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 8,908
Try Skyfire

"You will never be satisfied..."
Chris Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
UALOneKPlus
Cellular Guru
- Contributor -

Phone: Treo650
SU$: 5,585
That's why I stick with stock browser. 3rd party browsers can act strange, not to mention browsers like skyfire can also cache / intercept your private data on their own servers.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
KAT
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
That's why I stick with stock browser. 3rd party browsers can act strange, not to mention browsers like skyfire can also cache / intercept your private data on their own servers.
Yeah the stock one isn't really bad at all... just wish it was easier to access bookmarks, and wondering if there was a way to hide the notification bar at the top for full screen? If there is I can't find out how. The Hero stock browser let you hide it, and if you got a message you could just hit menu, the notification bar would pop up, pull the window down and you could tend to your text/emails. Hit it again and you're back to full browser screen.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
KAT
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lloyd
Try Skyfire
Thx I gave it a quick try, but man there's is just SO much "stuff" on that homescreen... a bunch of stuff I'd never use really, and didn't seem any faster than other browsers. The stock browser is a little more simple, streamlined if you will. But as usual like different phones, all these browsers often offer a feature or two that I wish the other one had lol. I was pretty happy with Dolphin actually, my personal favorite, but not with those quirks that were popping up.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
UALOneKPlus
Cellular Guru
- Contributor -

Phone: Treo650
SU$: 5,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT View Post
Yeah the stock one isn't really bad at all... just wish it was easier to access bookmarks, and wondering if there was a way to hide the notification bar at the top for full screen? If there is I can't find out how. The Hero stock browser let you hide it, and if you got a message you could just hit menu, the notification bar would pop up, pull the window down and you could tend to your text/emails. Hit it again and you're back to full browser screen.
It's been a while since I used my Optimus, but I think if you just scroll down the page, the notification bar goes away on its own. I've also read Launcher Pro can hide the notification bar in general as well, not just in the browser but every where.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
indyalex
treo 700p

Phone: Hero
SU$: 7,013
Kat,have you tried re downloading Dolphin ? Sometimes this helps with some apps,if it doesn't just uninstall and go back to stock.I've used both Skyfire & Dolphin,I like general browsing with Dolphin but video stuff with Skyfire,it would be nice to combine the things we like about the two into one.
indyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
KAT
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus View Post
It's been a while since I used my Optimus, but I think if you just scroll down the page, the notification bar goes away on its own. I've also read Launcher Pro can hide the notification bar in general as well, not just in the browser but every where.
The notification bar stays on the stock browser, no big deal. I'm already using Launcher Pro and it's great, and it does hide the notification bar on all home screens. Really makes the screens/wallpapers look better when it's gone, and you just hit menu to make it appear to check status, messages ect. And you can get your 7 screens back if you want like the Hero has, and view homescreens in landscape ect, nice.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
KAT
Digital PCS User

Just a quick update... I doubt I will ever reinstall Dolphin now. My Optimus is running better than ever, and the stock browser is very fast. I'm even getting better battery life. I've been using the phone much of the day on WIFI and have 67% battery left, I started at 100% at 8:30 am. The battery will easily last into the night and have juice left over when I hit the sack. The phone just seems healthier .. its all good. ;?)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: