Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
No Limit
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Nexus 5
SU$: 1,635
Am I forced to change my current plan if I get the G2?

I know Sprint's trying to push their all you can eat unlimited plan with this phone, but is there anyway I can just purchase this phone on my own and still activate on my current plan, Everything Data 450?
No Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Limit View Post
I know Sprint's trying to push their all you can eat unlimited plan with this phone, but is there anyway I can just purchase this phone on my own and still activate on my current plan, Everything Data 450?
As long as you are paying the Premium data fee of $10 there would be no problem.

I hope you know that if you purchase the phone outright it could be in the neighborhood of $700
Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Euphorian For This Useful Post:
No Limit (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
No Limit
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Nexus 5
SU$: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post
As long as you are paying the Premium data fee of $10 there would be no problem.

I hope you know that if you purchase the phone outright it could be in the neighborhood of $700
Yeah I just saw that on amazon.com. I guess I'll either save up for the phone or go back on a 2 year contract (I've been off a contract for about 2 years now). I am also paying the premium data fee on my current plan. Thanks for answering.
No Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Limit View Post
Yeah I just saw that on amazon.com. I guess I'll either save up for the phone or go back on a 2 year contract (I've been off a contract for about 2 years now). I am also paying the premium data fee on my current plan. Thanks for answering.
Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
BryanPJenkins
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 219
Non contract price will be $549. You can upgrade without changing plans, no matter what they tell you (for now). Although the new plan is only a penny more. Only time you get screwed is when you have more than 2 lines, or a heavy discount (discounts now only come off data, which is $30/line on Unlimited My Way)
BryanPJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > LG > Am I forced to change my current plan if I get the G2?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: