Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #121
NASCAR14FAN
PINs 3240AC23 & 32FD2D8B

Phone: BB 9650 & 9850
Trades: 3
SU$: 53,604
Send a message via ICQ to NASCAR14FAN Send a message via AIM to NASCAR14FAN Send a message via MSN to NASCAR14FAN Send a message via Yahoo to NASCAR14FAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhineandMoan View Post
I was hoping it would be 3rd quarter 09, but if it's 2010 I will rethink my decision of staying when my contract expires. A GSM carrier is putting up a tower which will give me a choice.
Me to... I'm not sure if I could spend that much money on a phone that is not 100% functional

Also, think about it... By January, is all we get is the Tour... Verizon will already be working on getting the 3rd gen of touchscreen Blackberry

Sprint sucks ass!

"MAKE THE WORLD BLACKBERRY"
NASCAR14FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #122
WhineandMoan
Telephone User

Mood: Psychedelic
Phone: Photon and 9650
My Mood: Psychedelic
SU$: 4,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebrown View Post
January 2010?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCAR14FAN View Post
Me to... I'm not sure if I could spend that much money on a phone that is not 100% functional

Also, think about it... By January, is all we get is the Tour... Verizon will already be working on getting the 3rd gen of touchscreen Blackberry

Sprint sucks ass!
I agree. I just purchased a used 8830 since I need a BB capable of GSM as well as CDMA. The 8830 is 2+ years old technology. Sprint still has not released a Rev A BB so I have a separate data card for my laptop since you can't tether and talk at the same time. Sprint needs to do something instead of falling farther behind. Just think, by the time they release the next BB the other carriers will have introduced the replacement for what we are getting.
WhineandMoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #123
deebrown
Blackberry Addict!! www.Twitter.com/DeeBrownMan

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 2,721
Send a message via AIM to deebrown Send a message via MSN to deebrown Send a message via Yahoo to deebrown
Thumbs down

Me too or I may have to do the unthinkable and either switch or get a Palm Pre. Dont want to really leave my blackberry but every other carrier either has exclusives or updated models. Sprint if your listening get it together!!!
deebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #124
deebrown

Send a message via AIM to deebrown Send a message via MSN to deebrown Send a message via Yahoo to deebrown
Maybe if enough of us send in complaints to Sprint they will cave. Honestly, Sprint has the most tricked out Blackberries but they are blowing it! I send Dan@Sprint.com several emails a month complaining about this very thing. Its frustrating! At&T has the Magnum, Onyx and already has 8900. Come on Sprint what happened to the announcement of the Bold being released in the first quarter??!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #125
NASCAR14FAN
PINs 3240AC23 & 32FD2D8B

Send a message via ICQ to NASCAR14FAN Send a message via AIM to NASCAR14FAN Send a message via MSN to NASCAR14FAN Send a message via Yahoo to NASCAR14FAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebrown View Post
Maybe if enough of us send in complaints to Sprint they will cave. Honestly, Sprint has the most tricked out Blackberries but they are blowing it! I send Dan@Sprint.com several emails a month complaining about this very thing. Its frustrating! At&T has the Magnum, Onyx and already has 8900. Come on Sprint what happened to the announcement of the Bold being released in the first quarter??!!
There really isn't much Dan can do about this... The fact is and will always remain that Blackberry and everyone else gives the cool toys to carriers that can push them and get as many out there in the shortest time possible... Sprint cannot do that as well as Verizon and AT&T can...

Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #126
WhineandMoan
Telephone User

Quote:
There really isn't much Dan can do about this... The fact is and will always remain that Blackberry and everyone else gives the cool toys to carriers that can push them and get as many out there in the shortest time possible... Sprint cannot do that as well as Verizon and AT&T can...
I would think that if Sprint were to get them before the others they would have folks that just want the new toys that would leave the other 2 for them. I guess the bigger question Sprint needs to answer is, How many have left due to their lack of newer technologies? Let's face it, Sprint's plans are cheaper than the competition, but why would you switch to a carrier that is just getting the technology you had 2 years ago?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #127
deebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhineandMoan View Post
I would think that if Sprint were to get them before the others they would have folks that just want the new toys that would leave the other 2 for them. I guess the bigger question Sprint needs to answer is, How many have left due to their lack of newer technologies? Let's face it, Sprint's plans are cheaper than the competition, but why would you switch to a carrier that is just getting the technology you had 2 years ago?
so true, Im so disappointed with Sprint right now
Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #128
sprtjnkie
EVOlving on a daily basis

Mood: Amused
Phone: EVO
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 14,402
Send a message via Yahoo to sprtjnkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
I am on the fence about staying with Sprint...
Ditto.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #129
jeffgdula
Telephone User

Phone: BB Q10 (VZW)
SU$: 3,526
Quote:
Right now, our next berry will be the Tour in January... Unless Sprint is holding out on me (which I doubt). But, I'm still holding out hope that we might get a BOLD or STORM varient before that, but there is still no chatter on that front. I'm still kicking around the idea of just buying a Storm and flashing [to Sprint] it myself, but I might loose all my Sprint apps. Sprint says that they will activate an unlocked berry for me, but they cannot promise that my Sprint apps will work and my TEP will be useless if I do!
Where did January come from? If that is the case I am definitely leaving Sprint. I have been with them for almost 11 years now, but i am sick of this. Every other carrier has like 3 new Blackberries and Sprint can't even get one new one out. I couldn't care less about the Pre.
Q10 (6/14/2013), Bold 9930 (8/24/2011), Bold 9650 (5/22/2010), Tour 9630 (7/14/2009), Curve 8330 (6/19/2008), M610 (4/3/2007), A960 (5/17/2006), A680 (5/1/2004), A620 (2003), A500 (2003), N400 (12/8/2002), 3500 (2000), ____ (1998)
jeffgdula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #130
j_coyster
Telegraph User

Phone: Instinct
SU$: 1,087
Quote:
Right now, our next berry will be the Tour in January... Unless Sprint is holding out on me (which I doubt). But, I'm still holding out hope that we might get a BOLD or STORM varient before that, but there is still no chatter on that front. I'm still kicking around the idea of just buying a Storm and flashing [to Sprint] it myself, but I might loose all my Sprint apps. Sprint says that they will activate an unlocked berry for me, but they cannot promise that my Sprint apps will work and my TEP will be useless if I do!

I really don't know where you're getting your information from but the Tour will be released in mid July for VZW and 30-60 days later for sprint. VZW just put out a press release stating the phones being released in the next 6 months which are the Storm 3, Palm Pre, and Blackberry Tour. Many insiders from VZW have said the Tour release date will be in July (most likely the 13th) and sprint is typically 30-60 days behind when it comes to Blackberries. Also, if you look at the Sprint 3g Roadmap for 2009, you will see the Blackberry Niagara/Tour for the 3rd quarter. I asked my Sprint Rep and he confirmed that it will be released in the 3rd quarter of 2009.
j_coyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #131
jessep28
That's Numberwang!

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 68,326
I wouldn't trust a phone CSR to give me the correct time of day, let alone valid information pertaining to a device release date.
jessep28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #132
j_coyster
Telegraph User

Phone: Instinct
SU$: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28 View Post
I wouldn't trust a phone CSR to give me the correct time of day, let alone valid information pertaining to a device release date.

When i said sprint rep, i was not referring to a phone CSR, I work for sprint and i work with various sprint representatives.
j_coyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #133
NASCAR14FAN
PINs 3240AC23 & 32FD2D8B

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_coyster View Post
I really don't know where you're getting your information from but the Tour will be released in mid July for VZW and 30-60 days later for sprint. VZW just put out a press release stating the phones being released in the next 6 months which are the Storm 3, Palm Pre, and Blackberry Tour. Many insiders from VZW have said the Tour release date will be in July (most likely the 13th) and sprint is typically 30-60 days behind when it comes to Blackberries. Also, if you look at the Sprint 3g Roadmap for 2009, you will see the Blackberry Niagara/Tour for the 3rd quarter. I asked my Sprint Rep and he confirmed that it will be released in the 3rd quarter of 2009.
And I don't know where you are getting your information! You seem to be a little ahead of yourself I think you mean the Storm 2 not "3"!

Here are a few things you need to keep in mind before you krap on anything anyone says on this forum:

1-This is a free forum where we state our own speculation from our own sources.

2- Keep in mind that just because Verizon says something is so doesn't mean that it is! Verizon doesn't yet rule the world (yet)

3- Know what you are talking about to (i.e Storm 3?)

4- There is no way on gods green earth that Verizon will allow Sprint to get any new Blackberry 30-60 days after they do. Now I maybe wrong, but Verizon has Sprint but the nose and is kicking it in the ass right now. i do not see it!

I call Sprint every 2 weeks to get info on new berries, cause I want to buy a new one ASAFP! With that said January 2010 is what I have been hearing from people in Sprint for the last month or so...

Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #134
deebrown

I would hope if Sprint cant get the Tour they would get a 3G version of the 8900. I really do not want a Pre or Instinct (dash) but will purchase if there is nothing else. Im a Premier customer who has been eligible for an upgrade since February. There is simply nothing like a blackberry. Its my first one so I am hooked. I would even be happy with the Gemini. Give me an option Sprint!!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:28 AM   #135
WhineandMoan
Telephone User

I am thinking it will be 2010 before we see one also. VZW can't sell any of the phones Sprint is rolling out for almost 6 months, so I will bet the Tour won't be available for the same time period for Sprint. I am just speculating, but I can see that happening. I did get a good deal on 2 new 8830's in sealed boxes, 50 bucks a piece with no contract. They were on EB and the guy put them in the home audio section. None one bid but me
Needed a phone with GSM and didn't want to be tied to a contract with Sprint for 2 years in case I bail to another provider.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > RIM BlackBerry Phones > Upcoming BlackBerries for Sprint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: