Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #46
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenchode View Post
When did the VZW curve come out compared to the Sprint curve? Two weeks or something if I remember correctly? And wasn't Sprint suppose to get it first but got hooked on hardware problems?

I just want the world roaming. And it would be even sweeter if it can be unlocked so I can pop in a diff sim card when I travel.

I think it was like 2-3 weeks...

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #47
Q Status
Telephone User

Phone: 8330 + 8130
SU$: 1,818
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Right now Sprint has no phones coming out that really interest me.. Nothing on the WM side or the 9630 coming in Q3
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #48
ncscotts
Telegraph User

Phone: Curve 8830
SU$: 679
Sprint will likely be getting the "Pearl Flip" at some point this summer. It hasn't been marketed particularly well, but the hardware and software is a relatively big improvement over the original Pearl. It is a fully functional BlackBerry with the form factor of a flip phone.

Also, the prototypes are already out for the next generation CDMA BlackBerry. It is shaped a little bit differently than the GSM Bold, but the keyboard is very similar. Here's what I know:
-WiFi
-3.2 MP camera
-"World phone" functionality like the 8830
-form factor looks kind of like a cross between the Bold and the Curve - the next gen GSM phone will be very similar - essentially, the Bold is being skipped for CDMA
-should be available on Sprint some time this Fall - no word if Verizon will be getting it at the same time, before, or after

All this stuff is in flight and could prove wildly untrue. I do not work for RIM or Sprint. I know some people who know some people, and that's about it.
ncscotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #49
bubbatex
Wasting too much time on forums

Phone: uh.....
Trades: 1
SU$: 12,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncscotts View Post
Sprint will likely be getting the "Pearl Flip" at some point this summer. It hasn't been marketed particularly well, but the hardware and software is a relatively big improvement over the original Pearl. It is a fully functional BlackBerry with the form factor of a flip phone.

Also, the prototypes are already out for the next generation CDMA BlackBerry. It is shaped a little bit differently than the GSM Bold, but the keyboard is very similar. Here's what I know:
-WiFi
-3.2 MP camera
-"World phone" functionality like the 8830
-form factor looks kind of like a cross between the Bold and the Curve - the next gen GSM phone will be very similar - essentially, the Bold is being skipped for CDMA
-should be available on Sprint some time this Fall - no word if Verizon will be getting it at the same time, before, or after

All this stuff is in flight and could prove wildly untrue. I do not work for RIM or Sprint. I know some people who know some people, and that's about it.
Your people are a little late, BGR already has picts and short review: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...review-part-1/

Just hope Sprint keeps WiFi in as Verizon is certainly not.
bubbatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #50
Eyecon82
Account Inactive

Phone: BB Tour 9630
SU$: 19,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncscotts View Post

there are reports that verizon may get this phone in may

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...ireless-n-may/

and according to the leaked roadmap, spring will get it in q3....better late than never i guess
Eyecon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #51
george-harrison
Two Cans & String User

Phone: nokia
SU$: 40
I have no idea..............
george-harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:58 PM   #52
gbean
Telegraph User

Phone: M610
SU$: 185
Cant wait. Hope it isnt as Ho-hum mediocre as the Storm is proving to be.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #53
Tarhonky
Firefighter till I die!!!!!!!!

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy TRE
Trades: 3
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 13,121
Send a message via ICQ to Tarhonky Send a message via AIM to Tarhonky Send a message via MSN to Tarhonky Send a message via Yahoo to Tarhonky
I got a PIN message from a buddy of mine saying the 9630 IS confirmed and set to drop july sometime. VZW has a 60 day exclusive but sprints version has WIFI.

Just the messenger...... and he is NEVER wrong!

WOODY

IX-XI-MMI NEVER FORGET!!!

PS3: WOODYTH
Tarhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #54
WVUCRUISER
Telephone User

Phone: BB TOUR
SU$: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhonky View Post
I got a PIN message from a buddy of mine saying the 9630 IS confirmed and set to drop july sometime. VZW has a 60 day exclusive but sprints version has WIFI.

WOODY
Right when my contract expires... .oh please oh please!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #55
ChaosShadow
Telephone User

Mood: Cool
Phone: iP4S & BB 9930
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarhonky View Post

WOODY
Not to rain on the parade... but, where is your buddy getting that information from? Is it a reliable source?

I just hope this isn't like when we waited (ever so impatiently) for the Sprint 4.5 release, and there were new rumored release dates every week or so.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #56
gbean
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosShadow View Post
Not to rain on the parade... but, where is your buddy getting that information from? Is it a reliable source?

I just hope this isn't like when we waited (ever so impatiently) for the Sprint 4.5 release, and there were new rumored release dates every week or so.
One can only hope its correct info.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #57
bubbatex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosShadow View Post

Look at post 43 in this thread - and we have seen preliminary reviews of the device coming to Verizon on BGR & Crackberry. So indications are a new BB is coming in late Q3 or early Q4 (I'll still wait to believe wifi when I see it!). New devices in the pipeline are different from software upgrades.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #58
gbean
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
Look at post 43 in this thread - and we have seen preliminary reviews of the device coming to Verizon on BGR & Crackberry. So indications are a new BB is coming in late Q3 or early Q4 (I'll still wait to believe wifi when I see it!). New devices in the pipeline are different from software upgrades.
I agree w/ the Wifi. Seems sprint likes to cripple the sh|t out of their equipment with firmware limitations. Remember the Treo 600 & bluetooth? I worked for Sprint business sales back then. They fought bluetooth until they saw people leaving for it.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #59
bubbatex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
I agree w/ the Wifi. Seems sprint likes to cripple the sh|t out of their equipment with firmware limitations. Remember the Treo 600 & bluetooth? I worked for Sprint business sales back then. They fought bluetooth until they saw people leaving for it.
Yep, but times have changed. As far as CDMA goes, Sprint makes VZW look like a dinosaur now! I think Sprint is starting to realize that new devices are a revenue driver, they just have to weigh out the delivery vs operatibility - you want to get it to market market ASAP but you don't want another dog.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #60
Eyecon82
Account Inactive

Phone: BB Tour 9630
SU$: 19,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
sprint is an angel compared with verizon's crippling
Eyecon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > RIM BlackBerry Phones > Upcoming BlackBerries for Sprint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: