Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10399 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #136
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgal View Post
Hello,
I had a F & F SERO 1250 plan for $49.99. I needed to add phone as modem for $15 and CS said I would have to add a $30 for something and then $15 for the phone as modem and suggested that I got the Everything Data 450 for 69.99. I thought it seemed good til reading this thread tonight. It looks like if I just stayed, I could have gotten the everything data 500 for 59.99. I only did this a couple of days ago. Do you think I could call them and cancel this plan and tell them I want my SERO plan back? Complain that I was not told about the SEP change and want my plan to go to that?l

Please give me some advice and numbers I could call.

Thank you so much

K

The only ones that know if it can be done or not is Sprint CS themselves. Call *2 from your cell phone and asked to be transferred to Employee Accounts. If they can't revert your plan back to your old SERO one (or new EPRP 500), then maybe a supervisor can, or Account Services. No guarantee you can get it back though (especially if it already took effect and you're using a "SERO-restricted" phone).

Worse comes to worse, if absolutely NOTHING can be done, then consider adding on a 15% Student Discount (if you're a student at a qualifying university/college), or 10% Credit Union Discount (just open an account at a Credit Union somewhere... most are free), or 10% AOL Discount (just get an AOL e-mail address online for free, then call Sprint CS and have the discount applied). It may not be AS good of a deal as EPRP, but it'll be pretty close!

Last edited by chokaay; 05-02-2010 at 10:35 AM.
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #137
diveborg
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 1
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 27,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktekniq View Post
which number did you call to do this?
You can change from a SERO plan to any of the Everything Plus (Individual or Family) rate plans. In order to change your rate plan, please email everythingreferral@sprint.com or call Sprint Care at 888-876-8381.

That's the number I called.
noktekniq (05-02-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #138
noktekniq
Cordless Phone User

Phone: TP1 & DIA1
SU$: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokaay View Post
The only ones that know if it can be done or not is Sprint CS themselves. Call *2 from your cell phone and asked to be transferred to Employee Accounts. If they can't revert your plan back to your old SERO one (or new EPRP 500), then maybe a supervisor can, or Account Services. No guarantee you can get it back though (especially if it already took effect and you're using a "SERO-restricted" phone).

Worse comes to worse, if absolutely NOTHING can be done, then consider adding on a 15% Student Discount (if you're a student at a qualifying university/college), or 10% Credit Union Discount (just open an account at a Credit Union somewhere... most are free), or 10% AOL Discount (just get an AOL e-mail address online for free, then call Sprint CS and have the discount applied). It may not be AS good of a deal as EPRP, but it'll be pretty close!
those discounts don't apply on eprp right?
MADE IN TAIWAN, therefore I support HTC
noktekniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #139
bruinhoo
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Touch Pro 2
SU$: 18,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktekniq View Post
those discounts don't apply on eprp right?
Correct.
bruinhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #140
LordJezo
Telephone User

SU$: 1,222
Is 1600 minutes the smallest share plan for two lines on the EPRP program?
LordJezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #141
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJezo View Post
Is 1600 minutes the smallest share plan for two lines on the EPRP program?

Yes.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #142
phisbaloo
Telegraph User

Mood: Worried
Phone: Moto V3M
My Mood: Worried
SU$: 129
What are my chances.....

of getting on to the EPRP Share from a Family Talk plan with extras while keeping my numbers???
phisbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #143
diveborg
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 27,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisbaloo View Post
of getting on to the EPRP Share from a Family Talk plan with extras while keeping my numbers???
I think they are practically zero if you ask sprint will allow you to just change plans.

I think your only option is to port your numbers out which will cancel your current lines and close your account, then open a new account and port your numbers back. You'll have to pay ETF if you aren't currently out of contract.

If you are a credit union member, you can get a minimum of 10% off the regular Everything plans. Alternately, employees of many companies also qualify for a % discount.

Last edited by diveborg; 05-19-2010 at 09:07 AM.
diveborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #144
phisbaloo
Telegraph User

Mood: Worried
Phone: Moto V3M
My Mood: Worried
SU$: 129
So the issue wouldn't be getting on the EPRP, it would be keeping my number, correct??
phisbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #145
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisbaloo View Post
So the issue wouldn't be getting on the EPRP, it would be keeping my number, correct??

It would be both. If you are a CURRENT NON-SERO customer and you want to switch to EPRP, you will need to:

1) Open a NEW account using a NEW Social Security Number (maybe your Mom's, Dad's, etc) and pass a NEW credit check,

-OR-

2) Cancel or port your existing accounts to another carrier... wait 90 days (or whatever the waiting period is with Sprint for them to consider you a new customer)... then open a NEW EPRP account with Sprint (and port your numbers back if you want them still).

-OR-

3) Ask Sprint CS really really really nicely and hope they let you switch to EPRP (extremely YMMV but I've heard of them offering to switch customers to EPRP under certain circumstances... no word on if the switch went through or not though... the posters didn't report back so it may not work at all).

But like Diveborg said, the EASIEST way to pay less with Sprint in your case would be to apply an applicable discount (ie: corporate, student, credit union, etc). If your discount is more than 15%, you could in fact save MORE than EPRP...
Old 05-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #146
psixichka
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 2,151
Quote:
It would be both. If you are a CURRENT NON-SERO customer and you want to switch to EPRP, you will need to:

1) Open a NEW account using a NEW Social Security Number (maybe your Mom's, Dad's, etc) and pass a NEW credit check,

-OR-

2) Cancel or port your existing accounts to another carrier... wait 90 days (or whatever the waiting period is with Sprint for them to consider you a new customer)... then open a NEW EPRP account with Sprint (and port your numbers back if you want them still).

-OR-

3) Ask Sprint CS really really really nicely and hope they let you switch to EPRP (extremely YMMV but I've heard of them offering to switch customers to EPRP under certain circumstances... no word on if the switch went through or not though... the posters didn't report back so it may not work at all).

But like Diveborg said, the EASIEST way to pay less with Sprint in your case would be to apply an applicable discount (ie: corporate, student, credit union, etc). If your discount is more than 15%, you could in fact save MORE than EPRP...
hhhmmm my corp discount is 23% so you are right it's easier indeed to open a reg 4 line fam line
psixichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #147
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
hhhmmm my corp discount is 23% so you are right it's easier indeed to open a reg 4 line fam line

Yup... and CHEAPER too!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #148
psixichka
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 2,151
Quote:
Yup... and CHEAPER too!
except i lose all numbers
psixichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #149
lebronville
Telephone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 1,119
will the $10/month surcharge for the EVO 4G apply to EPRP plans?
lebronville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #150
turningwolf
SprintUsers Rock!

Phone: IPhone 4S
SU$: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebronville View Post
will the $10/month surcharge for the EVO 4G apply to EPRP plans?
Yes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: