Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10399 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #181
w7excursion
Hit Boy

Phone: Blk N4 & Wht S4
Trades: 10
SU$: 116,505
The plans?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #182
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensystemsgo View Post
i must be doing something wrong as i get the same prices as the normal sprint prices despite using russ' info on http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp

Follow the directions in the first post of this thread, and you should be directed to the correct page. EPRP plans are in increments of 500 and 1000 minutes for individual lines, and 1600 and 3200 minutes for family plans (and are cheaper than regular lines by about 15%). Regular Sprint plans are in increments of 450 and 900 minutes for individual lines, and 1500 and 3000 minutes for family plans.
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #183
greensystemsgo
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
The plans?
my bad i didn't notice all the different plans in relation to their titles. The Simply everything is the same. where as the Everything Plus™ Data - with Any Mobile, Anytime has the perks. for only 60 a month for 500 minutes, comparable to the seventy a month for 450 minutes. Ill probally be gettin that plan then, and simply add my google voice business number as the home number. and purchase insurance. I need to do some comparing as i can get 18% off becaue of where my folks work.
greensystemsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #184
TechGuru
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: APPLE IPHONE 6
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 7,702
Send a message via ICQ to TechGuru Send a message via Skype™ to TechGuru
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensystemsgo View Post
i must be doing something wrong as i get the same prices as the normal sprint prices despite using russ' info on http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp

Are you referring to phones or plans?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #185
ipodtouch12345
Two Cans & String User

Phone: razr
SU$: 84
I currently have the regular no discount sprint everything data family share plan with 1500 minutes. I pay $130 a month for 1500 minutes and the 2 included lines plus $40 more for my 2 additional lines on the plan. That comes to a grand total of $170 for 4 lines on an everything data family plan. Could I add a line to my account and switch to the EPRP. If I added a line through the EPRP, I would pay $110 for the 2 included lines and 1600 minutes. I would then pay an additional $45 dollars for 3 additional lines (even though I wouldn't really have any use for the third line). That would come to a total of $155. I would be paying $15 dollars a month less, I would get an additional 100 minutes, and an additional line. Can I do this even though I'm a current sprint customer?
ipodtouch12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #186
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
I currently have the regular no discount sprint everything data family share plan with 1500 minutes. I pay $130 a month for 1500 minutes and the 2 included lines plus $40 more for my 2 additional lines on the plan. That comes to a grand total of $170 for 4 lines on an everything data family plan. Could I add a line to my account and switch to the EPRP. If I added a line through the EPRP, I would pay $110 for the 2 included lines and 1600 minutes. I would then pay an additional $45 dollars for 3 additional lines (even though I wouldn't really have any use for the third line). That would come to a total of $155. I would be paying $15 dollars a month less, I would get an additional 100 minutes, and an additional line. Can I do this even though I'm a current sprint customer?

I don't believe so... but it doesn't hurt to ask!
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #187
ipodtouch12345
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokaay View Post
I don't believe so... but it doesn't hurt to ask!
Even if I added a new line to my plan, I couldn't switch?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #188
Chewieez
Telephone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 1,340
Quote:
I could be mistaken, but I believe you would need to go through the EPRP site and setup a new account and get ALL new phone numbers. Sprint will make it very hard to save and/or port your numbers over from an existing account. I'm sure it's not impossible. I was able to save my number and add SERO to it but it took about 2 weeks of phone calls and lots of talking.

The main point of these plans is to get new subscribers for Sprint so they don't want to let someone who is already on Sprint convert to a EPRP plan. They want you to get an additional line, meaning a new phone number.

Though in the end it always seems that nothing is impossible with Sprint. It all comes down to who you talk to and how nice that person is feeling.
Chewieez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #189
ipodtouch12345
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewieez View Post
I could be mistaken, but I believe you would need to go through the EPRP site and setup a new account and get ALL new phone numbers. Sprint will make it very hard to save and/or port your numbers over from an existing account. I'm sure it's not impossible. I was able to save my number and add SERO to it but it took about 2 weeks of phone calls and lots of talking.

The main point of these plans is to get new subscribers for Sprint so they don't want to let someone who is already on Sprint convert to a EPRP plan. They want you to get an additional line, meaning a new phone number.

Though in the end it always seems that nothing is impossible with Sprint. It all comes down to who you talk to and how nice that person is feeling.
I have 4 lines of service currently. If I added a fifth line with a new phone number, could I get EPRP. It says on the EPRP site:
"I am an existing Sprint customer. Can I change my existing rate plan to an Everything Plus rate plan?
No. Everything Plus rate plans are available for new lines of service only. New customers to Sprint and existing customers who are activating a new line of service are eligible for an Everything Plus rate plan"

If I added a fifth phone line, wouldn't that be activating a new line of service?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #190
Chewieez
Telephone User

Quote:

If I added a fifth phone line, wouldn't that be activating a new line of service?
I see what you're asking. I think you're going to run into problems trying to put that 5th line into a Family plan. You'll probably have to setup an additional singe-line and choose a plan for it. I don't think you'll be able to add a 5th line, that's EPRP, to your existing family plan (that isn't a EPRP family plan).

You'll have the choice of changing your entire family plan to a EPRP plan and get all new phone numbers or setting up 1 single new plan that is not a family plan on EPRP.

If your current family plan is not out-of-contract it will also complicate the matter. If you want to setup a new EPRP Family plan with new phone numbers, you'd then need to cancel your existing family plan. If you're still in a contract, you'd need to pay the fee to get out.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #191
SF Steven
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung Moment
SU$: 46
OK, I'm *sure* this has been answered, but after reading through 13 pages of this topic, my head is spinning, so please be kind.

My friend is on a regular Everything Plus Data plan (450 minutes/$69.99 month):

1. can she change to an EPRP plan (500 minutes/$59.99 month)?
2. if so,
a. does she have to wait for her current contract to end or can she change plans *during* her current contract?
b. can she keep her current phone number or will she have to get a new one?

Again, sorry for being dense but I don't want to give my friend bad advice...I'm afraid of her.

<LOL>

Thanks all!

SF Steven
SF Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #192
Chewieez
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Steven View Post
OK, I'm *sure* this has been answered, but after reading through 13 pages of this topic, my head is spinning, so please be kind.

My friend is on a regular Everything Plus Data plan (450 minutes/$69.99 month):

1. can she change to an EPRP plan (500 minutes/$59.99 month)?
2. if so,
a. does she have to wait for her current contract to end or can she change plans *during* her current contract?
b. can she keep her current phone number or will she have to get a new one?
1. She can only get on the EPRP plan if she starts a NEW line, with a NEW phone number.

A. She will need to leave her old account behind to move to an EPRP. If she is currently in contract, she will need to pay the fee to get out. If she is out of contract then she just needs to cancel service.

B. No she will not be able to keep her current phone number. The EPRP plans are only for new customers or current customers who are start NEW lines of service, with NEW phone numbers.

Of course there is a chance you will be able to find a Sprint Rep who will make it work with keeping your old number. BUT you will need to spend quite a bit of time on the phone. It is not allowed according to the rules and from what I've heard, it's much harder to do now than years past with SERO.

She could try to go the long route of canceling her Spring service. Then porting her number over to a pre-paid account like VirginMobile or something. Wait a month or so, then start a EPRP plan and then try to get them to port her number in from the pre-paid account. You would be out a month of cell bills and it may not work but it's an option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chewieez For This Useful Post:
SF Steven (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #193
SF Steven
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung Moment
SU$: 46
WOW!

OK, 2 things: one, EEEEEK! and two, THANKS!

I appreciate your help with this and especially the suggestions for gettting around this - while I'd be game to try both options, she's much less adventurous and would probably choose something like beating me with a stick instead.
Chewieez (08-20-2010)
Old 08-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #194
diveborg
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 1
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 27,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewieez View Post
1. She can only get on the EPRP plan if she starts a NEW line, with a NEW phone number.
OR if she already has a SERO line, which she doesn't. Regular lines can't change plans to the EPRP plans.

If she waits until she's out of contract, she can port her number to a cheap prepaid phone (t-mobile is a good choice), then she can open a new EPRP line and port her number back.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #195
TechGuru
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: APPLE IPHONE 6
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 7,702
Send a message via ICQ to TechGuru Send a message via Skype™ to TechGuru
I'm on SERO, is it possible for me to add a line with the same plan then have that person take over that line in their own name?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: