Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #106
boomhower
Digital PCS User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: 4S ordered
Trades: 5
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 31,956
It is just a driver like on your PC, not a program. In theory is will improve the graphics performance of the phone. When I install cab's I install them to the device. I keep the cabs themselves on internal storage for easy reinstallation after a flash but actually install them to the device. It has more than enough memory to hold a boatload of program without needing to install to internal storage.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #107
MDhtcDiamond
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Touch Diamond
SU$: 99
but is there any settings for it, or does it just improve things by installing it. Basically, everytime I click on the cab file to try and do something with it, it just tries to install it again, asking if I want to overwrite the previous cab. I haven't noticed any difference atleast..
MDhtcDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #108
w7excursion
Hit Boy

Phone: Blk N4 & Wht S4
Trades: 10
SU$: 116,505
They install and you dont have to do anything. If you dont notice any difference then remove it to free up memory. I didnt notice anything with the diamond drivers but did with the omnia drivers. Not everyone has the same stuff on there phone so results will vary.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #109
MDhtcDiamond
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Touch Diamond
SU$: 99
what about the diamond crystal clock, It's acting the same as the ati in not knowing if it actually installed or not, only it's pretty obvious with the clock, and it hasn't changed after it did the auto reset. is there something I have to do once i installed the clock cab to have it change?
MDhtcDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #110
w7excursion
Hit Boy

Phone: Blk N4 & Wht S4
Trades: 10
SU$: 116,505
Sounds like you forgot something. I cant say for sure because I used a different clock. I had to install the sprint2flip cab to get my clear one to work.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #111
boomhower
Digital PCS User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: 4S ordered
Trades: 5
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 31,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDhtcDiamond View Post
what about the diamond crystal clock, It's acting the same as the ati in not knowing if it actually installed or not, only it's pretty obvious with the clock, and it hasn't changed after it did the auto reset. is there something I have to do once i installed the clock cab to have it change?

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling it. I haven't had any issues with it. Just installed the clock and it worked.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #112
Perveeus
Account Inactive

Phone: HTC TP2
SU$: 4,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDhtcDiamond View Post
Try asking over @ ppcgeeks. They can help u faster & more details.
Perveeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #113
huynhc
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 790
Updated on 02/01/09

Sorry but I will add descriptions to what I added later. Been really busy. Take a look at the zip for now and play around with it. Remmeber to backup before you install anything. Best of luck!
huynhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #114
skillzout
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTC touch PRO
SU$: 41
Send a message via AIM to skillzout
soooooooooooo i don't consider my self a total noob with the HTC touch pro... butttttt, what is sky fire?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #115
Brodizzel
Glory, Glory Man United!

Mood: Blah
Phone: Galaxy Note II
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 3,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzout View Post
soooooooooooo i don't consider my self a total noob with the HTC touch pro... butttttt, what is sky fire?
A browser.

Samsung A900 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond >
Blackberry Tour > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Evo 4G >
iPhone 4S > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Galaxy Note II
Brodizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #116
skillzout
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTC touch PRO
SU$: 41
Send a message via AIM to skillzout
haha yeah i checked it out. im sorry but skyfire is not a very good program :/ perhaps it's my connection? i don't know. but i don't like it too much
Old 03-11-2009, 01:36 AM   #117
fakeguy

Mood: Aggressive
Phone: EVO
Trades: 1
My Mood: Aggressive
SU$: 7,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzout View Post
haha yeah i checked it out. im sorry but skyfire is not a very good program :/ perhaps it's my connection? i don't know. but i don't like it too much
Don't worry about it. Im not a newb or expert but I wasn't nuts over Skyfire either. I wonder if I can get Bolt on here...
fakeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #118
Meadow
Telephone User

Phone: SCP-8400
SU$: 267
I am trying to re-install NETCF 3.5 on my brand new Diamond (my third). When doing the install the Diamond says I need 6609 KB and I only have 2352 KB available. Is there any way to install this to the Internal Storage or anything I can take off to get this to work?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #119
sfxc13
Cellular Phone User

Phone: TP2
SU$: 9,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I am trying to re-install NETCF 3.5 on my brand new Diamond (my third). When doing the install the Diamond says I need 6609 KB and I only have 2352 KB available. Is there any way to install this to the Internal Storage or anything I can take off to get this to work?
Pretty sure it needs to be on the device not internal storage. There is a lot you can take off (some of which is locked on the device by the Sprint Rom thus it would require you to flash another ROM.) I highly recommend you go check out the ROMS over at ppcgeeks which will give you much more space available and NETCF 3.5 already pre-installed. (you will have to unlock your phone before flashing a ROM.)
sfxc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #120
scottspa74
Telegraph User

Phone: htc diamond
SU$: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perveeus View Post
To get a better set of status taskbar icons I chose the option 2 cab here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...02&postcount=5

Includes all of notification icons you see.
Makes the phone slicker than it already is.
I checked this link and really liked what i saw. I DL'd the zip, and I see 3 cabs, one is for certs. Does this cab in the zip act like any other cab (i.e. auto install where they need to go)? I didn't see any instruction at that site.

For that matter, there's another link in this thread to xda for changing start menu icon, but that thread says something about changing 'shellres.96.dll', but in my /windows directory (not REGED) all i can find is 'shellresApp.96'. Anyone know if theycre the same? Bottom line, I'd LOVE to change my start menu icon to HTC icon. Anyone help a bit, please?

One last thing: anyone using 'no curtains'? If so, does it affect opera, can you still see the bottom icons or top in opera?

Sorry so many issues here, but thanks mass for any help.

Last edited by scottspa74; 06-16-2009 at 11:01 PM.
scottspa74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Some Essential cabs for your diamond/pro!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: