Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
NovaCrystallis
Sprint User

SU$: 623
Just sold Touch Pro 1...What do I do next?

Okay so I sold my Touch Pro. I am planning on transfering all my numbers to an old phone until I buy the new iPhone 3G S this Thursday or Friday. However I'm not sure what else I need to do before I ship it.

How do I erase all the information on their once I've backed up all my numbers?

And what's this I hear about ESN? How do I ensure that the buyer will have NO PROBLEMS getting service on this phone? I plan on transferring my number from the Touch Pro to my old crappy flip phone but I don't know if there's anything else I need to know about.

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.
NovaCrystallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCrystallis View Post
Okay so I sold my Touch Pro. I am planning on transfering all my numbers to an old phone until I buy the new iPhone 3G S this Thursday or Friday. However I'm not sure what else I need to do before I ship it.

How do I erase all the information on their once I've backed up all my numbers?

And what's this I hear about ESN? How do I ensure that the buyer will have NO PROBLEMS getting service on this phone? I plan on transferring my number from the Touch Pro to my old crappy flip phone but I don't know if there's anything else I need to know about.

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do a hard reset to the phone. You can just go into settings and then click on "clear storage" That is one way. If the phone works fine just do it like that. Then as soon as you activate the other phone you have on your line, then the TP ESN will be deactivated and ready for the new owner to activate.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
NovaCrystallis
Sprint User

SU$: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
Do a hard reset to the phone. You can just go into settings and then click on "clear storage" That is one way. If the phone works fine just do it like that. Then as soon as you activate the other phone you have on your line, then the TP ESN will be deactivated and ready for the new owner to activate.
Thanks. So basically do the reset and leave the phone off until I go into the BB Mobile to switch everything over to the new one.

And then as they are switching everything over to the new one, the Touch Pro's ESN will be deactivated and everything ready for him to use right?
NovaCrystallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Z24Dawg89
Telephone User

Phone: Note II
SU$: 1,145
thats right!
Z24Dawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
yep, that is correct.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Just sold Touch Pro 1...What do I do next?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: