Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
GeoGoGo
Telephone User

Phone: Sanyo SCP-8400
SU$: 750
Error 495 when trying to download apps

Hi Everyone,

I have run into an issue trying to download apps from the Play store. It will appear that it is downloading for about 30 minutes; then it will give error 495.

My S3 is stock rooted and my girlfriend is having the same issue with her stock S3. If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the time, everyone! Have a great day!
GeoGoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
UVAWahoo
Telegraph User

Phone: SamsungGalaxyS3
SU$: 727
I had something similar happen to me a while back. I fixed it by going into Settings and opening the Google menu item (under subheader of "Accounts"), then selecting your gmail account, and then selecting at the bottom "Remove account". Then, I powered down and restarted my phone and re-entered my gmail account. Afterward, my Play store account worked again. Good luck.
UVAWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy SIII > Error 495 when trying to download apps

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: