Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
ms.phat985
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 136
Sprint Iphone 4 Activation/Setup

I've just received my iphone 4 today from Sprint and I've tried activating it by calling different Sprint departments but they said I need wi-fi connection or itunes in order to activate it but the problem is, I don't have neither but u wanted to know is there a way that I can activate the phone without using neither the itunes and wi-fi?
ms.phat985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #2

SU$: 0
you cant, once the phone is active on your line it requires wifi or itunes to do the final setup
Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
identity
Telegraph User

Phone: 4s 32gb White
SU$: 381
No. The iphone is an Apple product and you need itunes to set it up properly. There is no other way! Just download it on your computer, assuming you have one lol! You're going to need itunes no matter what you plan to do with your phone unless you don't plan to sync it at all with your music or videos etc. You also can't use wireless sync because you have to set it up on itunes first so just get itunes on your computer.
identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
paulrotc
Telephone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Apple iPhone 5S
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,472
If you don't have a computer or Internet access, go to a Starbucks or mcdonalds or anywhere that has public wifi and activate it.

BTW. How are you posting on this thread?? If you have a wired connection, download iTunes and activate your phone.
paulrotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
ms.phat985
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 136
I'm posting on this thread using my EVO.
ms.phat985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
paulrotc
Telephone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Apple iPhone 5S
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,472
Ahh ok. Well go the free wifi route and you should be good. That or go to a sprint store and see if they can assist.
paulrotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #7

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrotc View Post
Ahh ok. Well go the free wifi route and you should be good. That or go to a sprint store and see if they can assist.
The OP can even go to a sprint store they generally have wifi hotspots on display that could be used to activate (I actually saw them walk a customer through activation using it)
Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,577
If you're anywhere near an Apple Store that would be a good place to go. Not only do they have free WiFi, but they'd be happy to help you get it activated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: