Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
cmcfarling
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung A-620
SU$: 50
SkyDrive 3.02 on HTC Arrive?

I have an HTC Arrive with Windows Phone 7.5. The SkyDrive app that is available via the Marketplace on my phone is v2.2. However v3.02 is available at windowsphone.com and according to the specs it works with WP7.5. If I log into windowsphone.com with my Microsoft ID, the SkyDrive version that is available reverts to v2.2. So it seems that the type of phone I have is being taken into account when showing the list of available apps from Microsoft.

Does anyone have an explanation of why that is and/or any suggestions on how to get v3.02 onto my Arrive?
cmcfarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
JPSmith
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Arrive
SU$: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcfarling View Post
I have an HTC Arrive with Windows Phone 7.5. The SkyDrive app that is available via the Marketplace on my phone is v2.2. However v3.02 is available at windowsphone.com and according to the specs it works with WP7.5. If I log into windowsphone.com with my Microsoft ID, the SkyDrive version that is available reverts to v2.2. So it seems that the type of phone I have is being taken into account when showing the list of available apps from Microsoft.

Does anyone have an explanation of why that is and/or any suggestions on how to get v3.02 onto my Arrive?
Same here, only 2.2 is available to me online and no update notices in Marketplace. 3.0.2 is only bug fixes and I haven't experienced any problems with 2.2. Perhaps the bugs in 2.2 only affect certain devices.
JPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 6S
SU$: 1,601
Skydrive v3.x

Pretty sure I read somewhere that v3.x is for WP8 and v2.x is for WP7, otherwise the app is as similar as it could be, don't expect much as far as future updates for v2.x
Everything Data Share 1500; 6 lines; 19% Corp Disc; N&W @ 6p - $0, no longer that big with Unlimited Loyalty Bonus Minutes; Sprint Open World; Finally have LTE in my area, and for what its worth...in an announced "Carrier Agitation" market. However, still struggling thru the optimization process. Oh yeah, and that premium data thing.

Samsung A920 -> Palm Centro -> HTC TP2 -> HTC Arrive -> iPhone 5S -> iPhone 6S

Last edited by fishhead_soup; 10-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
fishhead_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > SkyDrive 3.02 on HTC Arrive?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: