Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
teeitupmo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: iPhone 4GS
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,811
MMS on Vzw Hangouts w/Sprint GV#?

There is another thread open that is similar that I have participated in, but my issue is very specific...so I wanted to open another thread. Moderator don't delete thread, assuming it is a duplicate thread. 😊

For those using Verizon Androids....Has anyone got receiving MMS to successfully work in Hangouts, with your Sprint (fully integrated) GV# ? I can send...it creates a link...which is weird and old school...but it works. Receiving a MMS doesn't work at all.

I am specifically talking about using a Verizon android with a Sprint GV# that's integrated and Hangouts turned on. Nothing else. 😊

I have gotten past all the quarks and bugs discussed in the other thread.

For 2+ years I have used my Verizon S3 and now S4 with Google Voice (Sprint#) to get all calls and texts from my Sprint#. Worked flawlessly! Obviously never had MMS with this setup, but that was OK, I managed.

With the new Hangouts/Google Voice merge, I was hoping Hangouts could handle MMS as well.

For those of you that got MMS. working, did you have to create a new APN? All the Hangouts built in APNs didn't work.

Yes.. I have set up everything correctly. :-)

Anyone got some other ideas? Did I moss something or is receiving MMS on Verizon still not working?
teeitupmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Verizon Discussion > MMS on Vzw Hangouts w/Sprint GV#?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: