Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
KTee
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Iphone
Trades: 10
SU$: 9,551
Best Verizon deal for data now?

My sister has a shared plan with UNL talk and text but only 300MB with a non- smart phone. If she gets the iphone4s, I am guessing she might need more data added because she doesn't have wifi at home. She thinks she won't use much data, but she's never had a smart phone. But maybe she won't... She's trying to save money as well. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
KTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
PhoneJunkie
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Verizon Note 5
SU$: 454
To get the most out of her iPhone she is going to need more data especially if there is no wifi at home. The only way to save money on Verizon is to sacrifice using a lot of data. To use my Verizon smartphone in a manner that I would like to comfortably I would need 6gb which costs $80. This is with using wifi at home. I have since decided that I was no longer going to pay these outrages costs and dropped down to to 250mb plan for $25. I use my home wifi, work wifi, and any other wifi I can use. I only use my Verizon data when I absolutely have to. When I was with Sprint I only used at max about 2.5 gb with the same type of usage but maybe because it was 3G instead of 4g.
PhoneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneJunkie For This Useful Post:
KTee (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
KTee
Cordless Phone User

She thinks she will only take or send a picture at times, and look up a number or address once in a while. She doesn't use email now, so maybe she will be a low data user? I just told her 1G was better than the 300MB, although I've learned there is a plan that would give her 2G for the same price as 1, if she can get that one. Will Verizon send an alert when you are reaching your data limit? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
PhoneJunkie
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Verizon Note 5
SU$: 454
Yes Verizon will send you a text and email when you hit 50%,75% and then again if you are about to go over. Have her be careful that her apps don't update automatically while using Verizon data and be wary of apps that run in the background that use data. I normally just keep my Verizon data turned off and leave it on wifi unless I have to use data from my plan. Otherwise there are settings and tweaks to control app behavior.

Last edited by PhoneJunkie; 02-24-2014 at 03:59 PM.
PhoneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneJunkie For This Useful Post:
KTee (02-25-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
teeitupmo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: iPhone 4GS
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,811
If your sister is on an individual plan, Verizon has this unadvertised plan that I discovered by snooping on their website.

Unlimited Talk and Text with 1GB of data for $60.

It's awesome! 1GB is plenty for me with all the WIFI spots available.

I still have my kids on Sprint for the Unlimited Data, but I use Verizon for their coverage.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
teeitupmo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teeitupmo For This Useful Post:
KTee (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
KTee
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitupmo View Post
If your sister is on an individual plan, Verizon has this unadvertised plan that I discovered by snooping on their website.

Unlimited Talk and Text with 1GB of data for $60.

It's awesome! 1GB is plenty for me with all the WIFI spots available.

I still have my kids on Sprint for the Unlimited Data, but I use Verizon for their coverage.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
Yes, that is what she switched to last week, and upgraded to a free iphone4s. She loves Verizon. I have a daughter on a sprint unl data, and one on Att unl data plan. Thanks!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Verizon Discussion > Best Verizon deal for data now?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: