Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
lebronville
Telephone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 1,103
Porting # to google voice... opening new SEROP lines. A Few Qs...

My parents are currently on an old $50 family share plan and are out of contract. They've been with Sprint for 10 years. My wife has SERO Premium, and Sprint is allowing her to add 2 SEROP lines to her account for my parents, but of course they will lose their old phone #s. They would very much like to keep their old #s for obvious reasons.

I figured that I could sign them up for google voice and port their current #s over there, cancel, then forward calls to their new #s. When I tried sign up with their current #s, I get this error:

Quote:
Porting your mobile number to Google Voice is unavailable
Your mobile number can not be ported at this time.
- This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support for porting.

Is there any way to get around this?

If I have to port out to a prepaid carrier, how many days to I have to wait to port their # back to Sprint?

Do I have to buy a phone from Sprint when I open the SEROP accounts? My cousin is the manager of a Best Buy and I can get them Photons for $1 if they're eligible for their upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
lebronville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
djinks
not an iPhone user

Mood: Amused
Phone: Touch Diamond
Trades: 3
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 8,964
You can use your existing CDMA phones and port to PagePlus, I believe. Add $10 to each phone for 100 minutes (good for 120 days), then port back to the new lines. You may also be eligible for a porting credit from Sprint on the new lines. Ask about it.
djinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
lebronville
Telephone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 1,103
Thanks for the tip. How long do I have to wait to port back to Sprint? Can I do it instantly?
lebronville is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Porting # to google voice... opening new SEROP lines. A Few Qs...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: