Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,836
picture mail password issues

I haven't been able to login to my picture mail account (pictures.sprintpcs.com) for a few months. I changed my phone # about 3 months ago, and at the time I had a Moto Q9c. It wouldn't let me create a login (I assume due to the phone not HAVING picture mail). I then swapped to a mogul, and the same thing (since it has no pic mail).

I swapped to my razr2 last night, and I still can't create a picture mail password at pictures.sprintpcs.com. It keeps telling me that my phone number is invalid (it did this when I had the q9c and the mogul too, I just assumed it was doing it THEN, because neither phone SUPPORTED pic mail).

I had read that others were having the same problem (with moguls, etc), and swapped to regular PV phones, and were then able to create their password. I can send/receive pics just fine with the razr2, but I need to create the password so I can use the MMS proggie over at ppcgeeks (since you need a password for your picmail account).

I have picture mail on my line, so I'm not sure what is making sprint's system STILL tell me that my phone number is invalid. Any suggestions, before I call them to find out? The last time I called, I got grilled, getting told that I had a phone that didnt support picture mail and that there was no way to set a password, because the system KNOWS what phone you have (could be true, could be BS), either way, I don't HAVE a smartphone/ppc on the line right NOW, so it shouldn't be preventing me from creating the password.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
ms_kinks
Two Cans & String User

Phone: htc touch
SU$: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
I haven't been able to login to my picture mail account (pictures.sprintpcs.com) for a few months. I changed my phone # about 3 months ago, and at the time I had a Moto Q9c. It wouldn't let me create a login (I assume due to the phone not HAVING picture mail). I then swapped to a mogul, and the same thing (since it has no pic mail).

I swapped to my razr2 last night, and I still can't create a picture mail password at pictures.sprintpcs.com. It keeps telling me that my phone number is invalid (it did this when I had the q9c and the mogul too, I just assumed it was doing it THEN, because neither phone SUPPORTED pic mail).

I had read that others were having the same problem (with moguls, etc), and swapped to regular PV phones, and were then able to create their password. I can send/receive pics just fine with the razr2, but I need to create the password so I can use the MMS proggie over at ppcgeeks (since you need a password for your picmail account).

I have picture mail on my line, so I'm not sure what is making sprint's system STILL tell me that my phone number is invalid. Any suggestions, before I call them to find out? The last time I called, I got grilled, getting told that I had a phone that didnt support picture mail and that there was no way to set a password, because the system KNOWS what phone you have (could be true, could be BS), either way, I don't HAVE a smartphone/ppc on the line right NOW, so it shouldn't be preventing me from creating the password.
i know this post is kinda old i'm a newby and i've searched this topic... no answers this is the closest post to my problem,..... i noticed that when my phone is off the animated message says that my account cannot be validated, why is that when i get a bill every month how is it that my account cant be validated, i also tried getting a picturemail password and the message said the my number is not a valid sprint number,....why is that mind u i opened this account maybe about february or march this year, i have the wireless internet on this account also so im a bit confused as to why this would say that my number or accout is invalid.......does anyone have any input?, what am i doing wrong? or not doing?
ms_kinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > picture mail password issues

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: