Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Lotic007
What It Do?

Phone: Blackberry Tour
SU$: 2,345
Picture Mail

Quick question. I am a little confused. When i set up my new plan back in November with Retentions, I was given ulimited vision with pic mail and video mail, but I have just found out ( as you see i don't use pic mail often ) that whenever I try to send pic mail, I get a message saying that I have to subscribe for $5.00 month. Weird thing is that I have people that have sent me pic mail and i have been able to open right away without any message about paying $5.00 month. So i am confused. How am I able to receive pic mail but when i want to send it ask me to subscribe for $5.00 mo? I just hit cancel and send via email through my phone. But i would like to just do the plain way of just using pic mail.
Any one else been told that they have pic mail and when they tried to use they received a message saying that you have to subsribe?
Wondering if this is some kind of default.
Lotic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
jumonjii
Digital PCS User

Phone: a920
SU$: 8,583
Could be a glitch.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Dzalumni
And the home of the SIOUX!

Phone: Treo Pro
Trades: 1
SU$: 11,954
Send a message via AIM to Dzalumni Send a message via Yahoo to Dzalumni
Yep, even if you have pic mail the first time you use it you have to agree to the $5.00 credit, I have not been billed for the $5 in the past, just Sprint's way of making you agree to the picture mail terms and conditions.

Buddy, who knew what your life was like, before you joined our family.You brought, laughter, sunshine and smiles to our family. You are missed. R.I.P my sweet one.
Dzalumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
bjn
Amazingly Awesome

Phone: Treo 755p/blue
SU$: 12,156
Your account might be coded incorrectly. You might want to call *2 and check to make sure that picture mail is set up on your account properly.
bjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
greyuser
Digital PCS User

Phone: Treo 700p
SU$: 31,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzalumni View Post
Yep, even if you have pic mail the first time you use it you have to agree to the $5.00 credit, I have not been billed for the $5 in the past, just Sprint's way of making you agree to the picture mail terms and conditions.
I didn't have Pic Mail included in my plan until recently and I don't believe that the first time I used it I had to agree to the $5.00 charge. Have you called anyone to find out about it?
greyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
Lotic007
What It Do?

no I have not called Sprint. The times that I have called them about certain things they had no clue. Last time I called I had questions about roaming and they tried to offer me vision in which I told them I already had it and they said that they did not see me having it. I told them it must be coded into my plan and they still did not believe me. So I rather not deal with CS. I was just trying to see if that was a default, but maybe I will just not worry about it, I don't use pic mail that often, but retentions had told me that was going to be part of my plan.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
greyuser
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotic007 View Post
no I have not called Sprint. The times that I have called them about certain things they had no clue. Last time I called I had questions about roaming and they tried to offer me vision in which I told them I already had it and they said that they did not see me having it. I told them it must be coded into my plan and they still did not believe me. So I rather not deal with CS. I was just trying to see if that was a default, but maybe I will just not worry about it, I don't use pic mail that often, but retentions had told me that was going to be part of my plan.
Regular CS? Or Account Services?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
Lotic007
What It Do?

regular customer service
Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
greyuser
Digital PCS User

Quote:
regular customer service
Yeah, I've never personally had good experiences with regular customer service. Whenever I've called they've never seemed to be able to help me or know what I'm talking about... I think you'd have much more success (and probably less of a headache) if you called Account or Executive Services.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 AM   #10
Shoshana
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 8,666
Call Tech Support.
Shoshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #11
Lotic007
What It Do?

what I don't understand is why can I receive pic mail but not send unless I agree to pay for the $5 subsciber fee
Old 04-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
greyuser
Digital PCS User

Quote:
what I don't understand is why can I receive pic mail but not send unless I agree to pay for the $5 subsciber fee
Have you called Account or Technical Services yet?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #13

SU$: 0
my girlfriends phone which has a $10 (half price) power vision pro pack /w $10 credit (so free) got prompted for that, i told her just click accept, and that was 6 months ago it still works and we havent gotten charged yet, its just a glitch afik
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #14
greyuser
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW View Post
my girlfriends phone which has a $10 (half price) power vision pro pack /w $10 credit (so free) got prompted for that, i told her just click accept, and that was 6 months ago it still works and we havent gotten charged yet, its just a glitch afik
I had a similiar situation when I had The Sprint Ultimate Power Pack which was supposed to include Unlimited Sprint TV Premier. When I tried to access that feature, it said I needed to pay a subscription fee of $7. I called Tech Assistance and they told me to just click accept and because it's already included in my plan, there wouldn't be a problem...

Well, I did that and there was. Every month I kept getting charged $7. I'd have to keep calling month after month (even if I didn't use the feature) and no one there seemed to know what the problem was. They did keep crediting me the $7 but it was a pain to keep calling in. I finally figured out what the problem was (after having the Ultimate Pack removed) but it was a big headache and was pretty unimpressed that after like 15 calls no one there could figure it out.

Anyway, clicking accept might work, but just be aware that you might have problems. I would suggest calling them to make sure that it you do have Picture Mail included in your plan and that it's properly setup first.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #15
surfsidebeach
Telephone User

Phone: EVO & Optimus T
Trades: 1
SU$: 977
Same issue here.. if I have the $5 vision, do I have pic mail or not? I don't have it either way on my Mogul, but the other four lines are all Centro's and they are getting the $5 message... if they accept will they get charged?

Thanks!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: