Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 14,610
Post More trouble with LightSquared...

LightSquared CEO resigns amid revelations of company’s proximity to Obama White House
by Matthew Boyle
DAILY CALLER
28 February 2012

LightSquared CEO Sanjiv Ahuja abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday amid revelations of his company’s political proximity — and his own closeness — to the White House and Obama administration officials.

The Daily Caller first reported one week ago on emails and documents that indicate political ties and numerous meetings between LightSquared and Obama administration officials as the company was undergoing regulatory review.

Ahuja’s resignation comes after Obama’s FCC suspended conditional approval of a waiver LightSquared needed to complete its high-speed broadband network. Until two weeks ago, the company’s final approval appeared imminent.

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/28/li...#ixzz1nk3ewAgj
ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Obviously those contacts didn't benefit the company. Unless the DOD swaps unused spectrum with LSQ, it seems they are dead.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
variablebinary
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5S AT&T
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 12,462
This is old news about LSQ being up to their necks in Obama crony capitalism.

Obama and Soros have ties to LSQ.
Sprint Touchpoint, Kyocera KWC 2235 (Verizon), Samsung N400, Samsung A920, Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy SII E4GT, Galaxy SII (AT&T), iPhone 4S (AT&T), iPhone 5 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), iPhone 5S (AT&T)

Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
goodiemob
9330 curve 3G

Phone: curve 3G
SU$: 3,202
Bush didn't have cronies?
goodiemob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,401
This move is just rearranging the deck chairs before LS2 goes under. Too bad, it was a good plan and would have been a money maker for Sprint with the hosting deal.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
ccchhhrrriiisss

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion125 View Post
This move is just rearranging the deck chairs before LS2 goes under. Too bad, it was a good plan and would have been a money maker for Sprint with the hosting deal.
I was thinking that it was more along the lines of the captain abandoning ship while some of the passengers and crew are still aboard.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
variablebinary
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5S AT&T
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 12,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodiemob
What relevance does this have to LSQ or this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum
Sprint Touchpoint, Kyocera KWC 2235 (Verizon), Samsung N400, Samsung A920, Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy SII E4GT, Galaxy SII (AT&T), iPhone 4S (AT&T), iPhone 5 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), iPhone 5S (AT&T)

Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
bigsnake49
Telephone User

SU$: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodiemob View Post
Nah, lobbyists and political cronies were invented by Obama. He's a marxist that likes to rescue big capitalist companies
bigsnake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
stormchaser2009
Telegraph User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
Nah, lobbyists and political cronies were invented by Obama. He's a marxist that likes to rescue big capitalist companies
I couldn't have said it ANY better with O-Scuma-Obama.
stormchaser2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
lieshaxbs
Telephone User

Mood: Aggressive
My Mood: Aggressive
SU$: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
dont act liek peopel never complained about bush or any recent president having those same EXACT issues. obama is just more blatent about it.
lieshaxbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
bigsnake49
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieshaxbs View Post
dont act liek peopel never complained about bush or any recent president having those same EXACT issues. obama is just more blatent about it.
Careful, grasshopper! The sarcasm was thick in my previous post!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
Dan
Forever my Angel

Let's try and get this back on the topic of people resigning from LSQ and off any political theories.

Honestly, if LSQ had an "in" with the white house, the FCC wouldn't be supporting the GPS manufacturers blindly. A spectrum swap would have been publicly discussed and have been negotiated quickly.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
ccchhhrrriiisss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Let's try and get this back on the topic of people resigning from LSQ and off any political theories.

Honestly, if LSQ had an "in" with the white house, the FCC wouldn't be supporting the GPS manufacturers blindly. A spectrum swap would have been publicly discussed and have been negotiated quickly.

Good point. This may simply be about appearances.

President Obama has visited the San Francisco Bay Area several times over the past couple of years. Most of the time, the president has been busy fundraising (which should be expected during campaign season).

However, he has also visited with certain tech industry gurus behind closed-door dinners and meetings during these trips (or, more often, in the homes of the tech gurus who hosted the fundraisers).

We'll never know what was actually discussed -- unless someone stepped forward. However, I suspect that they talked about their golf handicaps more than scratching one another's backs.

In this case, members of the Obama Administration had met several times with LightSquared while the company was undergoing regulatory review. At the same time, some documents and emails seemed to tie officials with the company with members of the Obama Administration.

It may be much ado about nothing...except appearance. Or, it could be that the CEO is simply abandoning ship. Sometimes the appearance is worse than the actual substance.

Still, this is yet more indication that LightSquared is joining the likes of other companies that met their demise out of poor leadership and direction.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
Still, this is yet more indication that LightSquared is joining the likes of other companies that met their demise out of poor leadership and direction.
I'd say that LightSquared is likely to "die" because of issues that were quite a bit beyond their control.

They didn't design GPS receivers after all. The GPS receivers should have been properly shielded to not have "out of band" signals cause issues.

Hopefully, for LSQ, the DOD will swap unused spectrum to keep the current LSQ band "quiet." One can hope in the future receivers will be able to filter out those out of band frequencies, or that a "next generation" of GPS satellites will operate at a higher power so their is not an issue.

In the end, LSQ was not really at fault for the problems, it was companies like Garmin who choose to not shield their devices.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
bigsnake49
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'd say that LightSquared is likely to "die" because of issues that were quite a bit beyond their control.

They didn't design GPS receivers after all. The GPS receivers should have been properly shielded to not have "out of band" signals cause issues.

Hopefully, for LSQ, the DOD will swap unused spectrum to keep the current LSQ band "quiet." One can hope in the future receivers will be able to filter out those out of band frequencies, or that a "next generation" of GPS satellites will operate at a higher power so their is not an issue.

In the end, LSQ was not really at fault for the problems, it was companies like Garmin who choose to not shield their devices.
The FCCis also at fault for not testing GPS receivers for additional interference protection, starting in 2003, when it gave Lightsquared the OK to build a hybrid satellite/ATC network.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > More trouble with LightSquared...

Tags
cellular, data, lightsquared, lte, sprint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: