Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
banzaiwolfe
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus 5
SU$: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Can someone clarify this for me. I past the 20 month upgrade. So if I buy the 6 plus 128GB with the two year upgrade will I get the phone at 499-150+36 upgrade fee for a total out the door of $385? Or am I misunderstanding?
You're misunderstanding. $499 IS the two-year upgrade price for the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus. Full price for that phone is $949.
banzaiwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #17
HellcatM
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpelkey View Post
Is anyone going to do the iphone for life?
I think for 70 bucks and the ability to trade in the iphone at the end of the 24 mo period...is pretty good.

I am a samsung guy, but willing to get the iphone plus to keep my bill at 70 mo...

anyone else?
Ummm, no. To have to use an iphone and be in the apple ecosystem makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I'll pay more and get a big boy phone.
HellcatM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand0 View Post
Subsidies for phone is still available... but in the next days a deposit will be required for subsidized phones.

In the past, you used to pay the discounted phone (payment no. 1) = 2 years of contract (ETF = $350) (upgrade fee $36)

In the next days: You will pay the discounted phone (payment part. 1), Deposit (payment part. 2) = 2 years of contract (ETF = $350) (upgrade fee $36).

*non refundable deposit*

You will only make 1 payment, but you will notice that you are paying more for phones compared to previous years becuase of that deposit. The deposit may vary depending of the device model and customer account... Sprint wants you to choose Easy Pay, bring your own device, or pay full price.

What? Huh? What? What is the proposed explanation for this non-refundable "deposit?" If true, will this apply to new customers only or will it apply to upgrades too?
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #19
gwmac
Tricorder user

Phone: Gold iPhone 5s
SU$: 32,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellcatM View Post
When he bought the use of the iphone on Sprint for $21 billion dollars instead of using that money to make a better network. He thought the iphone would be Sprints savior but it wasn't and he was wrong.

Now I think the new CEO is screwed. The new "get an iphone plan for $20 and 0% interest" sounds like apple is extorting them to sell more iphone or they'll have to continue paying big bucks to keep the iphone (and they're probably under contract). The more iphones Sprint sells the less they have to pay and since Sprint hasn't been selling iphones hand over fist (they've been selling more Android phones), apple is pressuring them. So what is the new CEO to do? He makes this hail Mary in hope that more people but I don't think it will work. Hopefully he has other ideas up his sleeve. He has a hard task ahead of him.

If the issue I have isn't fixed soon I'll probably move to AT&T.
It was $20B not $21 and without that deal there would't be a Sprint now. DO you honestly think it could have survived without it? It paid for 30 million iPhones at a discount price and Sprint will have sold all 30 million of those very soon. In case you hadn't noticed the iPhone is the most popular phone(s) on Sprint and that will grow bigger with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus.

At least the iPhone deal was a good one. The Nextel and so many others resulted in flushing money down the toilet. You completely misunderstand the deal if you think the more they sell the less money they have.

Where you got the idea that Android is more popular on Sprint is beyond me. Every report I have seen showed the iPhone 5s still the top seller even recently even though the 6 was almost here. So unless you have a link you are just making things up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/there...ght-now-2014-7
Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #20
ssmatik
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
You're misunderstanding. $499 IS the two-year upgrade price for the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus. Full price for that phone is $949.
Yeah I get it now. I called CS to clarify because it seems really odd that they don't do anything really for long time customers. It sucks that I've been with them so long and a guy walks in the store for the first time and gets the same exact pricing as I get with my $150 fake loyalty discount or whatever they call it.

One positive thing is that the customer service rep was real nice and told me she hates when companies don't take care of long time customers. She actually told me to go look at other carriers that might appreciate their customers more. I know it's not likely but at least she was understanding of my view.
ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #21
Armand0
Telephone User

SU$: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbin View Post
What? Huh? What? What is the proposed explanation for this non-refundable "deposit?" If true, will this apply to new customers only or will it apply to upgrades too?
It will apply for new and existing customers that want to upgrade too.

Look at the recent plans, Sprint wants to reduce lines with subsidized phones, its just another effort to accomplish that goal.

In the next few days there will be something like account review to check your payments, suspentions... loyalty? ... etc. Some customers will pay more, less, and others will no see any difference, it will depend of the account.
Armand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:47 AM   #22
fabulosity
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 5
SU$: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by urkel View Post
The problem with that plan is that the $20/mo is based on getting the cheapest iPhone 6 ($599 value). Anyone know how that monthly fee scales because the model I want (6+ 64GB) is valued at $799.

BTW. Another good reason to get the iPhone for Life plan is that you don't have to pay sales tax since you don't actually own the phone.
That's the one I got, says it's 35.42 per month.
fabulosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #23
jeeman
Telegraph User

Phone: N400
SU$: 51
After 24 months, that $35.42 is $850. That's the price of the phone after tax, except you don't have a phone to sell after 24 months.
jeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #24
urkel
Telegraph User

SU$: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeman View Post
After 24 months, that $35.42 is $850. That's the price of the phone after tax, except you don't have a phone to sell after 24 months.
Actually, thats the cost BEFORE tax. They charge you tax up front AND charge you $50 higher than retail. (Whats with that price? Best Buy pricematches Apple and lowers it to retail $799 but does Sprint do that too?)
urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #25
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,401
Sprint doesn't price match. With subsidized plans decreasing, I would think Sprint would want to be more competitive to drive sales to its store or website for subs who buy their phones outright.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #26
VDubb
The Guru

Mood: Amused
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 36,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Yeah I get it now. I called CS to clarify because it seems really odd that they don't do anything really for long time customers. It sucks that I've been with them so long and a guy walks in the store for the first time and gets the same exact pricing as I get with my $150 fake loyalty discount or whatever they call it.

One positive thing is that the customer service rep was real nice and told me she hates when companies don't take care of long time customers. She actually told me to go look at other carriers that might appreciate their customers more. I know it's not likely but at least she was understanding of my view.
I don't think any carriers offer long-time customer discounts. I know T-Mobile doesn't and Verizon got rid of theirs back in 2011 as well. I never heard of anything from AT&T for long-time customers either.

Last edited by VDubb; 09-13-2014 at 12:21 PM.
VDubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #27
Designed4Him
Two Cans & String User

Phone: S4
SU$: 144
Quote:
Actually, thats the cost BEFORE tax. They charge you tax up front AND charge you $50 higher than retail. (Whats with that price? Best Buy pricematches Apple and lowers it to retail $799 but does Sprint do that too?)
I'm pretty sure 849 is not higher than retail. It's the same price advertised on Apple.

After 24 months you own the phone on Easy pay. iPhone for life you have to give the phone back and when I was pre ordering my 6+ 64GB on Easy Pay the Rep tried to get me to do iPhone for life he didn't mention an up charge
Designed4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #28
jeeman
Telegraph User

Phone: N400
SU$: 51
Quote:
That's crazy...why rent something for the same exact price, and not own the phone? Unless they cover insurance and replacements. That might be a deal, because repairing a cracked screen is close to $100 or more.
jeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #29
Designed4Him
Two Cans & String User

Phone: S4
SU$: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeman View Post
That's crazy...why rent something for the same exact price, and not own the phone? Unless they cover insurance and replacements. That might be a deal, because repairing a cracked screen is close to $100 or more.
With easy pay it's not renting. You own the phone after 2 years. With iPhone for life it's renting
Designed4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
BigLouie
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 6 Gold
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 3,642
You get a different answer depending on who you talk to it seems. I talked on the phone with a Sprint Care person who said that I can get on the new $60 unlimited plan AND get a iPhone 6 64GB for $299 ( I am past my contract and can upgrade) PLUS get $200 for my current iPhone 5. Now the kicker is that if I pre-buy I have to pay $299 +tax and will get a $200 credit applied to my bill when I pick up the phone and turn mine in BUT if I wait until phone is here and do the deal I can get the phone for only $99 (299-200). I am very tempted to wait until Friday and get to a store early and try to get a phone and get on the $60 plan then.
BigLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 6 Series > Best way to buy an iPhone 6 from Sprint?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: